Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

I think there's an important issue being overlooked with the flares and damage discussion. When our fans light a flare (I don't know if it counts at away games) I'm pretty sure OUR club gets fined too !! I'm not 100% sure on the actual fine, but I've heard from a number of sources it's around the $5k mark. People can argue that it creates atmosphere or it doesn't as much as they like (I actually like them), but the fact is the club PAYS !!

If the 5k fine is right and someone lets off a flare each home game that's $75,000 (do we have 15 home games ?? I can't remember) the club pays out. For some people that might not compute as much because they are still living off their mumma's breast milk, but that's a lot. That could be the difference between getting a better player, shit load of advertising, and it also cancels out a lot of memberships.

You are either FOR the club or the ENEMY. If you want to light flares do it on your own time where the club doesn't suffer. No one here should be putting their own needs over the club. If you need a pyro fix do something useful and sneak in to victory games and let them cop the fines !!

Think about the club!!

it should be a no brainer :wacko:

• Like 1

Watched most of the replay twice over the weekend. Don't think we particularly dominated them but we certainly matched them on technichal ability. It is clear Aloisi had a gameplan and it worked. Would like to see this plan utilised for away games as I think it suits us (High pressure, comitting to tackles).

As stated previously, Gerhardt will be a liability but I think we have found the perfect match for Colosimo in the back. A nice silk & steel partnership similar to when Good was starting alongside Shime. IMO, Gerhardt would get caught out even more if he played as DM. It's good that we have Vrankovic as Gerhardt is destined to miss a few games this season through suspension.

Tadic did nothing but Il'l give him a few months before I pass judgment on his ability at this level. Williams was brilliant all night, this coming from one of his biggest haters. D-Mac played with heart all night. Behich & Mate are fucking terrace gods. Fred just bossed like usual.

Thompson didn't have the best of games but we all know you take the good with the bad when it comes to Thompson. Would like to see Germano try and push him out of the XI when he returns. Come to think of it we may have one of the best midfields in the league. Garcia was close to BOG for me, brilliant pickup.

• Like 1

The 15-16 year olds who were evicted, were evicted for the flare and CCTV showed later that it wasn't even them.

Dude you're missing the point totally regardless if it was them or not. How about I come over your house and break some chairs that will cost not you, but your parents. It costs our club. Same principle!

age is just a number.

and flares only in Eastern Europe?

And where did I state that it's only in Eastern Europe? Seems as though some of you are missing the point altogether. Let me repeat; I LOVE FLARES. But if it costs my club and potential supporters esp with kids then I'd rather not see them at games.

Thats 2 different songs:

Hoffman Wonderland(To the tune of

):

Theres only one Jason Hoffman

One Jason Hoffman

He used to be shite,

But now he's alright,

Walkin in a Hoffman Wonderland.

And the other one is:

One Team in Melbourne(to the tune of

)

Theres only one team in Melbourne

One team in MELLLLBOURNE

One team in MELLLLBOURNE

Thats 2 different songs:

Hoffman Wonderland(To the tune of Winter Wonderland):

Theres only one Jason Hoffman

One Jason Hoffman

He used to be shite,

But now he's alright,

Walkin in a Hoffman Wonderland.

And the other one is:

One Team in Melbourne(to the tune of Guantanamera)

One team in MELLLLBOURNE

One team in MELLLLBOURNE

Literally had my Palm over my Face when the Hoff chant started...

I dont think it will cost our club anything tbh. We dont own the stadium and it wasnt our home game.

But yes, its unnecessary, but how does it honestly affect you? It only gets attention because you're drawing attention to it. The behaviour wasnt reported in the news, so its a non-issue. In the future just "tsk-tsk" to yourself and enjoy the game.

The team is looking really good this year, and thats more important FFS!

• Like 3

I dont think it will cost our club anything tbh. We dont own the stadium and it wasnt our home game.

But yes, its unnecessary, but how does it honestly affect you? It only gets attention because you're drawing attention to it. The behaviour wasnt reported in the news, so its a non-issue. In the future just "tsk-tsk" to yourself and enjoy the game.

Just dont look, Just dont look...

simpsons_just_dont_look.jpg

• Like 1

100% disagreed.

Burning newspapers? Benzema23 please grow up and be a bit rational. I would suggest you come and stand with us next home game and take in the atmosphere.

Strongly Disagree.

you're telling me you haven't seen orange smoke or a bright light from the yside and havent been fired up?

pre-game i spent 5 hours on my own, scrambled my way to the pub, got kicked in the head, and as i was walking back to the pub in time for the march i saw orange smoke and still cracked a smile. i genuinely don't believe pyrotechnic does ANYTHING pejorative to anything atmospheric.

+ about the chairs, don't be so sour, man.

Wow.

35rwgy.jpg

truly some of the worst posts ive ever seen on the internet. flog on guys.

