Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

22 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Spot on, FFA money grab

Yup thats what I herd too.....FFA have control over all finals ticket prices...hence the reason a reserved member seat is $65 per adult. I can totally understand a grand final seat being around that much but an elimination final is a bit rough

Edited by MICHAEL_MACGYVER
spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Someone will correct me, but I don't think Melbourne City has anything to do with the pricing or location of the finals series.

As I read it we are no worse off than any other club in the league. FFA has total control over all finals matches - from what I've read all a qualifying club is assured of is the right to "host" a finals match in the state in which the club is located.

Actually, I think that if you look at the details, clubs don't have a lot of control over anything even during the regular season.

Edited by jw1739

22 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Yup thats what I herd too.....FFA have control over all finals ticket prices...hence the reason a reserved member seat is $65 per adult. I can totally understand a grand final seat being around that much but an elimination final is a bit rough

I disagree. Tried the best seats in the house at a theatre lately?

I'm as pissed off as anyone about the last two games, but in a funny way, I think this ended up being a better result for us than if we had won on Friday night and finished third. I would have been expecting us to crap the bed in a 'home' Etihad final against Victory, for a final insult this season. What a waste of Mooy and Fornaroli, finishing fourth. And we should have finished fifth.

As it is, it feels like a carbon copy of last season to me, Terrible finish to the season, supporters writing the team off completely...so I'm actually pretty confident that we'll roll Perth this time, to be honest. Which brings me to an interesting question/exercise: if we had to lose in a final, how would you rank them, in order of most preferred to least?

• elimination final
  • semi final
  • grand final

Personally, I'd go GF, SF, EF, but I'm sure there would be people that would say GF, EF, SF, or even EF, GF, SF (because that would surely be curtains for JVS). I think there'd be a lot that would look at a SF defeat to be the worst possible outcome, because winning a final gives JVS a sliver of hope that he'll be here next year.

9 minutes ago, alvinng said:

Anyone else getting the invalid password error message?

Why do they always make buying tickets so hard/complicated/expensive?!? Argh.

mcfc.jpg

Yep, same happening for me too.

Been trying since 9am using the link and password they sent me.

12 minutes ago, alvinng said:

Anyone else getting the invalid password error message?

Why do they always make buying tickets so hard/complicated/expensive?!? Argh.

mcfc.jpg

You're ln the Same Seat option there, do you have a reserved seat membership or GA? 

3 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

what happens when you do the Stadium option and not Same Seat?

Same thing. Tried it with both options in the drop down list. Tried it with just one password and not with both my wife and mine. Tried it on different browsers, different desktop and mobile OS. Tried it on different wifi and 4G. 

All options show that password is invalid. For crying out loud. I wanna punch someone so bad.

dumb question - have you left a space after the passwords or have got one in your cart already? mine crashed and was invalid when i tried again. turned out that i had tickets in my cart that i needed to flush.

All members are informed that we are currently working with FFA and Ticketek to resolve the password issue that has arisen.

I wouldn't stress. if you have a seat already you'll be fine... i doubt there's an avalanche of demand considering we've opened the top deck all of one time ever for a non-derby game.

5 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

dumb question - have you left a space after the passwords or have got one in your cart already? mine crashed and was invalid when i tried again. turned out that i had tickets in my cart that i needed to flush.

All members are informed that we are currently working with FFA and Ticketek to resolve the password issue that has arisen.

I wouldn't stress. if you have a seat already you'll be fine... i doubt there's an avalanche of demand considering we've opened the top deck all of one time ever for a non-derby game.

Not stressed about not getting seats but pissed off that Ticketet has ONE job. To sell tickets and they still manage to fuck it up everytime. And charge us through the nose for it too.

That's what annoys me the most.

Is there still the issue with picking up tickets at the venue only? Can you print it from home?

2 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Someone will correct me, but I don't think Melbourne City has anything to do with the pricing or location of the finals series.

Precisely, it's FFA. Greedy cunts. Clearly they don't want to help in any sort of way in getting the stadium as full as possible. It's not like we need the numbers. 

Edited by n i k o

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Qn: 3 members in my household, does that mean each of us have to individually buy/reserve our tickets? Two of us have seats besides each other but the late comer has a seat in a different bay.

You can buy tickets on their behalf using the password they were each sent. My understanding though is the late comer wil not be able to sit with you but in their members seat. 

• Like 1

My password worked. But, shit, the next step is not obvious at all. Took me 20 minutes to work out where I had to click. Why not a "Continue" button?

Edit: Received my transaction report saying ezyticket is attached but of course it isn't - I belive that comes within 48 hours IIRC.

Agree - Ticketek's job is to sell tickets, not make life difficult.

Edited by jw1739

I've thrown a box of them at it and hasn't fixed the problem....keeps breaking in the lock....

I'm on the phone trying to get through to the membership line currently been on hold for 17min. Problem i have is we have a family ticker membership. I have one seat kids sit between me and the wife hence if we buy tickets using the seats we sit in there will be 2 people between us....

6 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

I've thrown a box of them at it and hasn't fixed the problem....keeps breaking in the lock....

I'm on the phone trying to get through to the membership line currently been on hold for 17min. Problem i have is we have a family ticker membership. I have one seat kids sit between me and the wife hence if we buy tickets using the seats we sit in there will be 2 people between us....

Rest assured no one can take those tickets away from you until after 4pm today. Plenty of time to get it sorted. 

Try to DM @Ticketek_AU instead. Messaged them and they fixed it for me.

I've managed to purchase the tickets for same seat options BUT the email receipt shows row and seats as N/A, and when I log into the Ticketek website and look at the seats, it shows a different row and seat number from my membership.

And oh, chose the ezyTicket option and no PDF tickets in my email.

Edited by alvinng

31 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Have the same problem. 2 youngest aren't going

ok so I bought 3 tickets together.  The teenager I entered her membership number but paid an adult price.  That worked.

No tickets turned up by email though, just a receipt.  What's that about?

First time i entered the passowrds I copied them from the email. It didn't like that.  Typed them next time- no problem.

Edited by Shahanga