Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I see a few fans angry at JA for not quitting.

If I was in a job with 1.5 years left in my contract, sucked at the job and knew I would never be able get the same job again, wsidould I quit? Would I just give up all that $$$? No chance.

I consider myself a loyal guy but a contract is a contract IMO. On the flipside I hate when someone rises in stocks during a contract and demands a re-wrte.

If I was in a job with 1.5 years left in my contract, sucked at the job and knew I would never be able get the same job again, wsidould I quit? Would I just give up all that $$$? No chance.

I consider myself a loyal guy but a contract is a contract IMO. On the flipside I hate when someone rises in stocks during a contract and demands a re-wrte.

If he cares about the club as much as he claims then he would quit.

I doubt many are as passionate about their job as they are a football team. If Aloisi is hanging around cos he knows he wont get paid elsewhere then thats fine. He just needs to stop banging on about how much he cares for the club and how much passion he has for the club.

He should think about his long term career rather than short term monetary gains. 

But it's probably just more likely that he believes his own excuses and thinks Heart are constantly on the verge of winning ten games in a row... If only he has one more game, one more, just one more game...

It's not really JA's fault for being stupid (the time for being nice is over)... for all we know the board might be simply telling him to hang on while they find new owners.

If JA was smarter he would quit but the decision should have been made for him a long time ago. 

Your comparing yourself to a guy whose earrnt millions of dollars in his career and will walk straight into a media career once his coaching career is over. JA is the old guy pulling up in his convertible to grab a feed at the Salvation Army Sunday brunch at present. 

Regardless of the benefits to himself, what he is doing is still wrong.

Defeated Aloisi could go

Ben McKay

Dec 28 2013

At the lowest ebb of his young coaching career, John Aloisi looked a man out of answers as he explained another loss for Melbourne Heart.

Solving the Heart's issues might not be Aloisi's problem for much longer after his side's demoralising 1-0 defeat to second-bottom Wellington on Friday night.

Aloisi is seemingly long-odds to remain in charge of the Heart by the time their next game comes around against Central Coast in Gosford on Sunday week.

The Heart are winless in 17 games since February and six points adrift at the bottom of the A-League after 12 rounds.

Two more winless games and the Heart will equal the league record of 19 matches set by the now defunct New Zealand Knights in 2005-2006.

Saying it was "definitely" the lowest point in his coaching career, Aloisi couldn't recall a worse streak in his 22 years in professional football.

"As a player I don't think I went this long without winning either," he said.

Aloisi's record paints a sorry picture with 39 matches in charge yielding just 31 points, no interstate wins and a negative goal difference of 22.

He was at a loss to explain his side's deflating performance against the Phoenix.

"I've never been in a team that's created so many chances and can't - I don't want to swear - win games," he said.

"I don't know what else you have to do to win games."

Former striker Aloisi, who scored 27 goals for the Socceroos in 55 matches, suggested his forwards had most to think about.

"It's different if they're half chances but if they're clear, like that, you should be winning games," he said.

"It's not good enough ... the players need to really work through this now."

Phoenix boss Ernie Merrick - who took Wellington to their first back-to-back wins in 18 months and a first win in Victoria ever - showed his compassionate side when considering Aloisi's plight.

"I really feel for John Aloisi actually because I thought John's team were the better team tonight."

"I hope John gets the opportunity to develop his team the way he wants them to play and I hope he gets the decision-making power to bring in players he wants and not lose players he wants to keep."

A complicating factor in whether the Heart board moves on Aloisi could be the reported takeover of the club by businessman Bart Campbell.

The Herald-Sun reported this week that a $12 million deal for the club was all but agreed with a consortium led by Campbell, but whether that comes to fruition or impacts on Aloisi's tenure remains to be seen.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8776918

Edited by Murfy1

How many chances did we actually create last night?

I counted 1 clear chance with Williams, and one chance to Behich and Mifsud (when he received the ball from Behich). The team Aloisi fully created should be creating much more chances, period. Wellington created more and were deserved winners.