I think there's an important issue being overlooked with the flares and damage discussion. When our fans light a flare (I don't know if it counts at away games) I'm pretty sure OUR club gets fined too !! I'm not 100% sure on the actual fine, but I've heard from a number of sources it's around the $5k mark. People can argue that it creates atmosphere or it doesn't as much as they like (I actually like them), but the fact is the club PAYS !!

If the 5k fine is right and someone lets off a flare each home game that's $75,000 (do we have 15 home games ?? I can't remember) the club pays out. For some people that might not compute as much because they are still living off their mumma's breast milk, but that's a lot. That could be the difference between getting a better player, shit load of advertising, and it also cancels out a lot of memberships.

You are either FOR the club or the ENEMY. If you want to light flares do it on your own time where the club doesn't suffer. No one here should be putting their own needs over the club. If you need a pyro fix do something useful and sneak in to victory games and let them cop the fines !!

Think about the club!!

it should be a no brainer :wacko:

On the home page of this forum, this is what is written:

Welcome

Welcome to the new Melbourne Heart supporters website. From here you can access all important information about Yarraside activities as well as Red White Unite initiatives.

By uniting under one website, we hope to provide you with the most up to date and relevant news, gossip, chants, and general Melbourne Heart FC banter. Get amongst it!

The first number of quotes I've listed show zero evidence of "uniting" or even being a "supporter group" when someone presents an opinion contrary to those believed in.

Breaking chairs is stupid, and anyone who gets caught should be subject to prosecution of vandalism.

Lighting flares is also stupid on the following basis. There is now strict enforcement procedures in place for those caught with, lighting, holding etc. flares. So you have a scenario where the Melbourne Heart Supporters, including members of the active support section say, "Yeah, flares are ok. They excite people who see them. And they really show our club we support them. But the rules are stupid if you get caught. And we don't agree with those rules. But flares should still be a part of our support." Which all then translates to a reading which says, use flares but dont get caught. The follow on from that is that impressionable teenages get hold of flares, rip them, then (presumably) drop them or throw them in the active supporter bays so they don't get caught. The consequences are that "incorrect disposal" of a light flare could result in burns. The flare smoke could well have adverse effects on anyone who suffers from asthma. And then, you have a scenario where the impression presented by our active supporters is one which advocated that which is illegal and discouraged by the club, the league and the police.

Ando, you promote yourself as the capo, and you do a great job with coordination and all your efforts. But you also have the responsibility of presenting the right attitude of Yarraside. When WSW were entangled in the Sydney FC preseason rock and bin incident, the RBB spokesperson distanced the group from any actions, not condoning such behaviour. Rationally, in that situation, I am not so sure that your response would be the same in light of the posts that you have made on this forum, with particular regard to the fact that you can't remember starting a chant about killing or stabbing Lawrence Thomas because you were too drunk. Furthermore, you asked Benzema to "come and soak the atmosphere". Strange advice considering that there is a whole thread about if you are in the active areas, actively participate or get out.

If you are on this forum, and are under 18, and honestly think that breaking chairs and lighting flares is correct and appropriate behaviour for you to engage in, I encourage you to have a chat with your parents to see what they think. In particular, show them what you have written on this forum and see what they think. And if they agree with you, perhaps you should undertake chair breaking and flare lighting in front of police and security at all matches, because after all, when you go to Court or the police station or a barred for 5 years, deep down you know that youre right.

• Like 1

Doesn't affect me in the slightest nor do I give a toss as it doesn't come out of my pocket. But some sense of sympathy if the club was to fork it out. If they don't, pop and smash away.

Biacorosso7- you present some fair points but I do feel you're taking a broad brush approach to your argument. Happy to take on board criticism re some chants of course.

1) - Chairs; see back a few pages, I gather a lot of the damage was done by MV lads coming in to our bay. I would assume they were dealt with appropriately by ACG.

2)- Flares; the opinions expressed by users on this forum are their own opinions.

At the end of the day, I really wonder why we're discussing minor issues like this after our club had a cracking win AWAY against our rivals. The gameplan was sound, our squad is solid and by the looks of it JA has his head screwed on the right way.

• Like 4

It was a cracking game for the start of a season. i have just managed to get my young lad to take his heart jersey off after 3 days of wearing it day and night....

aBout time we started the season with confidence, aggression and a win. Love Aloisi.

From the opposite side of the ground to the active group where i sat, i cant see anything to complain about - all behaved well :)

Plenty of heart folk up high as well in the 3rd tier - all passionate as well - big difference on previous years.

Plenty to be postive about - lets keep it going.

Looks like forum traffic has doubled since last year as well (bit of agro , bit of constructive stuff , all good)

• Like 1

It was a cracking game for the start of a season. i have just managed to get my young lad to take his heart jersey off after 3 days of wearing it day and night....

aBout time we started the season with confidence, aggression and a win. Love Aloisi.

