Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

Well they did do that. Had a chat to S Munn at post game drinks at Bev & Micks, they smashed up 16 chairs at our first ever win at home.

64 chairs passed away last night.

It's bad publicity for the game, but I'm surprised there has been little media attention on Victory supporters breaking and throwing chairs.

If something like this happens at an 'ethnic' orientated club, we never hear the end of it. At the very least, the perpetrators or club should be fined for the sake of maintaining a little bit of consistency.

• Like 1

I lol'd hard when some kids popped a fare when we scored the opening goal. JWas the worst flare I've seen but I felt sorry-ish when all those cops apprehended them and got fucked over. "See you in 5 years and good luck paying up that $5,000 fine" (resource of these punishments from heart page)

I got video of that, was right infront of it, hardly any smoke.

Great start to the season last night. Looks like its gunna be a great season if this keeps up, should have won by more (5-2 namely).

Just a quick message to the idiots who threw the seats around, I was the unfortunate prick to get hit by one of you dickheads throwing it. Very lucky I didn't get seriously hurt I reckon, now I'm all for a good time and don't wanna be a killjoy, but this shit is BULLSHIT!!! I really enjoy the active area, only place to watch, but these idiots need to be taught a lesson.

Lucky I didn't see who it was, thanks to the fans around me and the security boys for checking me over.

Completely agree. A fantastic win for Melbourne Heart that was unfortunately tarnished by the behaviour of a few. The few who performed or condoned those actions need to clean up their act.

I think Heart's going to have a very good season, so hopefully in the future we can focus on football and wins instead off the pitch misbehaviour.

It was hardly tarnished. Whatever sport you go to there will always be dickheads who ruin it for someone, whether it be a group of lads drinking and swearing and upsetting a family, or the events like last night. Just because one person was affected doesnt mean its tarnished.

Its been like 7months since our last game, then we get possible the biggest game of the season to start off with, we are winning and doing well and in the excitement some young lads lost their shit and started ripping seats out. Its all part of the craziness of the being involved in the terrace.

You weren't personally targeted with a flying seat so just shrug it off have another beer and get amongst it!

• Like 1

Also well done to david williams last night. Probably played his best game in a heart jersey

i have seen. He needs to work on his finishing though. He did everything else well but had 3 or 4

chances he really should've buried.

The best part is that every one of Williams shot was on target. Cannot say the same about Archie.

He made the keeper work for everything. That's what you want In an attacker. I hate shots over the bar. At least Williams opened the team up to a second chance or corner etc

I lol'd hard when some kids popped a fare when we scored the opening goal. Was the worst flare I've seen but I felt sorry-ish when all those cops apprehended them and got fucked over. "See you in 5 years and good luck paying up that $5,000 fine" (resource of these punishments from heart page)

The flare was lit in the row in front of me and there were no cops or security....it fizzled out pretty quickly.

The flare was lit in the row in front of me and there were no cops or security....it fizzled out pretty quickly.

it was probably 20 min after where cops swarmed in and took the wrong people as Joel mentioned. The cops also taken the used flare as they exited the bay (just for further proof that's why they invaded)

Edited by Young Polak

it was probably 20 min after where cops swarmed in and took the wrong people as Joel mentioned. The cops also taken the used flare as they exited the bay (just for further proof that's why they invaded)

Really? Fuck knows why I didnt see that as it was right in front of me.

Kiro, I think we are of the same generation. I have voiced my oppositon (as have many others) against the yob element which is the minority of supporters. Most of our supporters were well behaved Friday night and it was great to see so many Heart supporters standing and singing for the club, a great number more than the traditonal active area for home games last season. Hopefully this will carry on next Sunday with the extended active areas but we will have to see the lay of the land at the game.

I'm all for noise and colour without the thuggery. Perhaps if there is too much of a casual element we could start a prawn sandwich active area. At least we won't go home hungry. However, it is better to keep the supporters united and let those making trouble know, despite their complaints and calling us boring, that the non-sense is not appreciated.

why don't we see flares and broken seats in the EPL? They don't really support their clubs over there?

You are not serious?

I agree that Flares are rare but there a still a few a year in the EPL..

But there are many more broken chairs in the EPL than the A League every week, in fact not just in the Away Bay.

At the back of each Home End by the end of the game the granstand consists of ripped up seats alongside ciggie and joint stubs...

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

couldn't agree more with the previous two posters. If you're breaking chairs at the stadium, burning newspapers like last season and lighting flares you're not showing support for your club, but demonstrating that you're a moron.

Burning newspapers? Benzema23 please grow up and be a bit rational. I would suggest you come and stand with us next home game and take in the atmosphere.