Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I thought Mike Valkanis was supposed to be primarily a defensive coach?

Whether this is true is anyone's guess 

Just now, haz said:

Sounds stupid, but how hard is it to say "Coach, what am i meant to do?"

Sounds simple but quite often it doesnt work out to be. If it's true then my first primary example would be Chapman. He looked so unsure of whether he should go forward or not in his last game. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Sounds simple but quite often it doesnt work out to be. If it's true then my first primary example would be Chapman. He looked so unsure of whether he should go forward or not in his last game. 

Chapman is the perfect example. A highly-rated young player who is at risk of going backwards (no pun intended) under van 't Schip.

In a broader sense, especially with Sorensen apparently relegated to the bench, I'm just getting a little concerned about what is going on.

• Like 1

I noticedthis with Retre a few times. When he was forced to track back a few times last year, he'd be the last man, with a winger shooting down the side and a center forward through the middle. He didn't know whose run to track and where he'd be positioned, looking back lost a few times. Felt sorry for him

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Seems like the best place to put this. I'm not gonna say who but word from someone close to the playing and coaching group reckons our defenders don't know what they're supposed to to do when they are in possession of the bal and that they're a bit confused as to their exact role. Jakobson is able to play his role better due to the caliber of player he is but the others aren't faring as well. 

Have the defenders met JVS yet?

Oh fcuking hell out coached for a second fcuking time this time by a fcuking muppet who simply followed the Kenny Lowe game plan and parked the fcuking bus and fcuking countered to snatch a fcuking goal and our fcuking twat of gaffer couldn't see this fcuking strategy coming. FOOKORF!. JfcukingA now gloating about how they set themselves up after watching videos of our games. Fcuk the hell out of here JVS.

2 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

I just haven't spoken here for two weeks. That's a long time considering...

True. But just to keep the faith (or lack of) every now and again i like to come here and either open a random page or open page 1 and read as many posts as i can. It makes you realise just how awful he truly is

this deja vu is simply laughable these days.

The guy cant coach - it is not even a question anymore. Ive said it before and said it again - it is so obvious you just have to question those keeping him there. 2 ownership groups and he fukin cockroach wont die.

Teflon John has pictures. There can be no other explanation.

2 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

is there anything we can actually do as fans? letters, phone calls, petitions, banners..

I doubt it. I very much doubt that a letter, 'phone call or e-mail would get any response, and based on the experience with Aloisi any banner at the ground would be quickly confiscated.

The only option fans have is not to go to matches. Which, in overall terms, is reflected in our poor attendances, but the faithful will always attend whatever the circumstances.

20 minutes ago, n i k o said:

"A work in progress"

It's round fucking 5. How the fuck is it still a work in progress. That means the players can't fucking execute your bullshit tactics on a consistent basis. 

Plus 6 months off season. I'll be dead before we see the finished product. ( fwiw I'm quite young and in excellent health).

• Like 1

I really need to stay off facebook.

"Yeah but brisbane parked the bus which makes it difficult to play". Yeah no shit. You would hope that the 4th most experienced coach in the leauges history would be able to see that coming and have a plan to counteract one of the oldest and most obvious coaching tactics in the history of football.

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I really need to stay off facebook.

"Yeah but brisbane parked the bus which makes it difficult to play". Yeah no shit. You would hope that the 4th most experienced coach in the leauges history would be able to see that coming and have a plan to counteract one of the oldest and most obvious coaching tactics in the history of football.

They didn't park the bus??

They played better than us and we were out coached

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Dont. Its not worth it.

There are also a lot of "the players didnt show up tonight. Cant blame the coach" comments

That is debatable, what is not is that we were outcoached by bambi tonight.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, n i k o said:

"A work in progress"

It's round fucking 5. How the fuck is it still a work in progress. That means the players can't fucking execute your bullshit tactics on a consistent basis. 

I nearly kicked a hole in my tv when he said that. 

But, on the plus side he looked very nervous. And not his usual nervous. Like he is about to get torn to shreds by someone much higher up the food chain than him type of nervous.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiro Kompiro said:

Its been claimed that all CFG teams must play the same way.  Every game.

IF that is true, does JVS have any option but to play the same way every game?

Not defending the guy AT ALL but just trying to understand his comment about a work in progress

He has been saying this since season 1. Its his go to excuse

3 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Its been claimed that all CFG teams must play the same way.  Every game.

IF that is true, does JVS have any option but to play the same way every game?

Not defending the guy AT ALL but just trying to understand his comment about a work in progress

You have a point, I wonder how much leeway a coach has?

I also have to question if JVS can implement it as well?