Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Played FIFA against a mate last night, don't know if this was a glitch or something but it was fucked, sudden ability to score goals from 40 yards, tap shoot and the ball goes flying, wish I had a video of it because it was the strangest thing I've ever seen on FIFA. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Went to play Ultimate Team and everything went back to normal. Never playing this shit again.

Played FIFA against a mate last night, don't know if this was a glitch or something but it was fucked, sudden ability to score goals from 40 yards, tap shoot and the ball goes flying, wish I had a video of it because it was the strangest thing I've ever seen on FIFA. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Went to play Ultimate Team and everything went back to normal. Never playing this shit again.

I've noticed that long shots are ridiculously op. I reckon I score about a third of my shots from 40+ yards.

I've noticed that long shots are ridiculously op. I reckon I score about a third of my shots from 40+ yards.

Is this just online? I am getting schooled in career mode, finding it super tough to score. Headers are just fucked unless you're on your own. Getting bumped off the ball and not getting penalties, it's bullshit.

Is this just online? I am getting schooled in career mode, finding it super tough to score. Headers are just fucked unless you're on your own. Getting bumped off the ball and not getting penalties, it's bullshit.I'm actually finding career mode much easier. In previous FIFAs I used world class but in 15, I changed it to legendary and it still feels relatively easier.

I am not a fan of that bloke he says "Welcome to the Emirates on this rainy day in North London" pre game before the Martin and Alan start speaking. His voice annoys me, and does not add anything to the build up. I do enjoy when Matrin says things like "Zaha was left out of the start XI today, he's in poor form".

I am not a fan of that bloke he says "Welcome to the Emirates on this rainy day in North London" pre game before the Martin and Alan start speaking. His voice annoys me, and does not add anything to the build up. 

He sounds like the weird looking presenter from the Dragons Den

Serious question to those who bought it, has the online activity significantly decreased since its release or almost dead?

I haven't played for the last week or two (since I've got exams and just the sheer repetitiveness of the game), but I wouldn't say it's dead just yet. It's hard to tell with the way they've structured the servers. The in-game world felt pretty dead a lot of the time even after release, but again, that'd be down to the way they've set up the game. Once I hit level 30, I sort of can't be bothered anymore. For such a grind, there really isn't that much benefit in getting that last level, nor does it feel like you are being rewarded. The game really needs that expansion to come out, otherwise people will lose interest really quick. I think it's a great game overall, but it had so much more potential.

who plays CS:GO?

This game probably pisses me off just as much as FIFA. I've got over 130 hours on it and I don't think I've improved much at all. Some days will just be better than others. I'm shit at using a keyboard and mouse for shooters, so that doesn't help in a game where you seem to shoot them and they don't die. 

I've been playing Heroes of the Storm a fair bit recently. It's still in Alpha phase, but it's pretty decent. It's not your traditional MOBA type game where 1 person can carry and take on multiple heroes. It relies heavily on team work and capturing in-game objectives. It's hard to tell whether it will get repetitive and boring though, given its simplicity. Also looking forward to the new Hearthstone expansion coming out. Blizzard seem to be pumping a lot of games out lately. Their new announcement 'Overwatch' also looks like fun, but I never really got into games like TF2, so who knows whether I'll like it.

Also picked up the new COD...seems alright so far, but I haven't given the MP a try yet. These exams are stretching on too long.

This game probably pisses me off just as much as FIFA. I've got over 130 hours on it and I don't think I've improved much at all. Some days will just be better than others. I'm shit at using a keyboard and mouse for shooters, so that doesn't help in a game where you seem to shoot them and they don't die.

What are you playing? Matchmaking? Competitive?

My mate is borderline semi-pro (he gets flights paid for his team to go to other citys to compete in LANs, gets a bit of cash as well I think) and has been helping me a bit., I'm pretty decent for the fuck all hours I've played.

But it's crazy how much this game has blown up, because it's designed to be played competitively.It's basically the number 2 competitive game from what I can see, after LoL.

My mate is borderline semi-pro (he gets flights paid for his team to go to other citys to compete in LANs, gets a bit of cash as well I think) and has been helping me a bit., I'm pretty decent for the fuck all hours I've played.

