Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

• 2 weeks later...

If he talks again during So Happy Together I will most certainly be annoyed. On another note, the email said this week that the announcer will read the first name of the player and the Yarraside announce the surname, I hope this takes off, seen it done in other leagues around the world and it works very well.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

IMO needs a shortened version. As it is, the song goes on far too long and fades away into nothing.

Bit of work in the studio would produce something a bit snappier. Cut out the present ending and dub in a couple of repeats of the chorus instead.

Edited by jw1739

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It also went on just as long as before and started to fade out towards the end. I think it was playing when the game had already kicked off.

Could easily shorten it to about 90 seconds so its sung well from start to finish.

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1

At the last Rep group meeting I suggested that the PA should be turned down ... response - not necessarily possible?? and volume controlled by the stadium managers

I also suggested a shortened custom version ... response - it would cost $$$ (too much) to get a custom recorded version

not sure the answer but there there is definite disconnect around the ground at present with the song.  I favour the idea of Yarra Side signing it, without music or perhaps the version that is played is a 'chant' version.  If someone could produce this, maybe the club would consider trying it???  I am in a position to present these types of ideas back to the club...

I also suggested a shortened custom version ... response - it would cost $$$ (too much) to get a custom recorded version

Too much money? Are you fucking kidding me? A shortened version is just taking the sound file and chopping it with a small fade. You dont need a degree in audio engineering. I could do it in about 5 minutes. 

*I am not going to though. The club should stop being so lazy/tight

Edited by KSK_47

Too much money? Are you fucking kidding me? A shortened version is just taking the sound file and chopping it with a small fade. You dont need a degree in audio engineering. I could do it in about 5 minutes. 

Was thinking the same thing... unless theres a licensing problem with doing that and need a "professional" to do it. 

So could you ask the club if a fan submitted a shortened version that would be ok to use?

Was thinking the same thing... unless theres a licensing problem with doing that and need a "professional" to do it. 

So could you ask the club if a fan submitted a shortened version that would be ok to use?

No! They can do it!

Yes they should, I mean it is their job. But it seems like they aren't too keen on the song to be played so I doubt they'd bother spending time and money fixing it. I just don't want them lets to say "we tried, but it just didn't catch on".

Edited by Tbitm

They wouldn't even need to edit it. Just turn it down gradually when they reach the relevant bit.

If putting a fade on an audio file costs too much, then paying someone to physically turn down the volume would blow the budget

You think they'd pay them? hahaha!

• 1 year later...