Melbourne Football

dylan macallister

Luke

horrible signing, always been shit ffs.

McAllister and No Goal Mebrahtu over Nate Foster and Zac Walker?

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

you realise as soon as we signed tadic, we were never getting foster as the 5th spot was taken, bl natey boy, gl next year.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

Negative? If anything I'm the most positive, look at Grella thread etc.

Not my fault everyone gets mad when I post, can't help it, everyone except a select few is jealous of me off this forum.

This post has potential.

Oh nah mate, you definitely would be if you knew who I was, and fwiw you aren't in that select few according to me, so bl faggot.

You're the type who ends up necking themselves when they realize life isn't as simple as they think. Seen it happen a couple of times in my life.

Honestly have not watched that much of Macallister but I'm happy enough with the signing. As JA said he offers something different up front and for the first time this off season I'm happy with the depth of the forwards. Although if Tadic is a spud then we are kind of fucked.

Will score 2 or 3 goals max.

If he scores 3 goals that get us 6 points I think he would have done his job.

Also, What is with most people whining about making no signings/having less players than every other team then when we make depth signings they all whinge that the player signed is not good enough. ffs, our fans are fickle, what do they expect? Every player we sign to be a current socceroo?

• Like 4

Decent signing. Not great, not bad, but decent.

Also what Aloisi said makes me judge Macallister to be a decent signing:

“Dylan is certainly a player who is going to add depth and support to our squad. He’s a different type of player to the attacking options we currently have up front in that he is a strong physical presence, who is also capable of taking up dangerous positions in the penalty box.

“He has a lot of experience to bring to the Club. We played together at the Mariners and I’m looking forward to working with him. I know he is a great character and will certainly allow the younger guys to walk taller.”

Aloisi quote from: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-bolsters-attack-with-Macallister-signing/48222

The first line of Aloisi's says it all, Macallister is there to "add depth". If Tadic and maybe Williams couldn't play, then Macallister should be a serviceable striker for a couple of games. I don't expect the young Tadic to miss too many games either, so we shouldn't be too dependent on Macallister.

It isn't that important whether a team has great depth or decent depth either. What's the point of having a great striker that's on the bench for nearly the whole season?

Macallister is a decent enough striker. Also, frankly, he is an Australian who will play for minimum wage (or very little money), and we need a player or two to fill up the squad.

Decent signing. Not great, not bad, but decent.

Also what Aloisi said makes me judge Macallister to be a decent signing:

Aloisi quote from: http://www.footballa...r-signing/48222

The first line of Aloisi's says it all, Macallister is there to "add depth". If Tadic and maybe Williams couldn't play, then Macallister should be a serviceable striker for a couple of games. I don't expect the young Tadic to miss too many games either, so we shouldn't be too dependent on Macallister.

It isn't that important whether a team has great depth or decent depth either. What's the point of having a great striker that's on the bench for nearly the whole season?

Macallister is a decent enough striker. Also, frankly, he is an Australian who will play for minimum wage (or very little money), and we need a player or two to fill up the squad.

The only problem is we might not even have a good first team let alone the bench. our season basically hinges on Tadic having a brilliant season

Edited by Luke

Negative? If anything I'm the most positive, look at Grella thread etc.

Not my fault everyone gets mad when I post, can't help it, everyone except a select few is jealous of me off this forum.

Know you would have been including me as one of those few, bl I'm well jelly!

• 2 months later...