*The wild Tunna whinges, it's uneffective"

*Ando uses left hook, it's super effective*

*The wild Tunna uses shin kick, it's not very effective*

*Ando uses knee to chest, it's a critical hit*

*The wild Tunna flees*

:wub:

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 5

So there are some good initiatives being thrown around by the Victory in this game.

They're going to do Bundesliga calling out of the players name, for example:

Announcer: Number 10 Archie...

Crowd: THOMPSON!

And they'll have no music before the game, just the crowd chanting.

Whilst these are good ideas, I'd like to see us respond to this and I still feel the best way to do this is a 'YNWA-style' song before the game. Obviously not YNWA, that would be incredibly bereft of innovation, but every fan in the ground singing the same song.

Personally, I think this is a good idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs&feature=related

*Criticism imminent lol

lol, is that for real?

That idea has been doing the rounds on our forums going back yonks. Think it was mentioned on the old mhfcsa forums. Good to see Victory keeping to their ways of trying to be everything like us. Wouldn't surprise me if that peter dweeb was the one that came up with it after a late night trawl around here. Their shame has no bounds.

Melbourne Heart: 1.Clint Bolton (Gk), 2.Michael Marrone, 4.Simon Colosimo, 5.Fred ©, 6.Patrick Gerhardt, 8.Matthew Thompson, 9.Dylan Macallister, 10.Josip Tadic, 11.Richard Garcia, 15.David Williams, 16.Aziz Behich, 17.Jason Hoffman, 18.David Vrankovic, 19.Benjamin Garuccio, 20.Andrew Redmayne (Gk), 21.Steven Gray, 22.Nick Kalmar, 23.Mate Dugandzic.* Three To Be Omitted

Ins: 6.Patrick Gerhardt, 9.Dylan Macallister, 10.Josip Tadic, 11.Richard Garcia, 14.Golgol Mebrahtu, 18.David Vrankovic, 19.Ben Garuccio, 20.Andrew Redmayne, 21.Steven Gray

Out: Brendan Hamill, Rutger Worm, Kristian Sarkies, Maycon, Wayne Srhoj, Alex Terra, Kamal Ibrahim, Curtis Good, Eli Babalj, Adrian Zahra, Kliment Taseki, Nikola Roganovic

Unavailable: 13.Jonatan Germano (Fitness – 1 week) 14.Golgol Mehbratu (Groin - 2 weeks)

If I was Aloisi:

-----------------------------------Josip Tadic-----------------------------------

David Williams-----------------------------------------------Mate Dugandzic

-------------Fred ©------Richard Garcia------Matt Thompson-------------

Aziz Behich-----Simon Colosimo---David Vrankovic-----Michael Marrone

--------------------------------Clint Bolton-----------------------------------

Subs:

Andrew Redmayne (GK)

Patrick Gerhardt

Dylan Macallister

Benjamin Garuccio

Omitted:

Jason Hoffman

Steven Gray

Nick Kalmar

Not convinced on Gerhardt yet tbh. Can see him giving away stupid fouls and getting booked and wouldn't risk that tonight. Would rather see Vrankovic thrown into the deep end in front of 40K @ Etihad.

Seriously I know soccer gets a hard time in the press, but all this comparing of the Beer Dinosaurs at a AFL game having a swing with those who choose to run around after a Derby with Hoodies over their heads is just plain stupid.

If u need further proof of this – The Mongs have thousand page thread on such a dumb conversation comparing apples to oranges...

I'm not sure about Garcia in that position. I very much doubt his defensive capabilities.

Was pretty good against Perth when we lost 5-0, one of the few guys who had a decent showing.

Would like Steven Gray to start, I think he is a good player TBH, and far from convinced by any of the others in that position.

He will play Garcia at DM and Gerhardt at the back: I just hope it works.

FWIW I reckon Gerhardt should be better than PPL think.

I'm not sure about Garcia in that position. I very much doubt his defensive capabilities.

Was pretty good against Perth when we lost 5-0, one of the few guys who had a decent showing.

Would like Steven Gray to start, I think he is a good player TBH, and far from convinced by any of the others in that position.

TBH I dont know if this is the way to play Garcia – I just reckon this will be how JA will play him tonight.

I agree cadete, especially given we will end up playing Williams on left wing. The fact he had a good showing in DM could just be because he is a quality player for A-League level rather than him being particularly suited to the position.

I agree cadete, especially given we will end up playing Williams on left wing. The fact he had a good showing in DM could just be because he is a quality player for A-League level rather than him being particularly suited to the position.

He is a winger primarily, but can play in midfield. I didn't seem him play in the last game so I will take your word that he played well in DM. It just was a bit odd I thought that a winger was playing as DM.

Just to clear up, GA include areas both on level 1 and 3? Since the game is at Etihad I'm assuming a bunch of mates and I can just rock up and purchase tickets at the ground?

Also is there a merchandise stand at the ground that sells scarves, and if so, how much do they go for?

Cheers.

Just to clear up, GA include areas both on level 1 and 3? Since the game is at Etihad I'm assuming a bunch of mates and I can just rock up and purchase tickets at the ground?

Also is there a merchandise stand at the ground that sells scarves, and if so, how much do they go for?

Cheers.

Buy a yside scarf for $40 ffs dont be a cheap maco