Melbourne Football

Welcome Marcos rajos

kingofhearts

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-victory/aleague-transfer-news-marco-rojas-news/news-story/7b89ae7c179e1b99fbc567248bec6421

Close  the thread 

With an asking price of more than half a million dollars per-season it’s believed Rojas will commit to the club on a long-term deal of up to 3 years.

Edited by CityBoyz

Yeah well with us already having Brilante on 500k I can see why we didnt improve our offer.

Would have been huge for us, not only playing wise but as a statement. But cant do anything about it now

while it was confirmed he turned down an offer from Melbourne City yesterday.

lol when did we announce the departure of Cabrera?

Edited by Dylan

All good and well absolutely no issues with us asking the question and no issues with him rejecting to go back to his original club. 

If Mooy or Arzani came back I'd hope we would be their first choice

Now the real silly stuff starts, of us guessing a signing until it's announced 

25 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-victory/aleague-transfer-news-marco-rojas-news/news-story/7b89ae7c179e1b99fbc567248bec6421

Close  the thread 

With an asking price of more than half a million dollars per-season it’s believed Rojas will commit to the club on a long-term deal of up to 3 years.

Surely they terminated a couple of contracts to get him in?

They can have him but sometimes I wish we could be a bit more ruthless like that, I can think of some nominations to be axed on the spot to make room for quality.

Edited by Mr MO

18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah well with us already having Brilante on 500k I can see why we didnt improve our offer.

Would have been huge for us, not only playing wise but as a statement. But cant do anything about it now

lol when did we announce the departure of Cabrera?

Sunday we announced the departure 

Victory releasing Corey Brown and Dobras to make room for Rojas.....who the fuck would be stupid enough to take Corey Brown for him to be willing to mutually terminate his contract.........surely only Newcastle are that desperate, but even then it's like upgrading from a clapped out Daewoo to a beaten up Great Wall.

• Like 2

If he goes back Victory, thats fine. It'll take their good player count to a grand total of 2.

I know City fans have a very real inferiority complex - especially when it comes to Wifebeater FC, but we are hands down the better team to them this season, so if the Mercenary wants to join them and keep losing to CenCo until his next paycheck comes thats fine by me, can't wait to get stuck into him at the derby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IssySG said:

If he goes back Victory, thats fine. It'll take their good player count to a grand total of 2.

I know City fans have a very real inferiority complex - especially when it comes to Wifebeater FC, but we are hands down the better team to them this season, so if the Mercenary wants to join them and keep losing to CenCo until his next paycheck comes thats fine by me, can't wait to get stuck into him at the derby.

it's typical Victory MO - bring back old club boys... especially as soon as their is noise about them going elsewhere. Realistically, as soon as the rumour came out he was coming back and we were interested, they were always going to jump in and get him.

Just now, rass said:

it's typical Victory MO - bring back old club boys... especially as soon as their is noise about them going elsewhere. Realistically, as soon as the rumour came out he was coming back and we were interested, they were always going to jump in and get him.

Hate to say it but Victory is showing balls to get their season back on track by axing and getting a better player. We seem to be way too easy with under performers. It’s not my money of course but that second marquee spot can easily be paid out to increase our chances on ACL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Hate to say it but Victory is showing balls to get their season back on track by axing and getting a better player. We seem to be way too easy with under performers. It’s not my money of course but that second marquee spot can easily be paid out to increase our chances on ACL.

While it appears they are being more active, it’s kind of a different circumstance. Their squad needs a complete overhaul - ours doesn’t. We need to look at 1-2 positions max.

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It’s called Ambition while our visas are in the treatment centre Windbichler and Florin . It can be seen we need a creative mid and wing as shown when we couldn’t break Sydney, victory or Brisbane down. But nope we will persist with wales on the wing who can’t shoot and no creativity in the middle. 

We’re going to ditch Florin at the end of the season anyway what’s wrong with doing it now and having marquee and 2 visas open. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Victory play dirty on and off the field. We should know by now. As someone else said, I suspect we'll not go near another ex Tards player again after this and Troisi. Can't trust them. 

This is different to Troisi I think, it looks like we have known about this for a while. We asked a question he rejected us, it probably happens every transfer window. For us to be ready to sign someone means we have scouted and negotiated etc, we didn't find out yesterday that Rojas wasn't coming

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neio said:

This is different to Troisi I think, it looks like we have known about this for a while. We asked a question he rejected us, it probably happens every transfer window. For us to be ready to sign someone means we have scouted and negotiated etc, we didn't find out yesterday that Rojas wasn't coming

Exactly. The article says it was confirmed he rejected the offer yesterday but the journalist probably meant that Davutovic confirmed yesterday that Rojas had rejected the offer at some point in the last few weeks (or whenever it was). 

Just now, Harrison said:

Exactly. The article says it was confirmed he rejected the offer yesterday but the journalist probably meant that Davutovic confirmed yesterday that Rojas had rejected the offer at some point in the last few weeks (or whenever it was). 

We'll never know the timing. But what little we know from the inside was that our engagement with Rojas was likely a bit more than a passing offer. Victory appear to have been later to the party, or maybe were pulling strings all along. 

Just now, fensaddler said:

We'll never know the timing. But what little we know from the inside was that our engagement with Rojas was likely a bit more than a passing offer. Victory appear to have been later to the party, or maybe were pulling strings all along. 

I reckon what happend was we were negotiating and then hit a block when wages couldnt be agreed and Victory came in and game him what he wanted.

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Or our apparent move was just a dummy to suck the Tards in. I'd rather wait and see whether we even sign anyone, and then if we do who it is, before guessing at the real cards in the game.

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

You do wonder about the miracle of their cap management... 

It's not that much of a miracle this season 

They have about 3 good players, and 2 of them are marquee

Players like Ruox, Kamsoba and Atihu should be paying fees to play like local Sunday footballers 

20 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

We’re going to ditch Florin at the end of the season anyway what’s wrong with doing it now and having marquee and 2 visas open. 

Exactly this.

What’s paying out 3 months if it’s increasing the ACL changes.

We talked about a soft underbelly with players but this extends to player management as well. 

Just now, Mr MO said:

Exactly this.

We talked about a soft underbelly with players but this extends to player management as well. 

The whole club has a small club mentality tbh not ruthless.  Victory ruthless ditch 2 players and get Rojas we should have got rid of Florin as well could have got a creative mid and winger but no we keep him for 6more months achieving nothing To the eventual release in May 

7 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Exactly this.

We may still do so I guess. But we really wouldn't do this unless we were sure we needed to to get another player in. Otherwise our presently thin squad is even further depleted. 

10 minutes ago, neio said:

It's not that much of a miracle this season 

They have about 3 good players, and 2 of them are marquee

Players like Ruox, Kamsoba and Atihu should be paying fees to play like local Sunday footballers 

That would be the Kamsoba who made our midfield look like it was glued to the ground.... 

• Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic