Melbourne Football

2012/2013 MH starting 11, subs and coaches based on confirmed appointments / contracted players only

Torn Asunder

• 3 weeks later...

So going into the new year, if I were JA, this is what I'd put on the pitch as a starting 11:

--------------------Bolton -------------------

Marrone - Vrankovic - Colosimo - Behich

--------------------Gerhart (vc)---------------

--------------Garcia © - Germano-----------

Golgol ----------- --------- --------- Williams

--------- --------- Tadic --------- ---------

Bench, Fred, Thompson, Mcallister

Garcia could be moved out wide for Golgol / Williams and Thompson or Fred can go into midfield to cover RG. Thompson also provides cover in defence, and PG/JG can be moved back a line if need be. Also Fred can be a real impact player of the bench. McAllister can be used if we need to switch to a 4 4 2.

So going into the new year, if I were JA, this is what I'd put on the pitch as a starting 11:

--------------------Bolton -------------------

Marrone - Vrankovic - Colosimo - Behich

--------------------Gerhart (vc)---------------

--------------Garcia © - Germano-----------

Golgol ----------- --------- --------- Williams

--------- --------- Tadic --------- ---------

Bench, Fred, Thompson, Mcallister

Garcia could be moved out wide for Golgol / Williams and Thompson or Fred can go into midfield to cover RG. Thompson also provides cover in defence, and PG/JG can be moved back a line if need be. Also Fred can be a real impact player of the bench. McAllister can be used if we need to switch to a 4 4 2.

IMO you've pretty much nailed it. Even with the armband.

• 2 weeks later...

In a perfect world:

Redders

Marrone - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Behich

Grella

Fred - Germano

Garcia - Tadic - Mebrahtu

B: Bolton, Thompson, Edwards, Williams

It's not really the back 4s fault they have been conceding it's the lack of control from the midfield. Colosimo has really improved but still making the odd mistake, but he compliments Gerhardt so well, so I'd keep them as is.

Thompson's form is rife and he shouldn't be starting, it is good to see Hoff has already made way but we need more grunt and control in the middle. Grella SHOULD be playing in the the AU game in 2 weeks time (won't hold my breath).

I don't understand why Macalister keeps making the match day squad, he is a waste on the bench and offers very little coming on. It's all JD's fault, thinks he's Fernando Lorente ffs! Starting front 3 is really dangerous, so no changes need to be made there.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

In a perfect world:

Redders

Marrone - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Behich

Grella

Fred - Germano

Garcia - Tadic - Mebrahtu

B: Bolton, Thompson, Edwards, Williams

It's not really the back 4s fault they have been conceding it's the lack of control from the midfield. Colosimo has really improved but still making the odd mistake, but he compliments Gerhardt so well, so I'd keep them as is.

Thompson's form is rife and he shouldn't be starting, it is good to see Hoff has already made way but we need more grunt and control in the middle. Grella SHOULD be playing in the the AU game in 2 weeks time (won't hold my breath).

I don't understand why Macalister keeps making the match day squad, he is a waste on the bench and offers very little coming on. It's all JD's fault, thinks he's Fernando Lorente ffs! Starting front 3 is really dangerous, so no changes need to be made there.

I like what you are saying, Thompson gave up alot of ball from what i saw today, takes too long in position.Hopefully Edwards can be a good option here, with Williams also coming off the bench will be better, getting Grella in would be great but we have been waiting for ages and he might only be a 60 minute player who knows.Thompson would be handy as the third sub as he CAN play mid and defence so is useful that way still as the subs bench is so small.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sold on Williams defensive accountability in a 4-4-2, would rather see a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with Paddy given license to push forward from the back into midfield and Garcia pushing higher up the pitch behind the strikers.

