Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Interesting that Peter Zois no longer appears as a member of the coaching team, pretty much confirming that we are, or will be, looking for a new goalkeeping coach.

Meaning that in just three seasons we have seen all our original coaching team leave the club - van 't Schip, Olsen, Milicic and Zois.

Interesting that Peter Zois no longer appears as a member of the coaching team, pretty much confirming that we are, or will be, looking for a new goalkeeping coach.

Meaning that in just three seasons we have seen all our original coaching team leave the club - van 't Schip, Olsen, Milicic and Zois.

Of course Bolton will get the job,

As despite that fact that the Club is only Three Seasons Old when it comes to hiring Coaches it somehow has managed to replicate the "Horrific Jobs for Mates" policy which took the St Kilda FC over a hundred to perfect.

I understood Bolton to have told people at the Awards Night that he was not interested in the GK coaching role, but preferred a "backroom" or "executive" role with the club.

Why wouldn't Joey Didulica step into this position, given his involvement with the Club last season?

I think Vidosic would be a solid assistant coach. The question is though, would we have two assistant coaches or is Foxe on the way out? If the latter, fair enough. I believe that Foxe was responsible for the defensive side of Heart, and both when our defenders had the ball and when they didn't have it they didn't look especially well drilled. In particular, our defenders might hopefully become much better with the ball if we signed him.

He wasn't great at Roar last season, but overall I thought he was pretty good, so I'd be happy if we signed Vidosic.

Edited by Murfy1

I was disappointed to read this paragraph, "Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi was also keen to land Vidosic and, until last week, the club was confident it could get its man."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/farina-backs-vidosic-as-righthand-man-20130509-2jaiy.html#ixzz2SnrsNdqs

Once again, assuming the journalist had his facts in order, Heart have thought we were the goods and then, FLOP!

I think Heart management see things differently to the rest of us. They think that players and coaches will be desperate to come to Heart and can take their time.

The rest of the football world knows that it is the opposite, and if there is someone decent that is willing to come, we should jump on it.

Although we are analysing things based on one sentence in a newspaper article. Still, doesn't give a good impression.

At least we didn't give a blast of publicity as per Lucas Neill and then fall flat on our faces. So we're learning, albeit slowly.

But really, it's a throw-away and unnecessary line in a newspaper article. There might have been plenty of other opportunities for Vidosic, but the journo has chosen to mention just one.

Move on. More important things to concern ourselves with.

• 1 month later...

1. Change thread Name pls!

2. What has Heart done this season to bolster the managers abilities?

3. Has Aloisi taken time to study other successful managers?

4. Why hasn't he spent a few weeks in Asia?

5. Change is desperately needed off the pitch.

Calling for educational support. Can't ignore the need. Understand the board will not change JA and HF.

We could have all the right players in the world, but lack of leadership and tactical knowledge will cost us next season. It's a fundamental floor in our line up. Heart need to the managers every possible opt to succeed and the need to invest in these 2 guys. I.e. Tactics coaching from JVS. Miron or other. Leadership from Sir Alex Ferguson or other achievable proven leader!! Another assistant coach for game day.....

Club has appointed someone to oversee the JA show and has given him 6 games to get it right.

The start of next season is going to be very interesting. If Heart don't win one of their first three away games he should go. The derby does not count. 

Edited by alexandro

Frustrates the hell out of me this thread is still getting a run. Okay we had a shit season and at the end of there were questions raised. Especially on here. Which probably was fair enough. From that point the club has decided to stick with John and from that point on he really hasn't put a foot wrong. An extended period in Europe talking to players and spending time learning from the European Champions.

Once back his taken every opportunity to promote the club constantly doing interviews through different media outlets.

On top of that we have now signed 4 players in the off season of which all are quality. Now his chasing an ambitious target in trying to get a class Premier League player who has so much to offer for many years to come.

So John keep the good work up.

• Like 2

Frustrates the hell out of me this thread is still getting a run. Okay we had a shit season and at the end of there were questions raised. Especially on here. Which probably was fair enough. From that point the club has decided to stick with John and from that point on he really hasn't put a foot wrong. An extended period in Europe talking to players and spending time learning from the European Champions.

Once back his taken every opportunity to promote the club constantly doing interviews through different media outlets.

On top of that we have now signed 4 players in the off season of which all are quality. Now his chasing an ambitious target in trying to get a class Premier League player who has so much to offer for many years to come.

I'm saving my judgement till the actual season starts. He has done some nice things media and signing wise so far but remember, he still has to make the list gel, the proof will be in the pudding.

• Like 1

I'm saving my judgement till the actual season starts. He has done some nice things media and signing wise so far but remember, he still has to make the list gel, the proof will be in the pudding.

I do agree. Questions should be raised if we starting failing again especially on the road. But surely there is only positives to say about JA over the last couple of months.

I'm sorry Hobart, but this thread needs to remain. He hasn't put a foot wrong this season because we haven't played a game. The efforts you are praising are those of a number one celebrity ticket holder and a recruiting manager. This may sound harsh, but the mark of a good manager is to learn, adapt, teach and inspire. Add to this honesty and self analysis/awareness with the ability to make tough decisions, and you're away. This was all lacking without change over 27 games last year. He is a rookie coach - granted. But we need to be watching him closely to see if there is improvement and development (and if so, give credit where it is due). But unless this happens this ship could easily end up on the rocks.

And don't take the thread title too literally - it's just a place to vent for what has universally been acknowledged as a shit debut season.

• Like 2