Melbourne Football

Patrick Gerhardt

DutchPride

Can anyone who's at home + has FM11/12 upload a screen grab, thanks.

I searched for him in game and couldn't find him. You can't even play in the Bosnian league on FM lol.

I did a bit of research on the Bosnian league just now and it is the 32nd ranked top league in the euro coefficients below some mighty footballing countries like Georgia, Finland and Belarus. It also has an average attendance of about 1,500 people. Less than the Azerbaijan Premier League and the fifth division in England (conference).

Coming to the A-league would surely be a step up for Gerhardt.

FWIW, I searched for Gerhardt in the Editor and it seems he is in the game twice. One version has a CA of 71 which is worse than every first team player we have and is similar to an average NYL player. The other though has CA 101, which would be our equal 5th highest (equal with Germano and Bolton).

• Like 1

I did a bit of research on the Bosnian league just now and it is the 32nd ranked top league in the euro coefficients below some mighty footballing countries like Georgia, Finland and Belarus. It also has an average attendance of about 1,500 people. Less than the Azerbaijan Premier League and the fifth division in England (conference).

Luka Modric played on loan in the Bosnian league earlier in his career, said something along the lines of "once you have played in the Bosnian league, you can play in any league in the world", that comment was about the physicality of the league. Our league is quite physical too, so at least we know he wont have a problem with that, and if he is getting double the yellows than his teammates in the Bosnian league, he might even make Shroj look soft.

However, considering the league he was at before that was the CSL, which is below VPL standard IMO, on paper the standard he has played at doesnt look great.

FWIW, I searched for Gerhardt in the Editor and it seems he is in the game twice. One version has a CA of 71 which is worse than every first team player we have and is similar to an average NYL player. The other though has CA 101, which would be our equal 5th highest (equal with Germano and Bolton).

Are you sure they are both the same guy? cbf checking. While I rate FM data as fairly accurate when its up to date, the data in FM12 is a year old which makes it worthless, as one season can change people's perception of a player's ability a lot.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

In one he is a terrible keeper, in the other a terrible left back. Make of that what you will..

IF the GK one is supposed to be him, most likely means he doesnt have any position set in the DB and randomly got GK in this save.

Edited by Tesla

However, considering the league he was at before that was the CSL, which is below VPL standard IMO, on paper the standard he has played at doesnt look great.

While I rate FM data as fairly accurate when its up to date, the data in FM12 is a year old which makes it worthless, as one season can change people's perception of a player's ability a lot.

Agree.

As Herman Cain posted they have the same name and play for his last two clubs so I am certain it is the same guy.

I also agree that the data is out of date but I doubt anyone on this forum has ever seen him play so, although it's not ideal, I would value his FM rating higher than anyone opinion on here tbh.

In the original db the good Gerhardt has CA 80 though and my version of the game is a fairly old too and it seems he has had quite a good season so his CA would probably be even higher in FM2013.

fwiw, the zeljeznicar one has no position set in the editor so I'm pretty sure he gets put in a random position. The Brantford version is listed as a LB but he might have played there for them.

The one at his Canadian Club (Mmmmm... Canadian Club) has his the correct height/weight, and I'm pretty sure he played CB/RB there.

Also you'd have to be stupid to give him a header rating of 7, Long Shot rating of 2, and Passing ratting of 6. If youd probably watched 1 game of his you'd he is much more talented then that.

But its pretty obvious SI haven't invested much time/money in the B&H league, and the stats are about as irrelevant as Fred's rating in FM11.

Edit, FWIW, I think he only picked up 7 cards last season, 8 if you count Europa league.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

The one at his Canadian Club (Mmmmm... Canadian Club) has his the correct height/weight, and I'm pretty sure he played CB/RB there.

Also you'd have to be stupid to give him a header rating of 7, Long Shot rating of 2, and Passing ratting of 6. If youd probably watched 1 game of his you'd he is much more talented then that.

But its pretty obvious SI haven't invested much time/money in the B&H league, and the stats are about as irrelevant as Fred's rating in FM11.

Edit, FWIW, I think he only picked up 7 cards last season, 8 if you count Europa league.

Pretty sure his attributes wouldn't have been individually chosen. SI scouts/developers would only give him a CA/PA (ie. overall) stat and his attributes would be randomly determined off that and his postion (height and weight would be random too if they weren't added in the db).

I doubt anyone on this forum has ever seen him play

Zlatan see him play. Number 1 worse player, is like the Kevin Muscat type style, very no skill so only make the leg breakings. In derby, he making strong danger tackle on superstar of world footballs and FK Sarajevo captain Sedin Torlak, we make some racisms on him, he get very much the anger and come making troubles with the Horda Zla. No problem, Zlatan throw some pyro on him, but do very few damages, we thinkings is some gypsy magics. After game we waiting on the player exit, ready with few baseball bat, but he never coming, more gypsy magics.

Please Didliuca, dont do this Patrick signing, no gypsy magics in Melbourne Heart, is very danger and make the problem for Melbourne Heart.

Edited by Zlatan Balkan
  • Like 3

Zlatan see him play. Number 1 worse player, is like the Kevin Muscat type style, very no skill so only make the leg breakings. In derby, he making strong danger tackle on superstar of world footballs and FK Sarajevo captain Sedin Torlak, we make some racisms on him, he get very much the anger and come making troubles with the Horda Zla. No problem, Zlatan throw some pyro on him, but do very few damages, we thinkings is some gypsy magics. After game we waiting on the player exit, ready with few baseball bat, but he never coming, more gypsy magics.

Please Didliuca, dont do this Patrick signing, no gypsy magics in Melbourne Heart, is very danger and make the problem for Melbourne Heart.

Mmm, some gypsy magic hey, sounds like MH could use some of that actually Lol.

• Like 1

2iu7vqt.png

CA 101

PA 125

Astute signing by JD, would be interesting how much he'd be on, surely he would be on similar wage on what Shroj was on. From the videos I've watched of him so far this morning he is defensively very, very sound and his distribution quality and range shits all over what we've currently got with Shroj. More surprisingly though, as you can see in his videos playing as a RB he is versatile, but it also incredibly comfortable taking players on, his versatility will be priceless during the season. I'm assuming he can also easily slot in the the centre of defence, brilliant singing.

Improvement.

Also.

A+ celebration tekkers.

A+ willingness to join in with the terrance. (2.03 right side)

thumb460_5275_1%20Patrick%20Gerhardt%20i%20Dunja%20Pasic%20(16)a.jpg

Awwwww yeee.

316547_171022322980368_1262752390_n.jpg

Shroj, no more.

• Like 2

Rofl, love you Zlatan.

All I'm going to say about the chap is that - we as Yarraside must lift ourselves higher, so we can offer Patrick the support he had in Sarajevo from the Maniacs.

From the videos I've watched of him so far this morning he is defensively very, very sound and his distribution quality and range shits all over what we've currently got with Shroj. More surprisingly though, as you can see in his videos playing as a RB he is versatile, but it also incredibly comfortable taking players on, his versatility will be priceless during the season. I'm assuming he can also easily slot in the the centre of defence, brilliant singing.

If he can be the player I think were hoping for, it should give Fred more freedom to play to his strengths as well. Fred was working really hard defensively at times last year to the point that he looked like he was trying to play two positions. If Gerhardt can take control of the defensive side of midfield, it might allow Fred to focus more on being the creative goal assist midfielder that he's built his reputation on.

LOL. Looks whose back, I thought you werent posting on this forum because you're "against modern forum"?

Best post i have ever read. Please Didliuca, sign Gerhardt. I want to see some Gypsy magic.

• Like 1