Redmayne

Vrankovic - Gerhardt - Colosimo

Walker-----------------------------------------------Behich

Germano - Garcia - Grella

Tadic - Babalj

• Like 1

Not sold on Williams defensive accountability in a 4-4-2, would rather see a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with Paddy given license to push forward from the back into midfield and Garcia pushing higher up the pitch behind the strikers.

Redmayne

Vrankovic - Gerhardt - Colosimo

Walker-----------------------------------------------Behich

Germano - Garcia - Grella

Tadic - Babalj

Like the look of this

Redders

Walker - Gerhardt - Colossimo - Behich

Germano - Grella

Tadic

Garcia - Babalj - Williams

Bench: Bolton - Vrankovich - Thompson/Fred - Gol Gol

Rotate Garcia and Tadic on fitness.

I know it's unconventional, but Tadic and Garcia are dominating assists and through balls. If you watch Tadic hes much better with the ball at his feet rather than aerially. I would just be interested to see if it would work.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if Fred is on the bench this weekend and Kalmar plays another blinder against the jets, who starts next game? If Colosimo is fit/on the bench this week and Vrank plays well again and keeps a clean sheet, who starts next game? Golgol looks fully fit again, we just signed a new import who you would think would start. Wtf is our best 11?

Really think golgol should be starting every week when fit.

Gol gol fully fit is definitely in our best 11

No.

Dugandzic, Williams, Garcia all above him in the winger stakes.

I think everyone is forgetting about dugandzic .. Defs a class above golgol IMO

Injuries have hurt us, we have been a midfielder short but at one stage we would have had, duga, fred, colosimo out and lost Behich and Mannone.

atm we would have players like Vrankovic, Garuccio, Gol Gol, Tadic on the bench....they can all play and impact

Would like to see the club settle on this line up for the rest of the year in the lead up to finals.

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt- Neill - Thompson

Germano - Meewuis

Garcia - Fred - Williams

Babalj

Bolton, Vrankovic, Kalmar, Gol Gol.

Pending if we actually sign Neill, Fred plays into some form, Thompson settles at LB, Garcia stays fit - I can see this team causing upsets around finals time.

• Like 1

Would like to see the club settle on this line up for the rest of the year in the lead up to finals.

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt- Neill - Thompson

Germano - Meewuis

Garcia - Fred - Williams

Babalj

Bolton, Vrankovic, Kalmar, Gol Gol.

Pending if we actually sign Neill, Fred plays into some form, Thompson settles at LB, Garcia stays fit - I can see this team causing upsets around finals time.

What about the ditch? Would rather him over eli TBH

If we sign sign Lucas then I personally would like to either of

Redmayne

Vrankovic------- Neill

Walker ----------------------------Germano

Meewuis----Gerhardt

Garcia-----------Fred-----------Edit : Garuccio/Gol Gol

Babalj

Bolton, Thompson, Kalmar, Tadic(Swap him with Eli if it takes your fancy - ditto with Kalmar and Fred). We sorely miss Mate's quality out wide at the moment.

Edited by Rellum

Redmayne

Vrankovic------- Neill

Meewuis----Gerhardt

Babalj

Bolton, Thompson, Kalmar, Tadic(Swap him with Eli if it takes your fancy - ditto with Kalmar and Fred). We sorely miss Mate's quality out wide at the moment.

No Williams?

I rate Garucc, too, but I still think Willo > Garucc.

Redmayne

Vrankovic------- Neill

Meewuis----Gerhardt

Babalj

No Williams?

I rate Garucc, too, but I still think Willo > Garucc.

To be honest I would take Mate over all of them, but to answer your question, I personally feel that William's inconsistant skills and terrible decision making hurts the team on game day. He relies too much on his athletisim for me. I think Garucc is better technically, equally as poor at decsion making but is younger and has the ability to learn.

make what you want of it but i've heard tadic rejected a contract extension and babalj wants to go back to europe, surely tadic would be stupid to leave

No one is going to listen to you with a sig like that.

you still took notice....

seeing what you post is inevitable.. listening to it is another story :droy: