Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

The Brisbane match is a tough match to analyse. I fully agree that if we took our chances we would have won. And we might well have won quite comfortably. If we managed to beat CCM (and didn't have BS penalties called against us, for example), confidence would have been up, and I reckon that additional confidence would have been enough for our players to put away their chances. The final scoreline really conceals how close we were to winning.

Sorry dude you can't sugar coat a 3-0 bending over

At the risk of being unpopular, shouted down, laughed at, spat on (ok not that one we aren't MV fans) etc I think we should Back JA.  Yes I know most of you think the B should be an S but I don't see we have a choice.  I am not suggesting we accept mediocrity in fact the opposite I just believe (the club) don't have the funds to cover the sacking or the money to seek a viable option.  JVS has already publicly stated he would not take the role (at least that's how I remember it) and we must give him MORE time.

The season is only in its infancy and we haven't been that bad.  We dominated for 60 minutes against the Champions and we played reasonably well against the Roar in the first half.  The derby was a dour draw and the Glory game was very average. 

I don't normally post topics (unless it's plugging my blogs on 'From the Stands') or back Aloisi to be honest but I believe he is receiving a rough deal at the moment.  This is the first season he has been able to choose his own squad (last season was ravaged by sales and injuries) and without Harry Kewell Patrick Kisnorbo and Orlando Engelaar it does leave a massive hole of both experience and skill.

Let's BACK JA this Friday night and really get behind the club.  Last season I was very anti Aloisi so this is a fresh approach I am taking, hopefully it's the right one.

Before judging John we should at least give him the next month.  This is the most important month in our History.  No I am not understating this I truly believe this month could make or break the club.

Nov 8 vs. Western Sydney (Home)

Nov 15 vs. Sydney (Home)

Nov 24 vs. Newcastle (Away)

Dec 1 vs. Adelaide (Home)

If we don’t manage 8+ points in these games it will leave us languishing in a precarious position and the tenure of Aloisi could well be under pressure.

Being a head coach/manager in Football is one of the toughest gigs in our great game and it’s a cut throat industry.  Time is not normally a coach’s friend but I firmly believe we should give Aloisi at least another four weeks.  If not at least remember him for his penalty, not his coaching career thus far.

Hopefully I will see you at the game this Friday night.  This is a massive game for the club, and we must remember we are on the national stage with SBS giving us our first free to air coverage of the season.

See you at the game.

Hardsy

The Brisbane match is a tough match to analyse. I fully agree that if we took our chances we would have won. And we might well have won quite comfortably. If we managed to beat CCM (and didn't have BS penalties called against us, for example), confidence would have been up, and I reckon that additional confidence would have been enough for our players to put away their chances. The final scoreline really conceals how close we were to winning.

Sorry dude you can't sugar coat a 3-0 bending over I think he's just saying that if Ramsay, Mifsud or Gerhardt put away their shots when it was still 0-0, or Ramsay's shot that hit the post went in. The game would've ended very differently. Whether we would've won or not it's impossible to know, but it wouldn't have hurt and would've boosted moral in the team

• Like 1

Aloisi's coaching record at A-League Level

P:31

W: 8

D: 5

L:18

GF: 33

GA: 46

Averaging under a point per game.

JVS coaching record at A-League Level

P: 57

W: 17

D: 19

L:19

GF: 67

GA: 76

Both very unflattering stats

Considering JVS was building a whole new club he should be given some bonus points. 

Ante MIlicic was the clear choice with runs in the board from his work with sydney united, australian youth teams and heart assistant for two seasons.

Aloisi has done nothing to continue with the role he was never meant to be given.

Chances have run out, beg Milicic to come back or give Mark Rudan an opportunity.

With Ante he still has a great relationship with JVS and Rudan has done amazing things with Sydney United were he delived the national premier league championship and the NSWPL championship.

Heart board wake up

• Like 1

Actually, don't have to sack him at all.

Just move him aside, make him "Technical Manager - Development" reporting to Clint Bolton, and give him nothing to do. Classic industry ploy - happens all the time.

There's enough expertise with Palatsides, Nus and JvS to steer the club forward.

