Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

Voted no.

Is this your Crew’s Policy on "So Happy Together" or was it a conscience vote?

Edit: FWIW I voted "Yes".

Huh?

I think my post was fairly self explanatory,

I just wanted to know if your dislike for this "So Happy Together" as our Team Song is one that is shared amongst the other Supras?

Edited by cadete

One question with just a yes or no and no where to expand our answer?

What else could you possible say, twat?

Twat? Lol. I understand this is your song and you're such a big tough bloke and all but that stuff all the time isn't necessary.

you're a twat.

this isn't my song.

I'm actually quite small and weak.

Rofl. Napoleon Complex.

:droy;

Voted no.
Is this your Crew’s Policy on "So Happy Together" or was it a conscience vote? Edit: FWIW I voted "Yes".
Huh?

I just wanted to know if your dislike for this "So Happy Together" as our Team Song is one that is shared amongst the other Supras?

No, I know exactly what you meant and I can't see WTF that has got to do with anything and why you would even bring that up except to have a pathetic little dig.

You know very well my position on this song and you know the different position of others in this thread purely from their own likes.

I made it very clear in the first post I made in this thread (#17 for your recollection) that I wont back this song if it contains the words "Blue". That has been my position through out, and is my position now if given only a Yes or No option with no option to elaborate.

That has nothing to do with anyone what so ever and I think I have enough runs on the board for you to know that I've always gone with my own mind around here.

I think we're setting ourselves up for another epic Melbourne Heart facepalm. And opening ourselves up to tifo insults, banner replies etc. every time we play the blue twats in derbies and this is sung from here until sempiternity because of one single line which should be easily replaceable, or avoided. That is why I voted No, and I can't imagine any other club I follow overseas ever singing a song that has the colours of their rival in it.

Now if you want to throw a mate under the bus and start with the cheap jibes around here every time I make a post, then go right ahead mate. But i'm telling you're going to have a bad time.

Edited by FB.

Voted no.
Is this your Crew’s Policy on "So Happy Together" or was it a conscience vote? Edit: FWIW I voted "Yes".
Huh?

No, I know exactly what you meant and I can't see WTF that has got to do with anything and why you would even bring that up except to have a pathetic little dig.

You know very well my position on this song and you know the different position of others in this thread purely from their own likes.

I made it very clear in the first post I made in this thread (#17 for your recollection) that I wont back this song if it contains the words "Blue". That has been my position through out, and is my position now if given only a Yes or No option with no option to elaborate.

That has nothing to do with anyone what so ever and I think I have enough runs on the board for you to know that I've always gone with my own mind around here.

I think we're setting ourselves up for another epic Melbourne Heart facepalm. And opening ourselves up to tifo insults, banner replies etc. every time we play the blue twats in derbies and this is sung from here until sempiternity because of one single line which should be easily replaceable, or avoided. That is why I voted No, and I can't imagine any other club I follow overseas ever singing a song that has the colours of their rival in it.

Now if you want throw me under the bus and start with the cheap jibes around here every time I make a post, then go right ahead mate. But i'm telling you're going to have a bad time.

All I wanted to know was if your crew supported your fairly unique stance on this song.

And I really could not be bothered going back and "Counting Likes" throughout the seven pages of this thread and regardless some of the ppl mentioned rarely post anyway.

As a strong supporter of this song being played at games:

I wanted to gage if the opposition to this occuring had grown at all and I thought a good place to start was to see if yourself (The most Vocal Opponent of this Song) had made any inroads with the PPL in the Terrace he is closest too.

I admit I am guility that I used an indirect method to hide my real intention of gaging the level of opposition to the song.

But seriously there was No Dig, and No Cheap Jibe, at yourself or your crew.

So calm down and enjoy Sydney.

Voted no.
Huh?

Now if you want throw me under the bus and start with the cheap jibes around here every time I make a post, then go right ahead mate. But i'm telling you're going to have a bad time.

All I wanted to know was if your crew supported your fairly unique stance on this song.

And I really could not be bothered going back and "Counting Likes" throughout the seven pages of this thread and regardless some of the ppl mentioned rarely post anyway.

As a strong supporter of this song being played at games:

I wanted to gage if the opposition to this occuring had grown at all and I thought a good place to start was to see if yourself (The most Vocal Opponent of this Song) had made any inroads with the PPL in the Terrace he is closest too.

I admit I am guility that I used an indirect method to hide my real intention of gaging the level of opposition to the song.

But seriously there was No Dig, and No Cheap Jibe, at yourself or your crew.

So calm down and enjoy Sydney.

Well in fairness every time you bring the crew business up it seems to be for the purpose of having a dig, so I can't be slighted for assuming that was your purpose here.

And when you're publicly dropping my name here about what groups we roll with - when I have never done that too anyone else on here, I think I have a right to be annoyed. Would have preferred you didn't mention it.

