Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

I have bought tickets in Bay 20. I'm assuming like the last 2 times we'll be able to sit anywhere in the Heart bays. As much as I'd like to be involved in the middle of Yarraside, I am short and probably wouldn't see anything!

Plus, last time I looked the tickets in bay 18 were $44 compared to $28 in bay 20. Hopefully we can just sit anywhere! Although if we can't move bays, guess ill just have to stand right up the front!

hey boys, been a member of the yarraside forum pre much since it began but last account fucked up or something so had to make a new one, anyway im on the ticketmaster website trying to get tickets for me and a couple of mates and i cant seem to purchase any tickets from bay 20. I would be surprised if every single seat from that bay has been sold and was wondering if thats just my internet fucking up or something.

If it is the case and they are none left in bay 20, should i wait to see if bay 19 goes on sale or get tickets in bay 18?? just seems a bit far from the action is all

anyway thanks anyone who can help.

First post on the forum - wish it could be on a happier topic.

Anyone have info on what the intention is for Bay 19 and why it's unavailable? Mate and I have been trying to buy in and Bay 20 seems to have sold out, Bay19 has always been unavailable and Bay 18 appears to be for the prawn sandwich and coffe in a thermos types. Can't understand why they'd leave Bay 19 out and a hole in joining up our active support across the bays. We ought to have had the whole lot.

We have 18 and 20. Now that ticketmaster allows you to pick your specific seat it would be good to try and 'take over' a bay

How is this idea looking now?

Edit: Something has to be up, because according to this, 90% of the stadio is not availible.

Just wait and see, I guess.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/2500491B889C12A6?SREF=SLfbk-015_2500491B889C12A6&ref=nf

Edited by LR9

How is this idea looking now?

Edit: Something has to be up, because according to this, 90% of the stadio is not availible.

Just wait and see, I guess.

http://www.ticketmas...889C12A6&ref=nf

I reckon the rest of the stadium will be released next week, including the bays adjacent to ours. Either way, it's a bit silly but we should expect that from Etihad.

According to the seat map we have bays 20 and 19 as our "premium c" (i.e active) bays. The seat map for other matches has 2 and a half away bays. I'm not sure why we get half less. Bays 18 and 17 are our "premium b" away bays.

Also, the other three corners on level one are GA as is all of level 3, that is why they aren't showing up on the interactive map, the rest of the stadium appears to be mv member areas so I'm not sure why bay 19 is not available.

If you want to be in the active are I would suggest you wait a little while to see if 19 becomes available. If it doesn't just buy GA, come to the pub pre-game and you shouldn't have a problem getting into the away bay with everyone else and/or let someone who has an away bay ticket know so we can sort you out if you can't get in.

For those that have families or like to be around the AS but don't necessarily like to join in etc. and if you an afford the extra money there is premium B bays from bay 18-8. 18 and 17 have been specified as heart bays but as they are a price bracket up from 19-20 I'm not sure if there is a barrier or anything which will stop you from moving between bays 18 and 19.

If you usually sit in GA at the MRS and don't really care about AS I would suggest purchase a GA ticket and sit in a GA section. You do not have to sit in the Heart areas if you are a heart fan and if this was a home derby you would be sitting among the scum anyway.

Bay's 19 and 20 should sort themselves out on the day anyway. The front of 20 will likely be packed and intense so if that is not your thing I would suggest moving to the back or across to bay 19. I was hoping we could spread out more this year and cover more bays (it was 3-4 to a seat where I was standing last year) but this is probably unlikely as we only have two bays for AS.

Edited by Footballism
  • Like 3

The worst part of this is I can only wonder how many other Heart supporters have given up and just gotten a GA ticket.

The Etihad derby attracts a lot of neutral watchers and its good to have as much red n white support together as possible in the Bays rather than scattered about. Not releasing all of the active away support bays together and early is either piss-poor planning or a deliberate smack in the face to Heart.

nothing fucks me off more than a bunch of families sitting right in the middle of the 'terrace' and being buzzkilling flogs and generally just detrimental to the active support. if you're going to bring ur pregnant wife and your little kid, go sit on tier 3 with other families and likeminded prawn sanger supporters - don't bring them into the fucking active support bay and then complain that you cant see, or that u dont like cunts swearing. If i get told to sit down by some mug on oct 5, i'll put one right across his fucken cannister.

Only in australia you will ever get this sort of shit.

we're obivously gonna get fucked by MVFC for seating once again, as their still bitter from how we tried to fuck them over in the first derby by putting em in the corner. if they weren't such dry lunches, we'd get the whole end for etih@d derbies. this is probs somthing the lads involved with the club should pursue?

anyway, where will the pre game boozer be?

lets avvvv it

• Like 2

nothing fucks me off more than a bunch of families sitting right in the middle of the 'terrace' and being buzzkilling flogs and generally just detrimental to the active support. if you're going to bring ur pregnant wife and your little kid, go sit on tier 3 with other families and likeminded prawn sanger supporters - don't bring them into the fucking active support bay and then complain that you cant see, or that u dont like cunts swearing. If i get told to sit down by some mug on oct 5, i'll put one right across his fucken cannister.

You're right. It is only in Australia where we have the Keon Park try hard wogs. Sure overseas you get some swearing but it is not in order to make a point to swear.

My family got back from Montreal a couple of weeks ago and stood with the Ultras there. The atmosphere instead of being try hard tough was about making noise and colour and supporting the Impact (who haven't been getting results and so I havn't been posting vid's recently- Sing when we're winning and all that).

Nobody complained about people standing up, everybody was standing. Children were hoisted up to see, scarfs, flags etc were waved around and the atmosphere was electric for the whole 90 minutes.

In contrast I have heard a number of people near Yarraside complain about the terrace. Yob culture won't build support. Passionate support will.

Perhaps instead of trying to scare people away it would be more beneficial to build a terrace based on supporting Melbourne Heart and less on playing gangsta. Just a thought.

• Like 1

SNIP...

In contrast I have heard a number of people near Yarraside complain about the terrace. Yob culture won't build support. Passionate support will.

Perhaps instead of trying to scare people away it would be more beneficial to build a terrace based on supporting Melbourne Heart and less on playing gangsta. Just a thought.

Interesting comments. I don't believe Y-Side are building a yob culture, and they certainly aren't all "Keon Park try hard wogs".

I guess I have a fairly unique view of things though. You and I should have a beer sometime, Peter.

Muscunt at the friendly yesterday against Perth, scoping out our team. Got a hold of his notes:

Iam56.jpg

p2pPp.jpg

I notice the useless prick can't spell. Should come as no surprise really.

Looks like he's questioning the commitment and determination of some of our boys. He's the only dog that was there, anyway.

we're obivously gonna get fucked by MVFC for seating once again, as their still bitter from how we tried to fuck them over in the first derby by putting em in the corner. if they weren't such dry lunches, we'd get the whole end for etih@d derbies. this is probs somthing the lads involved with the club should pursue?

anyway, where will the pre game boozer be?

lets avvvv it

i laughed.

hopefully i didnt miss out on active support tickets.

but then theres always... :ph34r: