Melbourne Football

JVS - The coach from the land of chronic

Heart Fanatic

You fucking kidding me?

His tactics were superb, not his fault that he has to play with 10 mugs on the pitch + Bolton. The same dogs who couldn't even acknowledge our existence after the game.

He has worse resources than a Ugandan primary school, money stricken and living in poverty, useng second hand and second rate facilities.

To have us sittin in third at this stage of the season is a credit to his managerial skills.

Long live JVS.

• Like 5

You fucking kidding me?

His tactics were superb, not his fault that he has to play with 10 mugs on the pitch + Bolton. The same dogs who couldn't even acknowledge our existence after the game.

He has worse resources than a Ugandan primary school, money stricken and living in poverty, useng second hand and second rate facilities.

To have us sittin in third at this stage of the season is a credit to his managerial skills.

Long live JVS.

did think the lack of any players coming over was extremely poor, as shattered as they may have been.

and agree with JVS. been quality and the way he set up tonight was nearly a master stroke.

You fucking kidding me?

Long live JVS.

You fucking kidding me? Aren't you the founder and president of the Sack JVS movement?

And pretty sure that this is a roll bread anyway.

The fuck? I respect JVS after tonight's game, he changed some things up and tried different things, can't argue with that mate, tbh I think it worked quite well, we played a good game tonight, just the result didn't go our way, our forwards/defence played extremely well imo, just couldn't get the ball past Matt Ryan, this must of been his best game of the season so far, oh well onto Brisbane on Saturday night.

Sack J.V.S & appoint the golden child John Alosi or, kiss our season good-bye! What's the point of winning all those games away earlier in the season when we've lost 3 in-a-row at home. There's been no improvement on the 2010/11 season so far.

With a comment like that, you are either a Victory supporter taking the piss or one retarded person.

Sack J.V.S & appoint the golden child John Alosi or, kiss our season good-bye! What's the point of winning all those games away earlier in the season when we've lost 3 in-a-row at home. There's been no improvement on the 2010/11 season so far.

Whats the difference between a joke and three dicks, you can't take a joke!

Run away now he who has no idea or is a bread roll!

• Like 1

Once again I'm going to remain on the fence.

Sure JVS is a great coach, tactically aware, penny wise and has played and coached in one of the best football set ups in the world, Ajax. He is probably the hardest manager in the league to play against, as most of his starting XI's are unpredictable, he switches up formations and tactics very quickly and his substitutions are effective.

Given the resources he has been given, Melbourne Heart sitting in 3rd spot nearly 3/4 way through the season is a bloody good achievement, as the goal was JUST to make finals.

However, JvS is the highest paid coach in the league by a.country mile. His annual salary is rumoured to be around 700-800k p/a. Do we think that this could be better spent on poaching a proven Aussie coach, or a cheaper foreign coach and using the surplus to bolster our team even further.

I know the club is working very close with him to extend his contract for one year. The initial terms (wages, bonuses, expectations et cetera) have been agreed but the only thing holding JvS back from signing on the dotted line is that his daughter Estelle found it difficult to settle in Australia, and has moved back to Holland and wants her dad to follow suit.

play wise it was definitely a huge improvement last night.

the hunger that fred usually brings was back. germano starting was great - pleased with the way we handled his injury in the last few weeks and we took him off early though rather than risking damage again.

terra's natural brazilian talent was at the forefront last night and deserved to be 'our' MoM.

hamill and good also deserve special mention as they were fantastic for probably the whole 90 minutes. inexperience may have cost us in the end but as i think someone else said there's 8 other field players who could've stopped it getting that far to start with.

There used to be someone in the A-Reserve near the bench who let JVS know every ten minutes that it was "time to go". They also called out asking why Thompson wasn't playing as a defender. Yeah.

In JVS we trust.

Sounds like the same bloke who wants us to kick it long all the time

You fucking kidding me?

Long live JVS.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

No way should he be sacked! He has done an outstanding job and you can see that becuase we are currently 3rd. Before we got injuries we beat Brisbane and CCM, its all you can ask for. If we dont get anymore injuries and have a close to a full squad to chose from for the finals, we will win it this year and everyone will be saying what a great coach. I don't know how people can be calling for his head already.

No way should he be sacked! He has done an outstanding job and you can see that becuase we are currently 3rd. Before we got injuries we beat Brisbane and CCM, its all you can ask for. If we dont get anymore injuries and have a close to a full squad to chose from for the finals, we will win it this year and everyone will be saying what a great coach. I don't know how people can be calling for his head already.

When and where?

Not that im happy about it but i doubt we will have JVS as a coach next season. Not that the board ect wont jump at reappointing him but what he has done with Heart in 2 seasons will have some European clubs jumping at him, probably in Holland.

Im talking making a top 4 club from scratch

Signing 5 of Australia's best young players, and developing them

Game day tactics

possession based football

Not that im happy about it but i doubt we will have JVS as a coach next season. Not that the board ect wont jump at reappointing him but what he has done with Heart in 2 seasons will have some European clubs jumping at him, probably in Holland.

Game day tactics

Didn't it get reported that we began talks regarding a new contract with him a couple of weeks ago? Talks that both parties wanted?

Edited by The Aardvark

Game day tactics

I know for a fact that the club are incredibly keen to resign JVS and he is very open to the idea but he has stated that 'football will NOT be the paramount factor' in his decision to stay or leave MHFC. Insomuch as, that regardless of even hypothetically attaining ultimate success with the team this season he will not make his decision based on football. It will be the willingness of his family to stay and lifestyle prospects for his children in Melbourne that will sway him either way.