But it's crazy how much this game has blown up, because it's designed to be played competitively.It's basically the number 2 competitive game from what I can see, after LoL.

I play the competitive mode with mates usually. I think my highest rank was nova 2, and I'm currently nova 1. My standard is probably closer to one of the silver ranks though lol, even though I tell my mates otherwise.

It's good you've got your friend giving you pointers and all, I think that helps a lot. It's small things like positioning, movement, aiming and all that which make a big difference in skill level. Yeh the scene is fairly big, no doubt helped by previous installments of cs. I still can't get my head around how ridiculously good some people are at this game, but I guess that's with any game really.

I play the competitive mode with mates usually. I think my highest rank was nova 2, and I'm currently nova 1. My standard is probably closer to one of the silver ranks though lol, even though I tell my mates otherwise.

It's good you've got your friend giving you pointers and all, I think that helps a lot. It's small things like positioning, movement, aiming and all that which make a big difference in skill level. Yeh the scene is fairly big, no doubt helped by previous installments of cs. I still can't get my head around how ridiculously good some people are at this game, but I guess that's with any game really.

Well my mate has been playing since 1.6, maybe even whatever version was before that. And he has been playing a lot, as in pretty much daily almost that whole time, as he's been a student and had the time to. A few times he quit and came back, but overall he has played a lot in that time, and played competitively for a long part of that as well, even though the older versions weren't as big in a competitive sense. So yeah it takes a lot to be really good. FWIW, the better players like him don't even play matchmaking most of the time, they play on private servers, so you're not even seeing the best in matchmaking.

Meanwhile, I have a 5 year veteran coin as I've played the older versions too, but I never played any of them much, so I'm not a complete noob but I still suck as I've never played a lot of CS. Ranked Silver Elite at the moment. Honestly never rated it that high compared to other FPS games, which is why I never played it much, but with CS:GO and how mainstream the competitive play has become, I've really come to appreciate the brilliance of it. Things like having to buy your weapons rather than spawning with them (as in COD and BF), adds so much to the game tactically.

PM me your steam id and we'll play together some time.

• Like 1

Well my mate has been playing since 1.6, maybe even whatever version was before that. And he has been playing a lot, as in pretty much daily almost that whole time, as he's been a student and had the time to. A few times he quit and came back, but overall he has played a lot in that time, and played competitively for a long part of that as well, even though the older versions weren't as big in a competitive sense. So yeah it takes a lot to be really good. FWIW, the better players like him don't even play matchmaking most of the time, they play on private servers, so you're not even seeing the best in matchmaking.

Meanwhile, I have a 5 year veteran coin as I've played the older versions too, but I never played any of them much, so I'm not a complete noob but I still suck as I've never played a lot of CS. Ranked Silver Elite at the moment. Honestly never rated it that high compared to other FPS games, which is why I never played it much, but with CS:GO and how mainstream the competitive play has become, I've really come to appreciate the brilliance of it. Things like having to buy your weapons rather than spawning with them (as in COD and BF), adds so much to the game tactically.

I never really played any of the other cs games, but the core component of the game looks to be the same. I'll have to watch twitch streams of some of these pros to get a bit of an idea on what I'm doing wrong.

Yeh I was the same, cs never really interested me either. Before I played it I'd wonder what was so appealing about it, given that it looked like a fairly simple game. I was wrong though. The amount of strategy and team coordination required is right up there in the FPS genre. Still it's not the kind of game I'd play on my own. I've always preferred shooters on console as well.

FIFA 15 soundtrack is fukin putrid, possibly the worst ever. Only decent song is that one rap song in Portuguese.

FIFA WC 2006 was probably my favourite soundtrack. I played that FIFA a lot though, so I wouldn't have a clue what half the songs are on the more recent games. It was so much better when it had the skip function too (press the analog stick).

Edited by MKD

I never really played any of the other cs games, but the core component of the game looks to be the same. I'll have to watch twitch streams of some of these pros to get a bit of an idea on what I'm doing wrong.

