Melbourne Football

UEFA Champions League

Young Polak

I don't exactly understand why people fear facing top teams if they finish second in their group like Arsenal. I see fans shitting themselves that they could play Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.

Not sure if they are just wanting to enjoy the ride and get closer to the finals with the best (easiest pathway).

To me that's just weak, if they want to win the Champions league then they have to prove that they can beat the best and not rely on another fixture for an underdog to fluke a win and they would be a pushover in the finals.

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

I don't exactly understand why people fear facing top teams if they finish second in their group like Arsenal. I see fans shitting themselves that they could play Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.

Not sure if they are just wanting to enjoy the ride and get closer to the finals with the best (easiest pathway).

To me that's just weak, if they want to win the Champions league then they have to prove that they can beat the best and not rely on another fixture for an underdog to fluke a win and they would be a pushover in the finals.

Shutup and go back to your polish 4th division thread :up:

Bit more prestigious getting knocked out in a semi/final, etc. than disappearing in the first round. Finishing first in the group is rewarded for a reason.

Anyway, Dortmund made that much more difficult than needed, but it was a laugh thinking that we wouldn't progress, only to finish in first within 5 mins.

Shutup and go back to your polish 4th division thread :up:

k mate

Bit more prestigious getting knocked out in a semi/final, etc. than disappearing in the first round. Finishing first in the group is rewarded for a reason.

Understandable.

Anyway, Dortmund made that much more difficult than needed, but it was a laugh thinking that we wouldn't progress, only to finish in first within 5 mins.

Very true, but you're talking about probably the most difficult group in the CL this season. You don't want to drop out in the round of 16 but this season I'd say we have a decent chance of knocking over almost any team we come up against.

For all three teams to finish on 12 is a massive effort and whoever missed out was going to desperately unlucky.

As a Gooner I would have preferred to finish first (obviously) but when we got drew into this group I would have taken 2nd if you offered it to me.

Edited by King Malta

What A F*cking Joke.................

Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Wesley Sneijder!!! CimBomBom!!!!!

What a fucking victory!!!!

Not saying you don't deserve victory but for UEFA letting the game continue in those conditions is a complete joke. Is this league for champions? is there class? Yet they allow those 2 to play on a bloody pig farm. Some manual work could've left the pitch in better shape, just saying.

What A F*cking Joke.................

Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Wesley Sneijder!!! CimBomBom!!!!!

What a fucking victory!!!!

Not saying you don't deserve victory but for UEFA letting the game continue in those conditions is a complete joke. Is this league for champions? is there class? Yet they allow those 2 to play on a bloody pig farm. Some manual work could've left the pitch in better shape, just saying.I completely agree but Juve, being such a great team, should've beaten Copenhagen in the first game and gotten more than a point against us at home. It was a terrible circumstance last night and we took our chance and are heading to the Knockout Stage.

Off to Europa League you go :P

Very true, but you're talking about probably the most difficult group in the CL this season. You don't want to drop out in the round of 16 but this season I'd say we have a decent chance of knocking over almost any team we come up against.

For all three teams to finish on 12 is a massive effort and whoever missed out was going to desperately unlucky.

As a Gooner I would have preferred to finish first (obviously) but when we got drew into this group I would have taken 2nd if you offered it to me.

So what exactly is the point you're making?

So what exactly is the point you're making?

That there's nothing to be upset about by finishing second in a group that contained Napoli and Dortmund and that on current form that doesn't necessarily mean an early exit.

I was kind of rambling and lost the point a little I think :lol:

Edited by King Malta

Anyway, Dortmund made that much more difficult than needed, but it was a laugh thinking that we wouldn't progress, only to finish in first within 5 mins. Very true, but you're talking about probably the most difficult group in the CL this season. You don't want to drop out in the round of 16 but this season I'd say we have a decent chance of knocking over almost any team we come up against.

As a Gooner I would have preferred to finish first (obviously) but when we got drew into this group I would have taken 2nd if you offered it to me. So what exactly is the point you're making?

That there's nothing to be upset about by finishing second in a group that contained Napoli and Dortmund and that on current form that doesn't necessarily mean an early exit.

I was kind of rambling and lost the point a little I think :lol:

Forgiven

• Like 1

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 ties:
Manchester City (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Manchester United (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA) v Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Bayer Leverkusen(GER) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Galatasaray (TUR) v Chelsea (ENG)
Schalke (GER) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Arsenal (ENG) v Bayern Munich (GER)

City, Arsenal are fucked and Chelsea drew a reasonable competitive Gala.

Good result for LFC's prospective title hopes in the short term, but these teams could be knocked out early allowing them to focus on the PL, etc..

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 ties:

Manchester City (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)

Olympiacos (GRE) v Manchester United (ENG)

AC Milan (ITA) v Atletico Madrid (ESP)

Bayer Leverkusen(GER) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

Galatasaray (TUR) v Chelsea (ENG)

Schalke (GER) v Real Madrid (ESP)

Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)

Arsenal (ENG) v Bayern Munich (GER)

City, Arsenal are fucked and Chelsea drew a reasonable competitive Gala.

Good result for LFC's prospective title hopes in the short term, but these teams could be knocked out early allowing them to focus on the PL, etc..

Manchester City

Manchester United 

Atletico Madrid 

Paris Saint-Germain 

Chelsea 

Real Madrid 

Borussia Dortmund 

Bayern Munich 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Straight red and penalty every day of the week. Barca came to City's fortress and controlled the game. Absolutely deserved it.

pretty unfortunate red. barca going down like a sack of spuds. why bother when they've probably been the better passing side.

Rof, cause no Man City player dived or tried to milk a free this morning

• Like 1

Straight red and penalty every day of the week. Barca came to City's fortress and controlled the game. Absolutely deserved it.

pretty unfortunate red. barca going down like a sack of spuds. why bother when they've probably been the better passing side.

HOW IS IT A PENALTY?

post-2923-0-79802500-1392763450_thumb.jp

can only comment on everytime i looked up. it's quite possible MC were doing the same.

HOW IS IT A PENALTY?

Initial contact was outside the box. Ball was inside as was he when he collapsed, I'm sure a ref could clarify this for you.

Forgetting about the Pique goal which got called offside? Clearly on.

HOW IS IT A PENALTY?

Initial contact was outside the box. Ball was inside as was he when he collapsed, I'm sure a ref could clarify this for you.

So if a player is caught outside the box he can then lunge into the box and it's a penalty?

Not forgetting it, don't care about either team just an annoyed liverpool supporter that's still angry at how officials make massive fuck ups and don't get punished

HOW IS IT A PENALTY?

BgyQmy6IMAAjIL-.jpg

• Like 1

Rof, cause no Man City player dived or tried to milk a free this morning HOW IS IT A PENALTY?

So if a player is caught outside the box he can then lunge into the box and it's a penalty?

No.

Rof, cause no Man City player dived or tried to milk a free this morning HOW IS IT A PENALTY? Initial contact was outside the box. Ball was inside as was he when he collapsed, I'm sure a ref could clarify this for you.

Forgetting about the Pique goal which got called offside? Clearly on. So if a player is caught outside the box he can then lunge into the box and it's a penalty?

No.

Then why would messi get a penalty if contact is made outside the box?