Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I would support Kosmina as assistant, good experience and AUFC has done some good things. Would be especially good if he brings his conditioning coach with him. I also like the sound of Busan as well.

That said, i would like heart management to be be less knee jerk reactionists, JA will get us to the finals at least, he will hopefully learn and improve and should get another year in charge.

I like a bit of loyalty in a club, a bit of trust, but it's a tricky balance. Such as the Hoff being picked constantly, constantly out of position.

Mediocrity is bad if it's as staid as a swamp, it's Ja's first year in charge ffs.

You think I agree with what happens at Hannover 96 each week? Mirko Slomka might be an excelent coach, but how many more years on JA does he have? Did you expect a first time manager with one year of youth coaching to win us the championship? Do me a favour.

Heart board chose this path, he should be given another year becuase of it, if things next year are as bad or worse, then granted a tough lesson needs to be learnt. As i remember he just finished his A liscence before getting the job, it's like asking a Uni grad with a bit of work experience to run a company, I suggested others when the appointment was in the air and as I said, this is the path the club took, see it for what it is.

I just read this quote credited to JA on the club website.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Retre-called-up-into-senior-squad-for-Derby/59769

I am sure Sam Mitchinson was on the bench against WSW. Either I have mis-read the quote, JA was refuring to being on the field or JA rates Mitchinson so lowly he doesn't even remember having him in the match day squad.

Any which way it doesn't sound good and I would like for JA to publicly back our young players rather than talking them down as he has for Sam and Jeremy Walker.

Said he trained like a spastic in the lead up for the game so he went with Hoffman.

I also know that Roff use to play LB a little bit at Newy - and Culina once tried to convert him to being a LWB.

Aloisi said himself "I know people must look at some of my selections and ask what I'm doing". But he put it down to not having players available.

Edited by marteaux

Said he trained like a spastic in the lead up for the game so he went with Hoffman.

If he used performance as a criterion I could name players who've played repeatedly this season and played very poorly indeed.

He's being inconsistent.

I said a while ago that I didn't think Aloisi has the same commitment to youth as JvS did.

• Like 1

Cannot complain with the performance from a heavily undermanned squad J.A not out yet

Did MV not have Ansell and Gallaway playing? Are they not young players but somehow you don't hear Ange make complaints about missing players.

Our gaffer just makes excuse after excuse, get rid of him and bring in Joe Palatsides.

Cannot complain with the performance from a heavily undermanned squad J.A not out yet

Did MV not have Ansell and Gallaway playing? Are they not young players but somehow you don't hear Ange make complaints about missing players.

Our gaffer just makes excuse after excuse, get rid of him and bring in Joe Palatsides.

Ansell and Galloway are pretty much their first choice now..

Ansell and Galloway are pretty much their first choice now..

Galloway made his first team debut today, what are you on about? youngest player on the field and Ansell the second youngest

After last nights disappointment lose to The other Melbourne team, I see that JA is not the coach to take us forward. It's true, we have players injured and missing through suspension however, the buck stops with the coach. What we need to do as supports is look at the season as a whole. There have been many games were this current Heart side has failed to perform, Rd2, the Perth Game, the Sydney FC game (both of them to date), the Wellington game, and the WSW game last week. There is, or at least should have been at least 7pts more that what we should have. In addition I think most heart players are unfit and the side is not conditioned to run for 90min. Can any heart supporter see a football philosophy in JA? As a passionate supporter I want to see the heart performing well, hungry to win at home and away, I want to see a ruthlessness in our play, to say to the whole league "we might be a small club but we will match anyone on any given day" and that has nothing to do with winning game but more about a reflection on the coach... The players are only as good as there coach...

• Like 2

Adelaide was the first time I saw us confidently take it to a compact side.

Last night we looked good for most of the match except for maybe a 15 minute period. We should have been up at half time.

If JA is planning on only playing the one style, which now seems like he is, then next season had better be right and our squad needs to be shaped around our playing style. With three transfer periods since he took over and the salary cap covered there will be no more excuses.

I like JA but not as our coach. If the club is going to win the A-League we need someone that is tough on the players and has proven to get results and finals experience. I say get Kosmina.

No just no Kossi can't coach for nuts and is a drama queen.

Aloisi coached well last night we setup well and had movement off the ball. The only time we looked really shaky was when we conceded. Whilst I agree on the injury front also remember we went into the season with a small squad so it's been hard to replace those players. The blame here isn't really on Aloisi for mine but medical staff. We aren't the visitors and Aloisi isn't going anywhere he has my support. Hopefully only onwards and upwards from now on.

I'm not suggesting the club get rid of JA now, but this season has been a real disapointment I'm sure you can all admit that. My question is can the heart afford to have an inexperienced coach at the helm? Its our 3rd season and we haven't even thrown a punch in this league. The media don't talk about us, when ever we win games other coach don't give us credit and I think the league shows no respect for us as a club... From Saturday's game against the Victory they have completely dominated this city both on the field and off it. For us, the Melbourne Heart to make any sort of impact we need to be extreme both on and off the field... If we think JA is the man to head this club, then I hope so...

My question for supporters is

Q. JA has a 3year deal as head coach will he deliver a championship within that time?

Q. Can Melbourne Heart afford not to win silverware within the next 3 seasons?

When JA took over he identified a defensive midfield as the most important position to fill. He let Sroj go and signed Paddy Gerhardt.

At the end of last season our starting back four was Behich, Hamill, Good & Marrone. With SC sitting on the bench on his mobile to v******.

Before the start of the season Hamill & Good are sold. This robs JA of PG to play in the position he identified as our biggest weakness. So we have Thomo playing as a defensive mid who doesn’t win the ball back and is a woeful pass of the ball.

Neither centre back has been effectively replaced. The job has fallen to young Vrankovic who looks promising but a fair way from the best A-League defenders.

Mid season Behich, & Marrone are sold. Leaving us trying the Hoff at left back! Two kids with a handful of experience now do the job. And when Walker gets caught out of position in the derby I hear people criticising the coach!

JA has performed pretty well considering the lack of support he has received from the administration in terms of releasing funds received from transfers for re-investment imo.

And JA’s signings have been pretty good too.

• Like 1

I'm not suggesting the club get rid of JA now, but this season has been a real disapointment I'm sure you can all admit that. My question is can the heart afford to have an inexperienced coach at the helm? Its our 3rd season and we haven't even thrown a punch in this league. The media don't talk about us, when ever we win games other coach don't give us credit and I think the league shows no respect for us as a club... From Saturday's game against the Victory they have completely dominated this city both on the field and off it. For us, the Melbourne Heart to make any sort of impact we need to be extreme both on and off the field... If we think JA is the man to head this club, then I hope so...

My question for supporters is

Q. JA has a 3year deal as head coach will he deliver a championship within that time?

Very unlikely. But, anything can happen in 3 years.

Q. Can Melbourne Heart afford not to win silverware within the next 3 seasons?

Yeah i think we can, what we cant afford, is lacklustre football, not being regularly in the finals, and pushing as close to semi's as possible and we can't afford stupid decisions being made behind doors which can jeoperdize the ffuture of the club. Just keep the foundations strong, and build from the ground up, and refer to every aspect of the club when i say that.

Personally, perhaps we would benefit from an experienced head replaceing Aloisi for next season, with Aloisi being assistant, if he is willing. Still a few games to go this season, and perhaps a finals series for Aloisi to show what his got, then at seasons end weigh up all options and go through a list of possibilities, whether they include Aloisi or not is the boards decision and Aloisi himself.

• 2 weeks later...