Yeh I was the same, cs never really interested me either. Before I played it I'd wonder what was so appealing about it, given that it looked like a fairly simple game. I was wrong though. The amount of strategy and team coordination required is right up there in the FPS genre. Still it's not the kind of game I'd play on my own. I've always preferred shooters on console as well.

Yeah it is pretty much the same, they've just optimised GO more for competitive play really, as well as adding skins to it which has helped a lot because it allows the developers to keep making money which they can then invest into furthering the game, as well as adding something to the game for players (collecting skins, picking up an expensive skin they can sell for real $, betting skins via 3rd party sites, etc.)

The only thing better than Fot i Hose is the amazingly freaky video clip to go with it  :up:

Other FIFA favourites over the years:

I could go on forever but yeah, FIFA soundtracks suck the dick these days due to the shitty fanbase its progressively developed recently.

Yeah it is pretty much the same, they've just optimised GO more for competitive play really, as well as adding skins to it which has helped a lot because it allows the developers to keep making money which they can then invest into furthering the game, as well as adding something to the game for players (collecting skins, picking up an expensive skin they can sell for real $, betting skins via 3rd party sites, etc.)

I got sucked in to that micro-transaction crap after scoring a $70 ak47 off my first case (the day I started playing the game). It sure distorted my expectation of the odds for future transactions. Some of those knives look quality and are worth upwards of $200.

The only thing better than Fot i Hose is the amazingly freaky video clip to go with it  :up:

Other FIFA favourites over the years:

Fuck those brought back memories!

I could go on forever but yeah, FIFA soundtracks suck the dick these days due to the shitty fanbase its progressively developed recently.

Yep, spot on. I mean "The Madden Brothers", pls.  :hmm:  :hkpalm:

FIFA 2005 hands down. If the scissor sisters - gunna take your mumma out doesn't get you pumped while you wait 90 seconds for your match to start, there's something wrong with you.

Future Funk Squad - Sorcerary was where it was at!

Or the timeless classic, "Fit and You Know It" for teh lulz

CSKA moscow best 4 star team in FIFA history. So so underrated its not funny.

Because of Doumbia?

Mainly. Yes. But Musa is just as quick and dzagoev is a great AM. Add tosic, the 2 solid Swede DMs and solid CBs + awesome keeper and you got yourself a Madrid/bayern killer.

People underestimate me and I end up smacking em with simple counter play. Most games end with 40 possession and less shots on goal but that doesn't worry me.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got home from work yesterday and sat down to play a few games of FIFA 11 on my PS3 (yes thats the last FIFA I bought) After a few minutes the console turns itself off and the red light starts blinking. I left it and did other shit.

Came home today, same thing. Reading a few forums and it would seem this is a common problem (even for people who have bought brand new ones) that has started occurring since the last system "update", which strangely enough happened roughly around the same time as the PS4 was released. Have yet to find a solution around this. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Edited by KSK_47

So I got home from work yesterday and sat down to play a few games of FIFA 11 on my PS3 (yes thats the last FIFA I bought) After a few minutes the console turns itself off and the red light starts blinking. I left it and did other shit.

Came home today, same thing. Reading a few forums and it would seem this is a common problem (even for people who have bought brand new ones) that has started occurring since the last system "update", which strangely enough happened roughly around the same time as the PS4 was released. Have yet to find a solution around this. Anyone have any suggestions? 

That sucks, I recently took my xb1 in and got a ps4. I hope this doesn't happen to me.

Do the posts you read point to a solution at all?

Have the others tried to hard reset the console? 

Have you tried loading it up with/without a disk in the drive? Try unplugging any external drives from the console on startup. 

If you haven't already, unplug the power cable from the console for a few mins and plug it back in. 

As long as you can get it to the dashboard, you can make a backup of your data onto a drive and go out buy another ps3. You'll then be able to restore your data from the external drive and keep your fifa going.

Keep in mind that if Sony don't fix this, and it is indeed caused by a software/firmware issue that was pushed out from them, then they will have to try and reimburse every user that it's effected. You might not get a new PS4 out of it but instead a 100 dollar Sony voucher or so.