Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

McKain would probably be worth a shout. Hasn't had the best time this season but still has bags of quality. If Colisimo is on his way to Victory then would be a fairly like for like replacement. Already the rumours coming up point to us being obsessed with signing forward players with little in the way of looking at the defensive stocks.

I think the clubs will win out on this one. The FFA will want a 3+1 Rule but the clubs will oppose that and I would think they would win out.

Just my opinion.

if the FFA want a 3+1 rule and the clubs want to keep it as it is now, i think they will likely meet in the middle and just have 4 visa players with no asian requirement

if the FFA want a 3+1 rule and the clubs want to keep it as it is now, i think they will likely meet in the middle and just have 4 visa players with no asian requirement

no way

isnt the whole point of this 3+1 rule to make sure no foreigners don't miss out on champs league? aka Issey

Don't see the point of changing an entire leagues structure just so one foreign player doesnt miss out on the ACL. Also the plus one asian player I don't like. We will never get a high quality asian player as they earn far more money in the other leagues. So all we will be doing is taking a punt on youngsters and giving them first team experience. Not sure why we would want to help produce players for our nearest competition.

Don't see the point of changing an entire leagues structure just so one foreign player doesnt miss out on the ACL. Also the plus one asian player I don't like. We will never get a high quality asian player as they earn far more money in the other leagues. So all we will be doing is taking a punt on youngsters and giving them first team experience. Not sure why we would want to help produce players for our nearest competition.

+1

and also only 3 teams play in the ACL each year, so not every single team will have ACL commitments. I believe that it's the responsibilities of the clubs who are in the ACL tournament to recruit an asian player if they wish, where as other clubs who aren't in the ACL shouldn't have to be restricted by this rule and should be given the option to recruit their already limited amount of visa players allowed from where ever they want.

Edited by heart_fan10

"Football Federation Australia plans to reduce the number of overseas players each club is allowed to four next season. Clubs have opposed the move and the issue is expected to be finalised at a meeting between the club chairmen and FFA on March 29."

We joined the ACF. The ACF has the 3+1 rule. Whether it's next season or some season in the future the FFA will mandate that we conform. We will have no choice, so we might as well get used to it now.

i think its to insure A-League clubs keep producing young Australian players. not too sure though...

It sure is. The honchos have seen how over half the imports are near next to useless and holding others back at VPL level etc that can play to the same if not better level.

If they want to develop young Aussies they should allow the clubs to have an unlimited number of under 21s on the roster (as long as you don't go over the cap) and also allow more then 4 people on the bench! Far more effective then cutting down on 1 import.

• Like 2

If they want to develop young Aussies they should allow the clubs to have an unlimited number of under 21s on the roster (as long as you don't go over the cap) and also allow more then 4 people on the bench! Far more effective then cutting down on 1 import.

Well said. I've never understood why it is necessary to have a cap both on salary and number of players. Provided you don't exceed the salary cap, why not allow a club to sign as many players as it wants? The base salary plus the salary cap puts a cap on the number anyway. Doing away with the cap on numbers avoids all this 'injury replacement' and 'guest player' stuff.

• Like 1

Spot on. Top post.

Look guys I'd prefer we get a young kid or promote from the youth team rather than pluck some half ok player from the J-League TBH

What the fuck do you base that utter filth that on?

Kazu was J2, 50 light years after his prime, and killed the league 6 years ago. Moriyasu didn't even make J-League, nor J2, he was a fucking ball boy and actually looks half decent here rofl.

Australian clubs will never sign established J-League players, they can't match the money, professionalism and they tend to believe they live in the best country in the world, for which they arguably have a point.

In regards to Koreans, Song Jin Hyung u/21 South Korean international used Newcastle as a stepping stone to Europe, killed it here and now plies his trade for Metz iirc.

The league existed before our inception you faggots.

Why would any decent j-league or k-league player want to come here ?

Exactly.

What we could offer to a player is like pocket change to anyone in the J-League, K-League or CSL. I don't know how many times it's been said but these leagues aren't options for scouting players. What we're doing, signing players from South American and lower European leagues is the only feasible option. If we require another AFC player we're going to have to look at Thai, Malaysian etc. players.

League needs more Lebanese players, try for Youssef Mohamad! Very sound CB, former captain of FC Koln.

Edit: And probably highly likely he has some family living in the northern suburbs...

Edited by LR9

Exactly.

What we could offer to a player is like pocket change to anyone in the J-League, K-League or CSL. I don't know how many times it's been said but these leagues aren't options for scouting players. What we're doing, signing players from South American and lower European leagues is the only feasible option. If we require another AFC player we're going to have to look at Thai, Malaysian etc. players.

Wrong.

We should be targetting Asian youth internationals, who more or less welcome the chance to play in the A-League as a stepping stone to Europe. The physicality of our league is one of our stronger points, specifically more so because of the very confederation we are in. To reiterate, Song Jin Hyung, again, case in point.

Thai, Malaysian players are rubbish and so are the Chinese judging from history.

Wrong.

We should be targetting Asian youth internationals, who more or less welcome the chance to play in the A-League as a stepping stone to Europe. The physicality of our league is one of our stronger points, specifically more so because of the very confederation we are in. To reiterate, Song Jin Hyung, again, case in point.

Thai, Malaysian players are rubbish and so are the Chinese judging from history.

Micha makes a good point.

Another good example is how Celtic's Korean Midfielder Ki parent's sent him to a boarding school in Brisbane, so he could get some experience with more physical football to help in his future career in Europe.

What the fuck do you base that utter filth that on?

Kazu was J2, 50 light years after his prime, and killed the league 6 years ago. Moriyasu didn't even make J-League, nor J2, he was a fucking ball boy and actually looks half decent here rofl.

Australian clubs will never sign established J-League players, they can't match the money, professionalism and they tend to believe they live in the best country in the world, for which they arguably have a point.

In regards to Koreans, Song Jin Hyung u/21 South Korean international used Newcastle as a stepping stone to Europe, killed it here and now plies his trade for Metz iirc.

The league existed before our inception you faggots.

Wow Micha! just chill dude ... Toogood did not say that players from Asia are no good, or that Australian players are the best ... he just said that he'd prefer a youth player to an average J-League player. You are right that an average J league player (provided he adapted to the higher levels of physicality) would star in our league and I am sure that if the club can find one they can afford, they would be a great signing. The fact that the J-league existed before the A-league is a statement of fact, but I am not sure what your point is. The A-league (even in name) aspires to the J-league, which is leap years ahead of our league in most facets.

Mattie is only on loan from Mongs.

Joel Chianese is off to the VicMongs.

And Colosimo wants to sign with the Mongs, but is hoping MH release him and pay out the final year of his contract ($285k). Jew cunt.

That's a lob of cap space freed up for Madaschi :)

Edited by LR9

you would prefer Mattei?

The answer is yes. Or anyone else that we can get.

Mattie is only on loan from Mongs.

Joel Chianese is of to the VicMongs.

And Colosimo wants to sign with the Mongs, but is hoping MH release him and pay out the final year of his contract ($285k). Jew cunt.

That's a lob of cap space freed up for Madaschi :)

Visitards signed Chianese? When?

Colosimo can GTFO with his salary, we can get a lot better.

Clear out the deadbeats.