Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

Well I didn't have any tickets to go to the derby yesterday but a last min invite by friends who had spare tickets (victory members) so I ended up going last night, ditched them and sat at the top of the stairs behind the away bay, since I didnt have the away tickets ( just a gen admin) . found some family friends who had tickets in isle 17 (right next to the away bay) and snuck in with them to absorb the atmosphere off you boys. :ph34r:

Was a fantastic night for me. Had a good laugh when someone threw a fanta bottle at that fat cunt sitting on the chair in front of us

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

http://media.foxsports.com.au/match-centre/a-league/play-by-play.html?matchid=HAL2012-130101MVCMHT

Click on this link and have a geeze at the DMac goal, absolute class effort from the team!

Bolton with an Amazing long ball to Marrone, who flicks it over Traore's head at Mate's feet, Mate destroys Milligan with his pace and serves it up on a platter for DMac to send it home!

Love it!

really, really happy with how the boys played last night, still can't beleive we won!

special shout out to my man d-mac. To think that we had basically got him for nothing

and that he was only going to be a back up at best, the way he played last night, he looks

like being a very good pick up!

Also well done to david williams last night. Probably played his best game in a heart jersey

i have seen. He needs to work on his finishing though. He did everything else well but had 3 or 4

chances he really should've buried. Surely now people will stop saying victory are flag favourites?

Bravo Aloisi.. Out coached Ange in a similar way that JVS out coached Ange last season.. The high pressing was really impressive and the boys functioned brilliantly in applying pressure in crucial areas.. Have to say, defensively we look much better than previously.. Should have killed the game off well and truly but glad to get the win...

All the players did well really. Fred was amazing. As usual ran more than anybody on the pitch and dictated the game for us along with Garcia. The front 3 were great and especially happy for Williams. Hope he can continue.. Not sure how Hoffman gets picked let alone played in midfield..

We won't play like that all the time as this was really tactics that are specific to Victory and maybe Brisbane. Interested to see how Aloisi will approach the game against Wellington where we will be the ones trying to make the running.. I think we will always press highly but keen to see how well we can keep possession and build attacks from the back..

Can someone explain to me what the message from Yarraside meant before the game? Also annoying that banners weren't allowed to be put up due to farken advertising. The league has a long way to go in terms of things like that..

Edited by kontra.11

Hate to be the fun police but not impressed with the vandalism of the stadium seating. Not sure how old the people who did it are, but football in this country has had an image problem that the media love to jump on, and all this does is provide more for them to put the game down. Its a testament to the hard work, and money risked by many people against some pretty big odds that in Australia we can get 42,000 go and watch a club match in whichever way you want to look at it is a world class stadium. Our game doesn't need this.

• Like 2

Hate to be the fun police but not impressed with the vandalism of the stadium seating. Not sure how old the people who did it are, but football in this country has had an image problem that the media love to jump on, and all this does is provide more for them to put the game down. Its a testament to the hard work, and money risked by many people against some pretty big odds that in Australia we can get 42,000 go and watch a club match in whichever way you want to look at it is a world class stadium. Our game doesn't need this.

Agreed. Saw a bunch of young kids sneak into the bay in the second half and start doing it.

Spoke with some club officials after the match. From what I was told security apprehended a few people of them over it after the match and apparently they were Victory members who had snuck into the bay to try and steal some flags.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 4

Great win last night. The players looked sharp throughout the entire match and capped it off with two great goals. Positive signs for the rest of the season.

The smashed up seats is disappointing to see. I wouldn't put it past angry Victory supporters to do something like that though.

• Like 1

Perhaps they were defecting?

Nah, they were MV fans. The same wannabe hooligans who have come into our bay in previous seasons to cause trouble.

From what I understand a large portion of the damage was done by them, club will be looking into it over the next few days I suspect.

Edited by FB.

I lol'd hard when some kids popped a fare when we scored the opening goal. Was the worst flare I've seen but I felt sorry-ish when all those cops apprehended them and got fucked over. "See you in 5 years and good luck paying up that $5,000 fine" (resource of these punishments from heart page)

i know the people that this happened to there is no fine and no ban the cops made the wrong assumptions
  • Like 1

Great start to the season last night. Looks like its gunna be a great season if this keeps up, should have won by more (5-2 namely).

Just a quick message to the idiots who threw the seats around, I was the unfortunate prick to get hit by one of you dickheads throwing it. Very lucky I didn't get seriously hurt I reckon, now I'm all for a good time and don't wanna be a killjoy, but this shit is BULLSHIT!!! I really enjoy the active area, only place to watch, but these idiots need to be taught a lesson.

Lucky I didn't see who it was, thanks to the fans around me and the security boys for checking me over.

• Like 3

The smashed up seats is disappointing to see. I wouldn't put it past angry Victory supporters to do something like that though.

Well they did do that. Had a chat to S Munn at post game drinks at Bev & Micks, they smashed up 16 chairs at our first ever win at home.

64 chairs passed away last night.