Melbourne Football

Round 26: City V The Cheats Sunday 5pm (local)

Dylan

IIRC the last time Chris Beath refereed one of our games was against Sydney FC. Before that our record with Beath as ref was 16L:1W...after the Sydney game it was 16L:2W - I see he's trying to restore his cuntness and hatred towards us today!

How can the FFA not look at stats like this? I mean seriously, 16 losses from 17 games; that just ain't right FFS!

Well that's that. As much as I would like to blame all this on the red card, we are absolutely rubbish regardless.

Red card a big part. Chasing the game with 10 men you are always a risk of getting hit.

Can we blame JVS for poor finishing & good saves? Who do we blame for tAndo's worst game of the season?

The whole things a pile of poo with plenty of fathers.

Well that's that. As much as I would like to blame all this on the red card, we are absolutely rubbish regardless.

Red card a big part. Chasing the game with 10 men you are always a risk of getting hit.

Can we blame JVS for poor finishing & good saves? Who do we blame for tAndo's worst game of the season?

Oh for fuck sake! I can't believe we are going to do this again! Can definitely put a lot of the blame on JVS for today. Once again we didn't show up.

Who selects the team every week ?  

• Like 1

Who selects the team every week ?  

Exactly right.

Could've been ballsy today and picked Marino to start for instance, but instead went with the same usual fuck ups up forward (Williams)

I struggle to see how we were absolute rubbish we dominated the game up until the card  despite a soft goal. If we could finish it would have been 5-1 at half time. 

Three blokes had chances to put it to bed. David 'row z' Williams, Harry '10 shots' Novillo and Aaron '1 man team' Mooy. To top it off Tando had a howler today. We only copped the last 2 goals as we chased the game with 10 men. Like it or not the red card was a turning point.

• Like 1

I struggle to see how we were absolute rubbish we dominated the game up until the card  despite a soft goal. If we could finish it would have been 5-1 at half time. 

Three blokes had chances to put it to bed. David 'row z' Williams, Harry '10 shots' Novillo and Aaron '1 man team' Mooy. To top it off Tando had a howler today. We only copped the last 2 goals as we chased the game with 10 men. Like it or not the red card was a turning point.

We'd already conceded before he was sent off.

We'd already conceded before he was sent off.

Please re-read post.... despite the soft goal implies before he was sent off after the goal. The contention that one goal against you means you didn't play some decent football is crazy as well. Man U yesterday lost with 70% possession 0-1 but they played well. The coach wasn't happy with the result but was happy with the performance. As a supporter I'm disappointed we lost, but I can see how well the team played in terms of build up before the red card. To suggest reducing a team to 10 men in still so early in the game is pure idiocy. 

Edited by wombegongal

Weak, gutless, disgusting.

VELAPHI: Played like shit tonight. Positioning for the first goal was awful and gifted McLaren the second.

RETRE: Actually had a solid game tonight. Didn't deserve to be sent off. Hope he slashed Chris Beath's tires on the way out of the stadium.

KISNORBO: Was relatively solid. Should have scored with an open header he just gave to Vukovic.

CHAPMAN: Very poor tonight. Was at fault for two of the three goals. Was caught flat footed for the first and watched McLaren score, and didn't follow McLaren in for the third. Stupid yellow card too.

CLISBY: Was reasonably solid. Should have stayed on instead of Ramsay.

PAARTALU: Average yet again. Was rarely seen and was rightfully dragged.

GERMANO: Was probably our best after Mooy tonight. Was a part of every attack and was solid when thrown back.

MOOY: Man of the match yet again. Free kick was a pearler. Not looking forward to see him move to Barcelona this off-season.

KOREN: Shit as always. Didn't even see him before he was subbed.

WILLIAMS: Even worse than usual somehow. How he missed that goal where he was one on one with the keeper I will never know.

NOVILLO: Disgraceful. So so wasteful. We need a winger of his style going forward, but just not him. Not good enough imo.

RAMSAY: Poor as usual. Not a LB. At fault for the third goal.

MURDOCCA: Actually looked good when he came on. Provided more spark than Koren has all season.

MAUK: Not enough impact to rate.

Really shockjng performance tonight. We need to seriously look at McLaren and possibly Vukovic. JVS out.

I struggle to see how we were absolute rubbish we dominated the game up until the card  despite a soft goal. If we could finish it would have been 5-1 at half

That's exactly why we were rubbish

Guys settle really... It meant nothing and that's the way we played it :)

In all seriousness though, McLaren was the only player to really lift his game , whilst Vukovic kept them in the match in the first half.

We do need to learn to score though, but overall I am not fussed. Keeping players fit was more important than winning, which will hopefully see us ready for the business end of the season.