Melbourne Football

dylan macallister

Luke

I think he would be signed to do a job. ie nothing happening for 80 mins chuck the big guy on and kick it at his head the last 10 mins. LR9 should love that shit he is basically the a-league version of Crouch or Carroll but somewhat shiter

I kind of agree with giving a young guy ago instead, ala Sydney last half of the season and they found a couple of winners. Or fingers crossed Babalj! Guess JD hasn't countered the chickens before they hatched, could be a master stroke! The old fake transfer to put everyone off prior to the season!

This is not a joke, Macallister to be announced tomorrow, 2-year-deal.

JD likened it to Spain having Fernando Llorente to compliment the more mobile/small strikers.

I'm trying to be patient, but FFS! Of all the GCU players that we could have taken...

Edited by LR9

Not seeing the logic behind signing a 30y.o back-up striker when there are guys like Zac Walker already under the clubs nose. But if he does sign he does offer us something different up front and a physical presence for defenders to deal with.

There's your logic. He offers us something different.

• Like 1

FFS ppl are really get way too ahead with themselves on what stage they think Zac Walker is @ with his development.

He is a long way of being able to play as a CF in our formation, in fact if he did get a game this season it would almost def be as an Attacking Winger therefore we need to sign someone like Macallister as a backup number 9.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

If D-Mac plays off the bench, and scores 7+ goals in that role, I think its a great signing.

I imagine he might be interchangeable in the starting line up dependant on who we play, i.e. to try and expose defences with his height, then bringing on Tadic in the second half for speed against a tiring defence.

Christian8 - Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

My sources tell me that Curtis Good has signed on with Newcastle and will be present at pre-season training next week.

Spiranovic will be his replacement, he has barely been playing for Urawa and has just 6 months remaining on his contract, club and player are close to a mutual termination.

The big signing will be a high profile recently internationally retired CF.

Dylan Macallister and Simon Storey will round out the 20 man squad.

• Like 1

TBH I think JA knows what he is doing, and the last thing he wants to do is rush Zac Walker into senior footy before he has developed properly and is ready to make the step up in grade.

We dont want another Kamal on our hands.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

If D-Mac plays off the bench, and scores 7+ goals in that role, I think its a great signing.

I imagine he might be interchangeable in the starting line up dependant on who we play, i.e. to try and expose defences with his height, then bringing on Tadic in the second half for speed against a tiring defence.

7 goals off the bench? bit ambitious don't you think?

There are 27 matches in a season, and he needs to score 7 goals. That's 1 goal every 3.8 matches (or there abouts). He is a striker right?

well if you look at it that way... Hoffman and Maycon played 28 games between them and scored a massive total of 2 goals. why didn't they score a goal every 3.8 matches? they are strikers right?

not saying it's impossible but don't expect a player to be scoring that many goals, when the majority of the time he'll be coming off the bench

Hoff did nothing last season and either did Williams. Macdog = depth.

From the games I watched, both at the stadium and on tv, I don't recall Hoffman ever being played as a striker. Williams played striker once against CCM on the Wed night. Hard to judge on those appearances, but aren't they "depth" even if they "did nothing last season"?

Well then perhaps you should explain it?

1. Hoffman is crap - And will always be crap, this is as a CF as well as anywhere else.

2. Williams is lazy - And will always will be too lazy to be a CF in our formation.

3. The NYL team - Is a NYL team, strong performances in the NYL against largely kids by no means someone will automatically put in strong performances against grown men.

4. Therefore we need a guy like Macallister as backup for Tadic.
Edited by cadete

1. Hoffman is crap - And will always be crap, this is as a CF as well as anywhere else.

2. Williams is lazy - And will always will be too lazy to be a CF in our formation.

3. The NYL team - Is a NYL team, strong performances in the NYL against largely kids by no means someone will automatically put in strong performances against grown men.

They are all fair points, and I don't think anyone disagrees with your last point.

I also think that JA will probably try to reinvent Williams and Hoffman, otherwise, they should be released.

They are all fair points, and I don't think anyone disagrees with your last point.

I also think that JA will probably try to reinvent Williams and Hoffman, otherwise, they should be released.

They cant thanks to JVS:

We have Williams for 2 more seasons and Hoff for this season, thanks to the contracts he offered them.

The Hoff contract extension being the stupidest thing the club ever did.

Depth:

• The distance from the top or surface of something to its bottom.
  • Distance from the nearest to the farthest point of something or from the front to the back.

Also, supposedly Williams is having a good preseason, hopefully he gets back to his pre-MHFC form.

• Like 1

1- put some boots on yourself you negative flog!!

2- william is a good option in like the 70th min onwards...lazy is maycon...not williams...at least he tries...

3- Goodwin

4- macallister is a recycled spud...and a waste of a spot on the list....

i disagree....

• Like 1

Can see Williams having a good season TBH, but I'm generally optimistic.

Not really bothered by signing Macallister, provides an option for something different from other backup options like Williams and Walker.

Hopefully he wont be needed because Tadic is banging them in.

Not really bothered by signing Macallister, provides an option for something different from other backup options like Williams and Walker.

Couldnt agree more. In my opinion with a larger variety of options in attack, goal scoring oppurtunities will be increased, which hopefully will mean more goals. Plus hes and experienced player who can hopefully impart some knowledge onto the next batch of young players coming through.

Good signing IMO

1- put some boots on yourself you negative flog!!

How is my own pathetic footballing ability relevant?

I am not the one who signed a contract to be a Professional Footballer for Melbourne Heart did I?

Anyone who uses the Armchair Critic line when discussing Professional Sport is the flog mate.

2- william is a good option in like the 70th min onwards...lazy is maycon...not williams...at least he tries...

To show how truly crap Williams is, Maycon actually scored more goals for MH than Williams did in general play last season: One.

Therefore how is a player who has scored no goals in general play for MH a good option from 70 mins and onwards???

Also the one thing Maycon did do was chase and harass the opposition:

So u are kind of even wrong about him being a better example of lazy as well.

3- Goodwin

So because one rare example of a player being called up in trying circumstances being able to perform well for one game (Against poor opposition). Alongside being alright for a few other limited spells we should therefore look upon a squad of teenagers as readymade A League players?

FFS why dont we just get Tommy Dunn to guard the sticks @ Shitihad in Round One.

4- macallister is a recycled spud...and a waste of a spot on the list....

Yet compared to your good 70th minute wonder option of Williams he scored 2 goals in open play compared to none.

(They each scored a penalty).

Therefore his at least 200% more likely to score than Williams as a 70th minute sub.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2