From the opposite side of the ground to the active group where i sat, i cant see anything to complain about - all behaved well :)

Plenty of heart folk up high as well in the 3rd tier - all passionate as well - big difference on previous years.

Plenty to be postive about - lets keep it going.

Looks like forum traffic has doubled since last year as well (bit of agro , bit of constructive stuff , all good)

I'm taking my 3 yr old nephew to the next game if the weather holds out. I have drilled it in his head to love MH. Might as well get them in while they are young to continue the tradition :)

Ando, the reason chairs and flairs are still being discussed is because, for whatever reason, that seems to be the focus of some members of the forum who bring these topics up. Regularly.

Not sure who you're referring to here, particular posters on this forum like to bring up these topics every week rather than concentrate on the match.

I'm more interested in the team's pressing tactics in the first half and Ange's inability or unwillingness to counter. Thoughts?

I'm not going to repeat myself. Perhaps read again what I have been saying and you might just get it...... one day.

Yep, you're right. Even if they didn't rip the flare they deserved to be evicted and harassed by police because breaking chairs is "silly" and it occurred in the same bay they were in.

Ando, the reason chairs and flairs are still being discussed is because, for whatever reason, that seems to be the focus of some members of the forum who bring these topics up. Regularly.

Yep and you're one of them. Most of the posts in here regarding broken chairs and flares have been from the people condemning it, or posts in response to the condemning. If the "fun police" stopped focusing on it and talked about the match instead I'm sure there would be barely any (if any) posts in here on the topic.

Also, for the record, I'm fairly sure the lawrence thomas had no reference to stabbing, the last line was the same as the first two ("we're coming for you")

I expect you and Sidwell to break at least five chairs each before the end of the first half.

We're coming for you,

We're coming for you,

Lawrence Thomas,

We're going to stab you.

I have no recollection of this. To be fair, I was a bit shitfaced.

People whinging about the chairs can fuck off to the light beer and prawn sandwich section tbh.

Those cunts who drove past before the game were lucky we didn't have a few chairs ready to throw at that stage.

Go watch tennis or horse racing, you boring sod.

I heard there might have been two flares after the first goal. One was ripped near me in bay 21 (the closest one to the South End), apparently there was one a few bays across towards the wing? Someone told me this but I think they were getting confused.

That said, 6-10 cops + 4-5 ACG came into the bay where I was so you couldn't have missed them.

This sounds much better, tbh.

Oh my, I really hope you are taking the piss.

Yes flares are not common, but there is still several every season in the EPL (and more in lower leagues and more again outside of stadiums etc.) even though consequences are far greater (e.g jail time)

64 would be a small number of broken chairs at most grounds tbh.

Plus the number of posts by Marteaux and LR9.

Plus the number of posts by Marteaux and LR9.

wow, really? I could go back and quote the numerous posts from several users complaining but I will save everyone's time and not bother.

Some of those posts you have quoted though are clear piss-takes (we're not allowed to have a joke anymore?) and nearly all of them are responses to the "fun police."

Yep, you're right the only reason this is still being discussed is because certain people keep bringing it up...

Edited by Footballism

This should be the focus of this thread tbh.

What a great achievement by our team to stick ANOTHER ONE up our arch rivals in their own excuse for a football ground and what a tremendous feeling of relief coupled with ecstasy when that whistle finally went.

Just enjoy the moment FFS and appreciate it for what it was.

• Like 1

Today, I told my dad we broke 64 chairs and Victory have to pay for them and he high fived me and said that because of their performance they deserved it and that they are also a pack of cunts. So your argument is invalid.

I told my mum and she said as long as I didn't hurt myself whilst doing it, Victory can dealwithit.jpg it because they are in fact a pack of cunts. So, once again your argument is invalid.

Also: I love flares and all that - but anyone who is willing to run the risk for such little reward deserves their ban, as you'd have to be sufficiently retarded to rip flares at an A-League stadium, especially AAMI Park.

Anyway, by all accounts we were louder than NT in small patches of the game, especially 20-45mins. Geez, we've come a long way from being mostly out sung in the first couple of derbies to being able to compete and contribute maybe 30-40% of the atmosphere at derbies now. I put this down our progressive improvement and NT progressive decline.

Guys, I've posted on this forum about the seats (for quite a good reason I reckon), but frankly its done, we BEAT THE SCUM GOOD AND PROPER. Lets enjoy this, they deserved to get beaten after the incredibly poor tactics they put out, and we looked quite impressive, MacAllister will be handy for us. It seems as though the JVS era, with his deliberate purpose, has been extinguished and Johnny has the boys playing, as my gf described it, "like its a kickabout in the park". The freedom is great, and we will only get better as they adjust to JA.

BTW Hayden Foxx, please get in touch with Kappa and get some non Village People shorts!!!!

Thanks lads