Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

From the back:

Bolton, didnt have a shit load to do. Kicking wasnt great but didn't effect us too much.

Marrone, made some good runs, got caught out on the counter a couple times but overall did well.

Colossimo, solid as a rock. Made some got crunching tackles.

Gerhardt, solid but had his spastic moments.

Aziz, much like marrone. Makes sense I guess.

Fred, did well as always, passes, flicks, chips. Unfortunately he'll probably miss a month with the hammy (wish he was 21 years old).

Garcia, looks a very handy signing. Did his job and clicked well with the players around him.

Thompson, made some good late runs through the middle, passing was ok, didn't really notice him much to be honest.

D-mac was fkn brilliant, held the ball up, passes, flicks were great. Best on the park by a mile.

Matè, had a ripper too, the guys a jet. His final pass is his best asset. Creates so much.

Williams, if could've finished would've bagged a hattrick. Runs were great, passed well. His back motherfickers!!!!

Subs: meh.

Aloisi, thought he got the mix of d-Mac and the 2 speedy wingers spot on. Probably pressed abit too much at times and got us caught out. Flores was given too much space at times which is suicide. I thought he adjusted well in the second half and tighten things up. Deserved to get a bigger win. Well done Johnny!

------------------------------

Victory, shit cunts.

Ange, fat fuck.

• Like 3

My first derby and a very memorable one at that! Came with a few first timers so I'm disappointed I couldn't be down with the yarraside boys but we sat right on top of the boys on level 3, they definitely made a lot of noise. Unlucky not to have won by more but I look forward to another 3 points next week.

Here is my match report:

"

Heart also appeared to target Brazilian midfielder Guilherme Finkler, who wasn't allowed to breathe.

While Victory's new formation caused Heart defensive headaches, their issues were at the back where the gaffes were all too frequent.

This is hardly surprising considering the radical transformation in gameplan, and Postecoglou knows it will take time.

Heart's new boys had a big say in last night's win, but it was a guy who’s been around for a year who proved as good as a new signing.

Williams was virtually anonymous in 2011-12 but last night he looked like a kid possessed.

Once Williams opened the scoring - just his second goal in Heart colours - his confidence grew. In the end he could’ve had a hat-trick.

Heart had the game's opening two chances via Garcia and Macallister inside the first 10 minutes.

But they didn't have to wait much longer to open their account - Williams ghosted in on the back post and capitalised after a clever Macallister dummie from a Garcia cross.

Victory began to wrestle control of the match and its equaliser was as clinical as it was classy.

Marcos Flores released Archie Thompson down the left, who sent a zipping, low left-footed cross in for Rojas at the back stick.

It looked like Victory would go into the break with the lead but Flores' strike from a clever Finkler through ball struck the bar.

And two minutes into first half stoppage time it was Heart who found the net.

And keeper Clint Bolton turned creator, his delightful long ball finding Michael Marrone whose flick released Mate Dugandzic.

The winger outpaced Mark Milligan before drilling the ball into Macallister who was left with the simplest of tasks.

HEART (Williams 14, Macallister 45+2) defeated VICTORY 1 (Rojas 24)

Crowd: 42,032 at Etihad Stadium

Victory (4-2-2-2): Thomas; Foschini, Leijer, Milligan, Traore; Bru, Broxham (Allsopp 64); Flores (Jeggo 72), Finkler; Rojas (Markelis 67), Thompson.

Heart (4-3-3): Bolton; Marrone, Gerhardt, Colosimo, Behich; Thompson, Garcia, Fred (Tadic 82); Dugandzic (Vrankovic 90+5), Williams, Macallister.

Referee: Jarred Gillett

Man of the match: Dylan Macallister (Heart)"

Fuck, I kept telling my mates I would take one home and then completely forgot about it in the heat of the moment after the game. Also forgot to take a pic of the scoreboard. Spewing.

I broke one and some bloke in front of me chucked it at a seco on the ground after the final whistle

• Like 1