Melbourne Football

RD 21: Suty away at the nux #tinmoreyeers

Dylan

14 minutes ago, neio said:

Confirmed only change to starting 11 is caceras for Retre

Both Brown and Marino on bench with Kuzi and Clisby dropping out 

6 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

our squad looking very average 

This is why van' t Schip will never be a top coach. Takes unnecessary risks by including two players, both forwards, who haven't played for the whole season in a crucial match, and doesn't have a single backline defender on the bench. Irrespective of whether we win or not he just should not be doing this when the aim is to win silverware.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This is why van' t Schip will never be a top coach. Takes unnecessary risks by including two players, both forwards, who haven't played for the whole season in a crucial match, and doesn't have a single backline defender on the bench. Irrespective of whether we win or not he just should not be doing this when the aim is to win silverware.

Yeah but it's not like Kuzi was setting the world on fire up front.

Clisby's omission is surprising though. Must feel that Retre can slot in if needed.

Edited by Kinnibari

27 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Yeah but it's not like Kuzi was setting the world on fire up front.

Clisby's omission is surprising though. Must feel that Retre can slot in if needed.

Agree about Kuzi. He's played 6 games, and really only in the first derby has he performed (and in some games, like our 3-0 loss to WSW where Kuzi played 55 minutes, he was pretty bad and about 50% of his passes were unsuccessful).

So switching Kuzi and Dekker for Brown and Marino doesn't seem risky to me, prima facie. And if Brown and Marino have been performing at a good level for a while in training, as JVS said midweek, then those changes seem sensible enough.

Clisby being dropped is a bit of a surprise.  I'd say though that the coaching staff are happy to move Malik back into defence and sub on Melling or Retre to play in midfield. So from that perspective it's a matter of whether you'd prefer Clisby or Retre/Melling omitted.

All up I think it a solid squad player for player, and am keen to see how Caceres goes.

Edited by Murfy1

5 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Agree about Kuzi. He's played 6 games, and really only in the first derby has he performed (and in some games, like our 3-0 loss to WSW where Kuzi played 55 minutes, he was pretty bad and about 50% of his passes were unsuccessful).

So switching Kuzi and Dekker for Brown and Marino doesn't seem risky to me, prima facie. And if Brown and Marino have been performing at a good level for a while in training, as JVS said midweek, then those changes seem sensible enough.

Clisby being dropped is a bit of a surprise.  I'd say though that the coaching staff are happy to move Malik back into defence and sub on Melling or Retre to play in midfield. So from that perspective it's a matter of whether you'd prefer Clisby or Retre/Melling omitted.

All up I think it a solid squad player for player, and am keen to see how Caceres goes.

Oh yeah, forgot that Malik can play at the back. Very true.