Melbourne Football

UEFA Champions League

Young Polak

Straight red and penalty every day of the week. Barca came to City's fortress and controlled the game. Absolutely deserved it.

pretty unfortunate red. barca going down like a sack of spuds. why bother when they've probably been the better passing side.

Rof, cause no Man City player dived or tried to milk a free this morningHOW IS IT A PENALTY?Initial contact was outside the box. Ball was inside as was he when he collapsed, I'm sure a ref could clarify this for you.

Forgetting about the Pique goal which got called offside? Clearly on.So if a player is caught outside the box he can then lunge into the box and it's a penalty? No.

Then why would messi get a penalty if contact is made outside the box? Because the contact carried on into the box. It wasn't a clip outside of the box and then he fell in

Anyone here attended a Champions League game?

was there at the San Siro for Milan vs Celtic during the group stages  :up:

Only English club who can go far in this tournament is Chelsea, no bias either. Arsenal maybe, but Bayern will be a tough ask.

Agreed - i dont see Arsenal getting past Bayern, especially over 2 legs.

not sure about Chelsea - They rely too much on Hazard for me, and are lacking a proper striker who would take their game to another level. 

He's going from playing about 70-75 minutes a game at Madrid to playing 90 minutes in almost every Arsenal game this season. The guy needs time to adapt. Not to mention he's playing in a more physical league where the bottom teams are a lot more competitive than those in La Liga.

That being said, if you look at his statistics he's still having a good season; Ozil leads Europe in key passes and is in the top 3 for assists in the EPL, he's copping some unfair critisicm.

Edited by King Malta

He's going from playing about 70-75 minutes a game at Madrid to playing 90 minutes in almost every Arsenal game this season. The guy needs time to adapt. Not to mention he's playing in a more physical league where the bottom teams are a lot more competitive than those in La Liga.

That being said, if you look at his statistics he's still having a good season; Ozil leads Europe in key passes and is in the top 3 for assists in the EPL, he's copping some unfair critisicm.

Great points.. And he had gotten used to players like Ronaldo and Benzema converting key passes into assists and now he has to rely on Giroud; a player who so rarely makes runs in behind defenders and is always backing into his marker rather than finding space. (Although that could just be orders given to him).
  • Like 1

Great points.. And he had gotten used to players like Ronaldo and Benzema converting key passes into assists and now he has to rely on Giroud; a player who so rarely makes runs in behind defenders and is always backing into his marker rather than finding space. (Although that could just be orders given to him).

Exactly. Walcott and Ramsey were doing brilliant jobs of getting in behind the opposition defenders earlier in the season and Ozil was feeding them chance after chance. Walcott's out for the season now and no-one knows when Ramsey's returning so that's having an effect too.

Wouldn't say assists reflects how he's going, gerrard and rooney are both up the top and they take corners/free kicks

few i've seen of the frog eyed flop have just been 1-2m sideways passes that anyone can do

In an indirect free kick the bloke that rolls it to the other guy will be given the assist if the shot goes in :|

Wouldn't say assists reflects how he's going, gerrard and rooney are both up the top and they take corners/free kicks

few i've seen of the frog eyed flop have just been 1-2m sideways passes that anyone can do

In an indirect free kick the bloke that rolls it to the other guy will be given the assist if the shot goes in :|

That's why I included key passes as well mate, that's any pass that leads to a shot for your team, and he's got more of them than ANY player in the top 5 leagues in Europe. He's got 5 more than Hazard (who people classify as having an amazing season) and I'm pretty sure he's played about 3 games less than him.

I watch Ozil every game (I'm a Gooner) and you're underselling his impact/the quality of his passing game there.

Edited by King Malta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if our lads Mate and Ramsay were watching this game and getting pointers on how to put in dangerous, arrow like crosses. Fantastic watching RM spear the balls into the box compared to the fcuken loopy shit we've dished up.

Edited by HEARTinator

• 2 months later...

so legia won 2-0 in the second leg, and field an ineligible player in the last 2 minutes of the game, which made legia lose that game 3-0 by forfeit, Celtic go through 'on away goals'. Legia kicked out.

Massive kick in the balls, retarded management blunder as that player did not serve a 3 game suspension.

Edited by Young Polak

so legia won 2-0 in the second leg, and field an ineligible player in the last 2 minutes of the game, which made legia lose that game 3-0 by forfeit, Celtic go through 'on away goals'. Legia kicked out.

Massive kick in the balls, retarded management blunder as that player did not serve a 3 game suspension. Typical polish football bullshit

This is insane.