Isn't JVS operating half here half back in holland? What's the point in having a manager who's only in the country for a few weeks at a time?

Still better than Aloisi. But to be honest I wouldn't want JVS either. Give me Ian Holloway, Rado Vidosic, Mark Rudan, Ante Milicic or a Gombau type. 

Looks like I'm 0/5 (as expected) I agree that we should have hired Ante.  And P.S I'm not 'high' but thanks for the concern.

I care about my fellow heart supporters :)

All about results my friend, would you rather be perth glory, who have played like shit there last two games, but are second on the ladder, or be melbourne heart who have suffered honourable losses? JA can give us honourable loses thats about it.

• Like 1

Hardsy. You mean well, and no disrespect to you or JA. But last season, particularly the disastrous fade-out at the end, a pre-season in which we couldn't beat an A-League side, and now 15% of this season gone and we are bottom of the league without a win with just four goals scored in our last 9 league games...how much more evidence do you need?

I've had to discipline a couple of people in my career. It's not nice. But you can't pussyfoot around for too long or the organisation as a whole suffers.

Sorry Hardsy it's mediocre thinking you have written.

If we had any ambition as a club, we would act now.

Fans have lost patience, I can see a low crowd Friday night which being on FTA would be an embarrassment. This club needs to act.

We are lucky in that a big wsw group of fans will be travelling to Melbourne that will boast crowd numbers. But regardless of this Aloisi should do the honourable thing and step down if he has any love of our great club.

The club need to act now...aloisi should be called into the directors room and be given his marching orders.

Milicic or rudan..mhfc make the calls tonight

• Like 1

Actually, don't have to sack him at all.

Just move him aside, make him "Technical Manager - Development" reporting to Clint Bolton, and give him nothing to do. Classic industry ploy - happens all the time.

There's enough expertise with Palatsides, Nus and JvS to steer the club forward.

Call Ante and say sorry..we will give you whatever you want...

Hardsy, I understand and respect your calls for unity but his position is untenable. We must not forget that despite it only being 4 rounds into this season he also had 27 games last year to get it right. And did he? Hell no. He plays lump ball to a 5'5 striker who is his own signing, a sackable offence in itself. His sub choices are mind bogglingly poor and his continued positivity towards losses and draws suggests to me he not only doesn't possess the tactical ability to out manage other sides but he also doesn't have a 'win at all costs' mentality, which is pivitol. I know this is the A-League but do you think a SAF would come out after a 3-0 away loss and be happy with the performance? Hell no, even Mike Mulvey was pissed off with his team and they won the game!

3 and a bit years of mediocre performance and an abysmal away record suggests that enough is enough. We as supporters need to unite and show up to the game Friday but we need to express our disappointment at what is unfolding on the pitch.

For me, the board have done their part, the recruiting staff have done their part, the marketing department have done an amazing job increasing memberships after last year. The only people who aren't doing their jobs are the players. And the manager has to be held accountable for this because they are not using the right tactics and motivational techniques to get the most out of his team. I can tell you that I believe our XI out there against Brisbane today was better than theirs yet we still lose 3-0. 

• Like 3

Sorry Hardsy it's mediocre thinking you have written.

If we had any ambition as a club, we would act now.

Fans have lost patience, I can see a low crowd Friday night which being on FTA would be an embarrassment. This club needs to act.

We are lucky in that a big wsw group of fans will be travelling to Melbourne that will boast crowd numbers. But regardless of this Aloisi should do the honourable thing and step down if he has any love of our great club.

The club need to act now...aloisi should be called into the directors room and be given his marching orders.

Milicic or rudan..mhfc make the calls tonight

I think this speaks volumes. A club/franchise barely a year old is riding high off the field after excelling on the field and we're expecting them to prop up our crowd figures. Give me a fucking break.

We've accepted being average the last three seasons, and made excuses for it. I'm pretty sick of hearing 'oh just wait until we get X player' or 'if only Y player wasn't injured'. 

Fuck. 

It's not that hard to see even Mulvey outthought Aloisi this afternoon. That in itself is pretty embarrassing. 

• Like 1