Melbourne Football

JVS to be sacked and replaced with Italian coach at end of season?!?!

kingofhearts

On tapatalk you can see both the title and the first post.

Sorry mate but I expect better from a self proclaimed king. How about a link to a fake web page? so 2/10.

I need the redone assignment on my desk by lunchtime tomorrow.

Yeah, surely you could have found an old article or something to further the effect of the joke.

On tapatalk you can see both the title and the first post.

Sorry mate but I expect better from a self proclaimed king. How about a link to a fake web page? so 2/10.

I need the redone assignment on my desk by lunchtime tomorrow.

I was rushed for time Mr.shahanga! I'll have to make sure next year my attempt is better :)

Next year's prank will hopefully be a joke about him being rehired

With John Aloisi as CEO. You don't joke about stuff like that

ever.

FWIW I would not be surprised if our CEO did change next Season.

I have always liked Scott Munn and respected him as a hard worker and man of strong character but I could see CFG looking for someone more High Profile. 

With John Aloisi as CEO.You don't joke about stuff like that

ever.

FWIW I would not be surprised if our CEO did change next Season.

I have always liked Scott Munn and respected him as a hard worker and man of strong character but I could see CFG looking for someone more High Profile.

I agree except for the 'high profile' part. I think they will go for someone with lots of credentials, but it might not necessarily be someone who is known. FWIW I don't think they need to be a football person as long there is highly competent staff in other upper level roles.

• Like 1

With John Aloisi as CEO. You don't joke about stuff like that

ever. FWIW I would not be surprised if our CEO did change next Season.

I agree except for the 'high profile' part. I think they will go for someone with lots of credentials, but it might not necessarily be someone who is known. FWIW I don't think they need to be a football person as long there is highly competent staff in other upper level roles.

Well TBH my thinking would be like MVFC did that they would be looking in AFL Circles as this is were generally the best Sport CEO's end up in Australia.

And here comes the debate about needing 'football people' as CEOs. Much more important to have someone who knows the Australian sporting market, so probably an AFL CEO like cadete says, than a 'football person'.

Football People ran the sport for years... they were called themselves Soccer Australia.

• Like 1

The AFL is one of the most successful sporting leagues in the world. And not just the AFL, Australia is very successful in regard to Sport in general. We may not have the best naturally talented soccer players or enough technical knowledge and coaching talent in Soccer yet, but what we do have is world class talent in many areas like administration, and the medical and sports science areas. I'd say we are close to the best in the world in areas such as sports medicine and science. In fact a number of Australian soccer players have said how much better the physios etc are in Australia than in the EPL and Harry Kewell was noteable in that he came to Australia for treatment when he was injured after blaming Liverpool staff for making his injuries worse.

So I really don't see the need for A-league clubs to be looking overseas for staff that don't require technical knowledge and skill in regard to soccer. So by all means import players, technical coaches, managers, football directors, even referees. But in a lot of other areas we should be poaching people from other sports, and TBH given the financal muscle that a lot of investors in this league have its not at all unrealistic that we could poach people. AFL clubs may have more revenue, but they don't have private investors or the growth opportunities that the A-league has.

The AFL is one of the most successful sporting leagues in the world. And not just the AFL, Australia is very successful in regard to Sport in general. We may not have the best naturally talented soccer players or enough technical knowledge and coaching talent in Soccer yet, but what we do have is world class talent in many areas like administration, and the medical and sports science areas. I'd say we are close to the best in the world in areas such as sports medicine and science. In fact a number of Australian soccer players have said how much better the physios etc are in Australia than in the EPL and Harry Kewell was noteable in that he came to Australia for treatment when he was injured after blaming Liverpool staff for making his injuries worse.

So I really don't see the need for A-league clubs to be looking overseas for staff that don't require technical knowledge and skill in regard to soccer. So by all means import players, technical coaches, managers, football directors, even referees. But in a lot of other areas we should be poaching people from other sports, and TBH given the financal muscle that a lot of investors in this league have its not at all unrealistic that we could poach people. AFL clubs may have more revenue, but they don't have private investors or the growth opportunities that the A-league has.

I would also add that the Australian psyche by and large is that we like sports and most people will have a general knowledge of multiple sports. So as long as the CEO knows the market, is a good administrator and has a passing interest in the game then there should be plenty of candidates.

Completely agree....

The other thing is for this league to get bigger and better we dont need "Football People" to attract more "Football People" to games we actually just need more People in general to be attracted to the league and that basically means more AFL/NRL or whatever followers in this country and the great thing is that the A-League doesn't have to compete with most of these sports for the bulk of its Season.

Most "Football People" already follow A-League and if they dont its because they fall into a small minority who never will because they were Rusted On NSL fans (Mind you a lot of them pay a lot more interest to the league than they make PPL believe) or they are Eurosnobs.

As for the Eurosnobs, the way to win them over is by improving the professionalism and quality of the league itself and as the last couple of years has shown this is done most effectively simply by attracting bigger crowds so that the League becomes to hard to ignore. I am sure at one stage dozens of PPL on this forum alone were once Eurosnobs before the A-League finally captured their attention as it has grown from strength to strength.

Targeting specific subsections of the football community with token gestures like paying Del Piero a fortune to not pass the ball or Mispud to play a losing game of cat and mouse with the League's linesmen is not why this League has improved greatly since MHFC was first formed it has been the emergence of Mainstream Media Coverage because PPL who weren't Soccer fans ten years ago know want to know whats happening in the league.

• Like 2

I've done a full U-turn, before Melbourne Heart started I used to only watch the premier league, but now I actually enjoy watching the A-league more than the EPL, but that could be because i go for Aston villa!

Well I am in the unique position where at the rate things are going in ten or so years time the League I used follow prior to Heart will actually be at the quality A-League was back then and the A-League will be at the standard the SPL was when Heart began... :hmm: