Jimmy

Melburnians Badge Vote  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your preference

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4

IMO they all need more white, embrace the white and we may get to keep it.

Embracing more white ;)

xo0bwj.jpg

206kjt2.jpg Prefer Latin too but need it smaller and in a cursive font.

Make the heart at the top just the shape of the old logo and not have the m in it. It looks out of place imo. Probably because it was such a 'modern' looking logo put at the top of a logo that looks more 'traditional'

Also delete red stripe closest to the centre and put a stylized flag in the centre, just like the club logo without the crown or mc fc. Just the cross and gold animals

Then I'll change my vote :P

With solid gold stylised heart, but without the cross and animals in the centre.

amfaye.jpg

This is pretty much what you described.

29b1ro3.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, definitely the last one I will be posting...tonight! haha. Nah seriously - last one. I just fixed up the animals and ship.

rubb0i.jpg

What do you all think? Most likely won't go with this, but if the original Option 3 wins, can we at least use the solid gold Melbourne Heart stylised heart instead of the love heart?

• Like 3

Why are people still voting for 1 and 2?

I thought you asked people to delete their votes for those and go for 3 or 4?

If people want to waste their votes then that's up to them.

Edited by Jimmy

If option 4 wins, it will be an embarrassment to put it as our logo.

I'm not keen on the logos or name. has to much of a franchise feel rather than a terrace group for my likeing, but I don't think anyone will really care once we are in to the season. We could have the best badge and name ever, but if we have shit chants and are quiet we'll just look pretentious. Other than rbb I couldn't even tell you if other terrace groups have badges or what they look like. The badge will probably be long forgotten soon enough not matter what is chosen ;)
  • Like 2

If option 4 wins, it will be an embarrassment to put it as our logo.

I'm not keen on the logos or name. has to much of a franchise feel rather than a terrace group for my likeing, but I don't think anyone will really care once we are in to the season. We could have the best badge and name ever, but if we have shit chants and are quiet we'll just look pretentious. Other than rbb I couldn't even tell you if other terrace groups have badges or what they look like. The badge will probably be long forgotten soon enough not matter what is chosen ;)

Interesting point there Dukes. I looked for badges yesterday, and couldn't readily find too many. Yellow Fever (Phoenix) has one, as do Marinators (CCM) and The Shed (Perth). Couldn't readily find anything for Squadron Novocastria (Newcastle) or The Cove (Sydney), at which point I gave up.

As we all know, the more generic the name the harder it is to find if there is a website.

What I did find that may be of interest to our own supporters is that there is a link to the Newcastle Active Support on the official Newcastle Jets FFA-endorsed/managed website. http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/activesupport

I voted for 4, but I like number 1 the best without the clutter, something like this:

28khaux.jpg

Yeah, for me removing the clutter from this one makes it the standout by far.

I'd go so far as removing the ball and the shadow thing below the Melburnians bar, see below my shitty mspaint skills.

3jJTVgt.png

• Like 1

No. 4 is def the most relevant and well designed imo... agree with some other posts about the need to incorporate a blue central stripe though, otherwise very impressed.

proof of concept (bit of a shit editing job tho due to jpg compression)

ifDYbxK.png I like it. Only change I'd made is making the middle stripe red and have the stripe on the right sky blue. In fact, having the sky and navy blue combo (like in 3) would be perfect.

Essentially taking the middle of the circle in badge 3 and put it in badge 4 Looks too busy imo

BlLHW9O.png

Would change from 3 to 4 if this was the logo!

I see your point Loriente. Now that I can actually see it, I think it looks okay but wouldn't mind all that much if we keep the blue stripe central. I don't really have a preference between the above two 

The home kit was no doubt rushed in from the design point of view. It was meant to be just blue, we all know what happened there.

Include blue stripe but please drop the navy colour.

Home kit will no doubt evolve and when club drops navy off totally we will look a little silly

Get navy OFF

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 2

The home kit was no doubt rushed in from the design point of view. It was meant to be just blue, we all know what happened there.

Home kit will no doubt evolve and when club drops navy off totally we will look a little silly

Get navy OFF

I wouldn't be surprised if the Home Kit was meant to be our Away Kit FWIW.

• Like 1

Get navy OFF

I wouldn't be surprised if the Home Kit was meant to be our Away Kit FWIW. Totally.

As soon as blue sky blue is allowed we will see current home kit replace the red and white

Get navy OFF

I wouldn't be surprised if the Home Kit was meant to be our Away Kit FWIW. Totally.

As soon as blue sky blue is allowed we will see current home kit replace the red and white

I'm ok with the navy, but what shouldn't have been negotiable was a red stripe, as well. Either sky blue and red, or sky blue, navy and red.

As for it replacing the red and white stripes, I guess we'll see. I'm not sure why the reason that the FFA gave when i refused the idea initially will change in the foreseeable future. And presumably the red and white will always sell better than any other away kit they can come up with? And Manchester City's most famous away kit is red and black stripes...maybe I'm naive, but I'm just not sure why they'd feel it's a good idea to change it so drastically. Maybe mix up the bowling every few years with the sash (they'd probably have to reverse the colours though) or the quartered shirt as an away, but as far as I'm concerned, a red and white away shirt will always sell better than any alternative for this club.