Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Melbourne FC vs Newcastle Jets - 5:30 Saturday 24/11/12 AAMI Park

Hammerhead

Yep, seems a bit strange to me. They make it sound like they're giving us a free ticket for ourselves, yet if you get the email, you are probably already a member amd already get entry.

I am happy to use the free ticket for a guest to come along, but that email comes across as really desperate!

And incorrect, as if the membership tent will be there at 2 when kick off is at 5.30.

Haha. My friend just called up the club, and apparently you weren't supposed to get the email if you're a member, only if you're a prospective member.

Which kind of makes more sense.

However, I have been a member since the beginning, and I'm sure plenty of other paid up members have accidentally got it too. Oops.

So we'll be getting a bunch of members expecting a free ticket, and a bunch of prospective members turning up expecting kick off at 4pm.

*sigh*

Melbourne Heart are offering you the fantastic opportunity to come and see the best of the live Hyundiai A-league ation for FREE when we take on Newcastle Jets this Saturday at AAMI Park.

We are giving you a General Admission ticket worth $25 for this vital match where you can witness the battle of the in-form strikers, Josip Tadic and Emile Heskey.

We'd love for you to come and sample game day at our Heartland AAMI Park and shout us on as our No.12 from the stand.

Simply reply to this email with the words ALL HEART along with your name and and we will hold a ticket for you to be collected on Saturday before the match.

Kick off is 4.00pm and tickets can be picked up from the membership tent at the front of the stadium from 2.00pm.

If you have any questions please contact 1300 ALL HEART (255 432)

We look forward to seeing you down there as the players look to fire in the goals and entertain you.

All the best

Your team at Heart

Fred set for comeback

Monday, 19 November 2012 3:12 PM

Melbourne Heart FC's inspirational captain, Fred, is set to return this Saturday against the Newcastle Jets after missing three weeks with a hamstring injury.

Fred, who sustained the hamstring strain against the Central Coast Mariners in round four, was ruled out of the match against Western Sydney Wanderers, before being rested for the 4-1 win over Brisbane Roar and the 1-0 loss against Adelaide United on Saturday.

The Red and White's captain has made a full recovery from the injury after going through the required recovery work with the club's High Performance Manager Tom Reddin.

Fred will be available for selection against the Jets, while Young Socceroos squad members David Vrankovic and Ben Garuccio are also available this week.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Fred-set-for-comeback/53325

I have confidence in JA and the board. They seem to be giving time and patience to JA which is great to see and is a testament to the board and their skills and its this that makes me beleive we have a good club growing. sure a slow burn but still growing and they seem to have long term success at the front of their minds rather than short term gains. I mean if JA were at victory, well he would be gone like duracovic.

The last official word I've seen was in the 'Aloisi's Warm-Up' e-mail of 15th November, which said: ' Jonatan Germano is close to returning to full training, while Vince Grella is making good progress.'

Which really says absolutely nothing at all.

Personally doubt that we'll see Germano again. By the time he's ready, Grella ought to have taken his place.

TBH if Mate was not injured I reckon JA prob would have made the tough call and dropped him to the NYL this week on the Sunday to regain some form, its a pity this could not happen.

He probably would have scored a goal or two in the NYL which could of have given his confidence a little boost and maybe something to build on to get him out his right.