And FWIW, I haven't spoken to anyone about the song to get them to come around to my position. It is a personal opinion of mine and I know the song is already well supported enough for me not to to spoil that. I like the song. I just want the chorus cut out over the speakers, so the fans can sing the chorus and sing that line differently. Had there been an option to vote 'yes' and elaborate, I would have voted 'yes'.

Edited by FB.

Sorry to hear you mark it down as a no FB when it sounds like you're more for it than against. I agree with your comments about it but I'm confident this will come with time (as long as the majority like it otherwise we'll never know)

I like this approach...

Step One: Get the Song.

Step Two: Push to Slightly Change Song.

Its a lot easier than combining the two into one step. :up:

I also think 5 minutes before the match is when the MC (need a new one) needs to hype the crowd up a tad. When announcing the teams, for Melbourne it needs to have some really hyped music and he needs to really draw our players out with interaction from the fans. They do this the best in Spain it was totally cool.

They had this cool music and everyone stood up and clapped, then the announcer was saying (my Spanish is poor) Are you ready for tonights team? To which the crowd said YES! Then he started of course with the goal keeper:

"In goals, your goalkeeper, Number 1 - Clinttttttttttttt (then wouldn't say anything, the crowd would say for example) BOLTON"

At Right Back, number 2 - ....... ........

And so on!

It was really good, got fans up and out of the seats and interacting! Hype was good.

I think if we can get this right, we will see a lot more crowd interaction from every part of the ground and let by the might of the Yarraside we can start to build something extra special.

Just on that potential interaction between a MC and the Yarraside, I like the idea like in Germany after a goal as well; for example

MC: Anddddd your goalscorer number 10 Josip

YS: Tadic

MC: Josip

YS: Tadic

MC: JOSSSSIIIPPPPP

YS: TADDDIICCCC

MC: And the score Melbourne Heart

YS: 3

MC: Melbourne Victory

YS: Nil

And away we go into a chant!!!

the victory already do the player introductions as they say the last name, but fuck it lets do it

but i really like the idea of the goal scorer and score

Hey guys, Im in touch with someone about the club about improving the matchday announcing. Please comment on this post (see link) so it can get passed through at the club - http://mhfcsupporter...atch-announcer/ Cheers Edited by Aragorn

Sorry to hear you mark it down as a no FB when it sounds like you're more for it than against. I agree with your comments about it but I'm confident this will come with time (as long as the majority like it otherwise we'll never know)

I like this approach...

Step One: Get the Song.

Step Two: Push to Slightly Change Song.

Its a lot easier than combining the two into one step. :up:

Not part of the active scene, but like the song. That is the tune. No question that it will catch on around AAMI Park.

However, I'm with FB - we simply can't have anything about "being blue." Out of the question.

There are only four home games to go this season (admittedly, none against MV). So what's the rush? Better to do this properly and get it right. All we have to do is change the refrain, and it's so simple to do. Just get rid of "blue' and finesse the final version over the off-season.

If the poll remains just a plain "yes" or "no" then I'm going to have to go in the negative.

• Like 1

Tbh Melbourne Victory's insults and tifos for us are pretty pathetic and always have been. Think Morwell Heart, Wheelie Bin FC, a massive turd in a Heart scarf, a junkies wrist crushing a Heart.

I think they know they will be scraping the bottom of the barrel even further if they try to reference it in a way that offends us.

The sky is actually blue and I don't see a problem with that. Makes more sense than there being 'one team in Melbourne', 'Victory the Brave', or 'Melbourne is red and white'.

The only real insult would be flogs saying 'yeah bitches the sky will always be blue, just like this city..' Which is pretty fucking cringeworthy IMO.

Let them embarrass themselves trying to nitpick our club song. If it gets so bad - just throw it back on them by asking how many times have they abandoned their club when they needed them most (reference to their Stand By Me club song).

Cunts. This thread is about So Happy Together, our song. Lets stop talking about what the Mongs will think of it and just sing it as loud as you can pre kick off in the away bay at the derby. What better way to shut them up?

I CANT SEE ME LOVIN NOBODY BUT YOU, FOR ALL MY LIFEEEEE.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. (Y)

Voted no.

Is this your Crew’s Policy on "So Happy Together" or was it a conscience vote?

Edit: FWIW I voted "Yes".

Full disclosure is always a good thing. We held a meeting to discuss our views on this, and votes totalled 45 for and 72 against. We had to book out a function room at the Oak Park RSL to fit everyone in.

100 plus etc.

• Like 5

i fully support marteaux's statement.

if we are seriously complaining about a reference to the SKY being blue as an insult to our club then what next?

i can't see me loving nobody but you but OHHH i actually follow another team in another country so that's not true.

imagine me and you, I do... well actually i've never imagined myself with you. Guess that's not true either.

So happy together? What about so miserable together?

funnily enough i think the majority of our fanbase probably never liked the turtles. (i for one thought they were great but that's another story - i also thought gerry and the pacemakers were great so i'm hardly a reliable source).

the choice has been made so all we can do now is support it. i hope it will grow on people as OUR song rather than a 60's pop song.