I have no doubt he's a nice guy with a good personality, but he is simply no where near good enough to coach an A-League club.

How many chances did we actually create last night?

I counted 1 clear chance with Williams, and one chance to Behich and Mifsud (when he received the ball from Behich). The team Aloisi fully created should be creating much more chances, period. Wellington created more and were deserved winners.

I have no doubt he's a nice guy with a good personality, but he is simply no where near good enough to coach an A-League club.

I agree Murfy. This "we created plenty of chances" is a myth and a lie. Wellington were queuing up in and around the box to have a crack. We were not.

Think about this for a second, JA quits like most of us want him to do. Then what? Leaves our club with no replacement coach and in an even worse position/direction were already in.

Classic catch 22 position.

We are fucked either way, atleast this way JA can show how much he cares about the club (by quitting) instead of just claiming he does.

• Like 1

Think about this for a second, JA quits like most of us want him to do. Then what? Leaves our club with no replacement coach and in an even worse position/direction were already in.

I would rather have no coach for the rest of the season than watch one more boring, insipid, shit inspired football that JA implements. This would be only the beginning of the clean out. Look out SM and JD

Edited by kingofhearts

JA has his mates now in the media coming up with stories about how needs to make sure he has the time to build his own team! All to protect him and deflect the blame from him.

Propaganda at its its best!!

I vividly recall him claiming in the pre-seaon how he was responsible for every signing and the release of many players, add to this the culling of very capable staff as well, to now be at a point where he boasts the highest number of back room staff of any A-League club!

DUD!

Edited by mstam

I would rather have no coach for the rest of the season than watch one more boring, insipid, shit inspired football that JA implements. This would be only the beginning of the clean out. Look out SM and JD

JA has his mates now in the media coming up with stories about how needs to make sure he has the time to build his own team! All to protect him and deflect the blame from him.

Propaganda at its its best!!

I vividly recall him claiming in the pre-seaon how he was responsible for every signing and the release of many players, add to this the culling of very capable staff as well, to now be at a point where he boasts the highest number of back room staff of any A-League club!

DUD!

We have three assistant coaches:

Foxe

Nus

Palatsides

We are looking for someone as a caretaker until the end of this season. IMO there would be nothing wrong with Palatsides. We could also approach Alistair Edwards and Miron Bleiberg.

Would love to see Edwards come in as a caretaker. Get a few months of him as a trial and we can fuck him off easily if he shows any signs of causing unrest like he did at Glory. Most Glory supporters I know were disappointed to see him go.

Plus he gives youth a go !! Get him in before we go to perth and we win our first game of the season against Burns and the gang. Would be awesome !!!! not going to happen though.

JA is not a nice person with a good personality

How anyone could think this is beyond me. Its the dumbest comment around.

The way he blasted Bosnich for a simple and fair question shows what a horrible human he really is

Agree. He has charm nothing more

Agree. And a decent looking bloke too where I have a friend who said she would sleep with him.

Isn't John van 't Schip in Australia? If so, surely he can take the coaching job on a caretaker basis?   Might also give game time to some of our youth players who haven't yet had a look in? Might get Aziz Behich back to the standard where he was considered a potential Socceroo?  

Isn't John van 't Schip in Australia? If so, surely he can take the coaching job on a caretaker basis?   Might also give game time to some of our youth players who haven't yet had a look in? Might get Aziz Behich back to the standard where he was considered a potential Socceroo?  

Would prefer we get a coach who could potentially be around next season so we get a good look at them. If we're going to retain our members and grow our base for next season, we really need a complete wipe out and rebranding so people aren't thinking they are seeing the same ol' Heart again.

"And around a dozen fans confronted Aloisi in the car park after the game demanding his resignation with eye witnesses claiming the heated exchange lasted almost 10 minutes."

:lawl:  :lawl:  :lawl: 

Full article:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-heart-lose-patience-with-john-aloisi-sacking-him-after-horror-run-of-results/story-e6frf4gl-1226791189982

• Like 5