Melbourne Football

Christmas derby 21st December 7:45ko

RedAndWhiteSoldier

A loss against Wellington (their 1st win) should be enough to have Alloisi out, Even IF we beat the visitors

They've given him 200-odd days to win a match and I can't remember how many to win away from home, any sort of win will likely grant him an extended reprieve. 

In one and a half years the evidence is clear the board and executives made unforgivable mistake. Instead of manning up owning the mistake, these cowards relent and the detriment of our football club. They go into hiding and hope it all goes away. Say nothing. Do nothing.

If our club was all about success, we would have made the necessary changes ages ago. It's what clubs do when their sole focus is success.

Unfortunately our club has a stench and culture of mediocrity and embracing that in all forms.

It's past even being funny anymore. It's beyond sad. It's now in a territory I can't remember any side I have followed ever being in and that's irrelevance.

• Like 1

I don't care what happens to Aloisi, as long as he's gone before the start of next season as this one's pretty much a write-off anyway. 

I'll be cheering for our lads to beat Victory because it's fucking Victory, I'm not supporting mediocrity by any means but I'd just love to win a game this season, that'd be just grand.

In one and a half years the evidence is clear the board and executives made unforgivable mistake. Instead of manning up owning the mistake, these cowards relent and the detriment of our football club. They go into hiding and hope it all goes away. Say nothing. Do nothing.

If our club was all about success, we would have made the necessary changes ages ago. It's what clubs do when their sole focus is success.

Unfortunately our club has a stench and culture of mediocrity and embracing that in all forms.

It's past even being funny anymore. It's beyond sad. It's now in a territory I can't remember any side I have followed ever being in and that's irrelevance.

Mate, you support Richmond FFS...
  • Like 1

If our first win is against victory it will be that much more awesome to see all the tards faces as we leave the stadium knowing we have a shit coach, we haven't won this season but we won tonight.

And as I leave ill be thinking "have a merry fuckin Christmas melbourne victory!!!!"

Exactly!

I support Melbourne and I can confirm, I felt better about them last season than I do the Heart right now.

• Like 3

I support Melbourne and I can confirm, I felt better about them last season than I do the Heart right now.

I never felt Richmond was irrelevant. Which was my point.

:clap:

just watching the highlights of Victory V Perth. The tards looks quick around the box and are passing nicely. I'm worried about our defence at the best of times. We really ned to put pressure on them early otherwise if the settle it will be dangerous. Hopefully Kewell starts and Willo finally finds some form

MV keep their fullbacks higher up the defensive line as a route to play out in attacking transition. Many other teams have overloaded their 2 CBs (both thugs) but of course it'll be Mifsud v Contreras and Leijer for us so it'll still be hard for us to score. Meanwhile their ball speed and movement will easily penetrate our defence. 

:clap:

:clap: :clap:

Harry Kewell's extraordinary penalty miss sums up Melbourne Heart's woes this season

David Davutovic   Herald Sun   December 16, 2013

HARRY Kewell's extraordinary penalty miss has been one of the weekend's main talking points and in many ways it encapsulated Melbourne Heart's season thus far.

While it may have cost John Aloisi at least a point against Sydney FC the 37 minutes Kewell was on the park should give Heart fans plenty of hope for Saturday's derby and beyond.

In fact I'm tipping Heart to beat Melbourne Victory at the traditional pre-Christmas stoush at AAMI Park, though I don't necessarily ``believe'' Heart will go on and make the top six.

But a derby win could set them up for a mid-season run and would provide plenty of momentum heading into a busy stretch with four games in 20 days.

I'm tipping Heart because they always get themselves up for the derby _ for a club that's made one finals appearance in three seasons it's their grand final and then there's the Kewell factor.

Kewell got his angles horribly wrong in his penalty approach, appearing to plant his right foot too close to the ball meaning he struck across rather than through the ball with his left.

Perhaps it was a byproduct of some rustiness, having played just nine competitive games since April 2012.

But once he dusts the cobwebs off he and his Heart teammates will lift and provide much stiffer opposition to the rest of the A-League than they have thus far.

Kewell's influence on Heart is as tactically significant as it is psychologically.

The number 10 - link man between midfield and attack - position requires a player of immense tactical and technical smarts, who can open up space for others or find space to receive the ball then have the ability and vision to play the defence-splitting passes.

Alessandro Del Piero is a prime example, get a GPS on him and the strength and conditioning department would have kittens, but he changes games with moments of brilliance as he did on Sunday at Allianz Stadium.

In Kewell's absence Aloisi has persisted with David Williams as the No. 10 but he's not that kind of player and would've been better served changing the formation to suit his 11 on the park.

With the two-pronged threat of Kewell and Nick Kalmar's defence-splitting balls from deeper in the second half, Heart's defence earned a much-needed respite and they posed a constant threat for Sydney's defence.

Mate Dugandzic was having a field on the right wing with the early and precise service allowing him to attack the space ahead of him.

But the biggest beneficiary was Mifsud and it was no coincidence that he broke his A-League drought after missing a host of chances since debuting in Round 3.

He and Kewell seem to have a telepathic understanding and more often than not his intelligent runs are rewarded with beautifully weighted passes where his frustration was evident in recent months when the poor service forced him deep and wide, in non-threatening positions to receive the ball.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/harry-kewells-extraordinary-penalty-miss-sums-up-melbourne-hearts-woes-this-season/story-fnk6rlg0-1226784436288

Edited by Murfy1

I know David. Saw him in Croatia earlier this year. And I can tell you he prefers the Heart over Victory any day so the article is a little bias. Nevertheless, any support is good support.

I've always thought he comes across pro-Heart in most of his articles, no wonder I like the bloke  :D

Beat victory and Aloisi gets a 5 year deal.

Or

Get smashed 5-0 by victory and surely Aloisi is gone.

I know which one id like to see.

Both are horrible options.

How about we grind a difficult (well deserved) nil all draw.

Either way it will feel like we killed Santa

Heart have looked good when we have broken away from JA's table football formation and the boys have been allowed to play. I hope he lets them go for a full 90 minutes. No parking the bus. I would rather go down 3-4 and have a crack than this rubbish that has been served up. Let's face it, the defensive mindset has us on the bottom and looking clueless.

A full 90 like the 20 minutes when we pulled Adelaide apart or the second half of the game against Sydney would at least give cause for some optimism.

Fuck losing to those blue cunts!!!

How could u even get your fingers to type some of the shit thats been written on here.

5-0 loss to those blue cock munchers. Are u for real or what??

How about on Saturday we get our game day gear on, get to the fuckin Gimp get a few too many drinks in and get talking about how WE'RE gonna bend those fuckers over a kitchen table n fuck they're shit up.

FIRE UP CUNTS!!!!!!!!

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 4