Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Dean Laidley appointed as Midfield Coach.  :clap:

TBH I would probably prefer someone else as an Assistant,

His time at Port was at the same time as the Club's (Almost Fatal) demise, likewise his time with the Saints saw them drop from Flag Contenders to the rabble they are now.

• Like 1

Dean Laidley appointed as Midfield Coach.  :clap:

TBH I would probably prefer someone else as an Assistant,

His time at Port was at the same time as the Club's (Almost Fatal) demise, likewise his time with the Saints saw them drop from Flag Contenders to the rabble they are now.

Yes, he hasn't had the greatest four or five years, but his experience will be handy after losing Gavin Brown (albeit in different roles).

Edited by Baresi

Without having to drive there and back on the same day by catching the train, I can go to a grand total of 3 shitty games for the entire season.

...against Melbourne, Gold Coast and St. Kilda.

R.I.P Saturday afternoon blockbusters, it's all about the TV $$$ now. I love footy but I loathe the AFL as a governing body, greediest pack of bastards there ever was.

Edited by Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Sack a developing coach to hire another developing coach - Phenomenal move .... 

Hire a bloke that you knocked back for the same position 24 months ago - Outstanding move .... 

Pay the former coaches contract out (over half a f**king million), the new coaches contract and Port Adelaide compensation - Fantastic move .... 

Hire a bloke that coached under Knights, Ratten, Rohde and Hinkley (another bloke the board knocked back 24 months ago) - Superb move .... 

Knock back Choco Williams due to him being "High maintenance" when it comes to interaction with thwe board, when the board are either smug, egotistical wankers who've never laid hands on a footy and have checkered business pasts or dumber than those flogs at the TAB who you see cashing in other punters scrunched up tickets for NIL PAY - Great move .... 

Fuck the board, Fuck half the list, Fuck half of our fans and most of all FUCK YOU PELCHEN. 

:droy:

Edited by Woody
  • Like 3

Hire a bloke that you knocked back for the same position 24 months ago - Outstanding move ....

Pay the former coaches contract out (over half a f**king million), the new coaches contract and Port Adelaide compensation - Fantastic move ....

Hire a bloke that coached under Knights, Ratten, Rohde and Hinkley (another bloke the board knocked back 24 months ago) - Superb move ....

Knock back Choco Williams due to him being "High maintenance" when it comes to interaction with thwe board, when the board are either smug, egotistical wankers who've never laid hands on a footy and have checkered business pasts or dumber than those flogs at the TAB who you see cashing in other punters scrunched up tickets for NIL PAY - Great move ....

Fuck the board, Fuck half the list, Fuck half of our fans and most of all FUCK YOU PELCHEN.

Heart and Saints. You certainly have the daily double atm.

Heart and Saints. You certainly have the daily double atm.

Amongst a few others mate.

• Like 1

And also dragging your feet on re-signing the best coach in the AFL 2 years ago

Generally the better coaches win Grand Finals...

Any coach that can get Freo to a GF and win constantly in Melbourne is a messiah in my books

Ross Lyon has done a good job at the saints and freo but he has lost 3 grand finals now which isn't good enough, there is a gap between him and the better coaches like Clarko who has won 2 of three grand finals.

Any coach that can get Freo to a GF and win constantly in Melbourne is a messiah in my booksRoss Lyon has done a good job at the saints and freo but he has lost 3 grand finals now which isn't good enough, there is a gap between him and the better coaches like Clarko who has won 2 of three grand finals.

Any coach that can get Freo to a GF and win constantly in Melbourne is a messiah in my books Look Harvey had to be sacked (He was a destructive force - Who could not reason) but it was the good recruiting in his time that built the platform for Thomas.

Just like the Saints Draft Pick Bundle circa 2000-2001 did for his better years done there.

Any coach that can get Freo to a GF and win constantly in Melbourne is a messiah in my books Ross Lyon has done a good job at the saints and freo but he has lost 3 grand finals now which isn't good enough, there is a gap between him and the better coaches like Clarko who has won 2 of three grand finals.

Any coach that can get Freo to a GF and win constantly in Melbourne is a messiah in my books Look Harvey had to be sacked (He was a destructive force - Who could not reason) but it was the good recruiting in his time that built the platform for Thomas.

Just like the Saints Draft Pick Bundle circa 2000-2001 did for his better years done there.

I assume you meant Lyon rather than Thomas. Its always going to be subjective but player wise I don't think we were the second best team, even with Pavlich and Sandilands who missed most of the season we only have a couple of superstars with the rest being fairly run of the mill which was evident in the All Australian team and Brownlow voting. It was Lyons coaching that meant every person in the team was part of the one structure and working together, and when one dropped out the replacement came in and knew exactly what their job was and just became another cog in the wheel. I don't think St Kilda were much different either, I wouldn't rate their side at the time as being grand final material when just looking at their players.

He gave us what were possibly our 3 biggest wins ever in a matter of 2 years (2 x Geelong finals, prelim win), turned our Melbourne hoodoo on it's head..... all signs of a great coach to me....whereas Clarkson should have had a lot more success with the players he's got.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, Darren Jolly always seems like a bit of an abrasive type. 

He mentions several players being upset with Bucks.

Clearly relations between Bucks and his players as a coach is similar to the way his teammates felt about him as a player.

O'Brien, Johnson, Swan, Jolly, Shaw and Thomas... The List really goes on.

Edited by cadete

To be honest, Darren Jolly always seems like a bit of an abrasive type. 

He mentions several players being upset with Bucks.

Clearly relations between Bucks and his players as a coach is similar to the way his teammates felt about him as a player.

O'Brien, Johnson, Swan, Jolly, Shaw and Thomas... The List really goes on.

Don't disagree with you in the slightest mate.

But I'm fairly sure Darren Jolly would hold an eternal grudge who got in his way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...