Melbourne Football

Moderators' Messages

jw1739

Folks, just a word of caution. I've been posting on here for quite a long time, and some months ago I reached the limit on attachments of 48.84MB, and I am now unable to post any further attachments. I've deleted a heap of them from old messages, to no avail, and I cannot find any other way of reducing my accumulated attachments. The site owner has not responded to a number of requests for assistance, so I suggest that you look carefully at how much of your quota you have used up.

Most importantly, I suggest that it is better to post links rather than actual images.

jw
18th August 2023

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Or you could start a new account (because my saved password no longer works, I may seem to remember it and the email address that ol’ Shahanga signed up with is long gone)

@D.B. Cooper Thank you. Yes, I could, but I think that would be the end of me as a Moderator, leaving Malloy all by himself. At the moment I just work around the limitation. I'll think about it.

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas everyone.

Regrettably I had a bad fall a few days ago, and went down like a ton of bricks. Dislocated my left shoulder which had to be reset under anaesthetic. Possibly other injuries as well but nothing catastrophic discovered so far.

I have to take a break - hahaha - at least for several weeks whilst I recover and get the use of my arm back again. I regret having to leave @malloy as the only remaining active Moderator, and I would be most grateful if someone could step up and keep the goals and attendances up to date. At the moment typing is difficult with my arm in a sling.

I am out of hospital - sometimes innovative answers to question are required to escape the clutches of the medicos, and it's wonderful to breathe fresh air again - and back home being tended by my lovely wife. I may not be able to go to a game for the remainder of the season but will be watching the lads and the Forum closely.

When I fell my head hit the concrete but if there had something else there on the way down I would not have this second chance. So I must take it.

All the very best to you all, and to your families. Please take care, each and every one of you.

jw

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

57 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Regrettably I had a bad fall a few days ago, and went down like a ton of bricks. Dislocated my left shoulder which had to be reset under anaesthetic. Possibly other injuries as well but nothing catastrophic discovered so far.

I have to take a break - hahaha - at least for several weeks whilst I recover and get the use of my arm back again. I regret having to leave @malloy as the only remaining active Moderator, and I would be most grateful if someone could step up and keep the goals and attendances up to date. At the moment typing is difficult with my arm in a sling.

I am out of hospital - sometimes innovative answers to question are required to escape the clutches of the medicos, and it's wonderful to breathe fresh air again - and back home being tended by my lovely wife. I may not be able to go to a game for the remainder of the season but will be watching the lads and the Forum closely.

When I fell my head hit the concrete but if there had something else there on the way down I would not have this second chance. So I must take it.

All the very best to you all, and to your families. Please take care, each and every one of you.

jw

Sorry to hear JW, awful news especially this time of year.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

jw

Too late for me! Father Time takes no prisoners. Glad to hear you made it this far and I hope you get to a game. I am aiming for January or early Feb.

All the best for 2024!

On 25/12/2023 at 3:54 PM, jw1739 said:

jw

Hope you recover quickly mate!

• 1 month later...