Melbourne Football

Round 5: City V Brisbane Meow @ Suncorp 24 Nov 7:50pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

Just now, haz said:

Meredith did make a good point (also applies to Bruno when he plays), that our attackers dont get the ball facing the goal. Wales, McGree, Najjarine and Bruno can all take on their man. But getting the ball with their back to goal won't benefit the attack at all.

This happens due to the tactics of not playing direct, rather just passing it around.

Not only that, Bruno has usually had to come up to midfield to get the ball, not only does he have his back to the goal, he's too far from goal, and there's nobody running off him

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Not only that, Bruno has usually had to come up to midfield to get the ball, not only does he have his back to the goal, he's too far from goal, and there's nobody running off him

Agree. Even worse when he ends up getting the ball on the wing with his back to goal

Edited by haz

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Stop making excuses for Bruno, good attackers move away from their defenders. Bruno deliberately slows play have them in his back, it worked in his first season but not anymore. Besides his finishing is way off.

I'm not making an excuse for him, when you are a striker that has to come up to the midfield to receive the ball with your back to goal and you have 2 defenders on you of course your finishing will be poor

• Like 1

Predictable result I would say. Brisbane without a win until tonight, so we give them one.

Like I said, I have no idea what direction this club thinks it is taking. We're just big mouths in Australian football, with almost nothing to show for it. The club has no spirit and no fight in it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'm not making an excuse for him, when you are a striker that has to come up to the midfield to receive the ball with your back to goal and you have 2 defenders on you of course your finishing will be poor

You are and you are doing it again.  Bruno in his good days was setting up his own attacks in midfield. The fact is that he misses too many one on ones, penalties and other opportunities - given he is on a million dollars, it is poor.  It was also observed his work rate on the pitch dropped significantly. Saying we could have used him tonight as we have other replacement.