Melbourne Football

OCD and similar traits of forum members

sheepdog

Before leaving the house / work / anywhere I always tap my left butt cheek, right butt cheek and right thigh to check for my phone, wallet and keys even if I know I have them on me even if I am leaving my keys at home cause the girlfriend is driving.

Always have to piss before I go to sleep without fail, even if I pissed 5 minutes beforehand ill have to go to make sure otherwise I cant fall asleep with the fear Ill have to wake up in the middle of the night to piss.

Edited by rayv36
  • Like 1

when ever i go to walk up a set of stairs (regardless of the number of steps - 3 - 20), i find i have to use my left foot first.  but when i go down stairs its right foot first.  had a few times where i have nearly gone arse over tit because i've gone to step out of sequence (right foot first up the stairs, left foot first down).

also, every one of my wrist watches must be set 5 minutes fast.  cant even remember why, just a habit from uni.  got sick of being late to class, bus, etc., for some reason.

• Like 1

I have a rather extensive book collection at home (mainly non-fictional), both shelved and stored upstairs in the attic. I am so anal that I have genuinely catalogued and arranged all my books via the Dewey Decimal System of classification. I make the little labels myself and lose my fucking mind if somebody touches them and doesn't put it back IN THE RIGHT FUCKING PLACE.

Thanks Sheepdog, this has been somewhat therapeutic. :up:

• Like 3

also, every one of my wrist watches must be set 5 minutes fast.  cant even remember why, just a habit from uni.  got sick of being late to class, bus, etc., for some reason.

Does this actually work for people? My brain just automatically subtracts the 5 mins or whatever the clock/watch is fast so it makes no difference.

• Like 1

Does this actually work for people? My brain just automatically subtracts the 5 mins or whatever the clock/watch is fast so it makes no difference.

Works well in my car because it stresses whoever I'm driving out and makes me go quicker.

for the most part, it strangely does.  i do wonder if it relates to what you are like with the snooze button on your alarm tho.  i find that it takes me a couple of goes each morning before i get outta bed.  hence the need to buffer in some extra time on the watches.

that said, the clocks at home arent five minutes fast.  mostly because people at home always reset them tho.

I have to take my general vitamin, vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil pills every day as soon as I wake up or I feel ridiculously terrible. Head aches, lethargic etc.

I fully know it's 99.99% placebo as well. Doesn't make a difference though.

Vitamin D GOAT vitamin.

Probably not a placebo, unless you only take the recommended amount of 1k UI, probably doesn't do shit at that level

Gotta take 3-5k UI then Vitamin D GOAT vitamin. Can probably get away with more but better to be safe than sorry since it's fat soluble (which means your body stores it, and so you can OD and/or have side effects).

I have to take my general vitamin, vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil pills every day as soon as I wake up or I feel ridiculously terrible. Head aches, lethargic etc.

Vitamin D GOAT vitamin.

Probably not a placebo, unless you only take the recommended amount of 1k UI, probably doesn't do shit at that level

Gotta take 3-5k UI then Vitamin D GOAT vitamin. Can probably get away with more but better to be safe than sorry since it's fat soluble (which means your body stores it, and so you can OD and/or have side effects).Nah, I read it's one of the least toxic substances to humans and overdose doesn't occur until a crazy amount like more than 100kUI has been taken daily for months and one-time overdoses requires like 50mg.

Edited by Jimmy

I set an alarm 1 hour before I have to get up, 1 half an hour before I have to get up, and then one when I need to wake up. I just enjoy the feeling of the alarm going off and knowing I don't have to get up yet

I set one 1 hour before, 30 minutes before, 20 minutes, 15, 10, 5 and then 10 minutes after in case I miss that. Still manage to rock up late to work every other day.

Also, I can't walk past a microwave with time left on it without hitting the clear button.

Vitamin D GOAT vitamin.

Gotta take 3-5k UI then Vitamin D GOAT vitamin. Can probably get away with more but better to be safe than sorry since it's fat soluble (which means your body stores it, and so you can OD and/or have side effects).

Nah, I read it's one of the least toxic substances to humans and overdose doesn't occur until a crazy amount like more than 100kUI has been taken daily for months and one-time overdoses requires like 50mg.

I'm just going off memory as it's a long time since I've looked into it but it's definitely above 10k UI that it gets bad, however I think it would be less than 100k UI.

Either way, don't see why anyone would take more than 10k unless on doctor's orders as it is a fair bit given the standard vitamin d pill is 1k UI

Even if I am not I interested in a thread on this forum I have to at least click on it just so its read. Can't have any of those speech bubbles on the front of the form full.

Haha! Totally! Sometimes I get the shits when a thread I dont care about gets really busy because I dont want to have to keep opening it.

Edited by KSK_47

Vitamin D GOAT vitamin.

Gotta take 3-5k UI then Vitamin D GOAT vitamin. Can probably get away with more but better to be safe than sorry since it's fat soluble (which means your body stores it, and so you can OD and/or have side effects).Nah, I read it's one of the least toxic substances to humans and overdose doesn't occur until a crazy amount like more than 100kUI has been taken daily for months and one-time overdoses requires like 50mg.I'm just going off memory as it's a long time since I've looked into it but it's definitely above 10k UI that it gets bad, however I think it would be less than 100k UI.

Either way, don't see why anyone would take more than 10k unless on doctor's orders as it is a fair bit given the standard vitamin d pill is 1k UII'm not a doctor so I won't argue with you but that doesn't really make sense to me as there are many vitamin D pills on shelves that are 5kIU and 10kIU each and your body produces like 20kIU per hour spent in the summer sun.

Edited by Jimmy

Vitamin D GOAT vitamin.

Nah, I read it's one of the least toxic substances to humans and overdose doesn't occur until a crazy amount like more than 100kUI has been taken daily for months and one-time overdoses requires like 50mg.

I'm just going off memory as it's a long time since I've looked into it but it's definitely above 10k UI that it gets bad, however I think it would be less than 100k UI.

Either way, don't see why anyone would take more than 10k unless on doctor's orders as it is a fair bit given the standard vitamin d pill is 1k UI

I'm not a doctor so I won't argue with you but that doesn't really make sense to me as there are many vitamin D pills on shelves that are 5kIU and 10kIU each and your body produces like 20kIU per hour spent in the summer sun.

How does there being 5k UI and 10k UI pills go against what I'm saying (apart from maybe that 1k UI pill is standard, I've never seen 5k UI or 10k UI, I think 3k UI is the highest I've seen with the majority being 1k which is why I assumed that was the most standard amount)?

I'm not an expert either, but I was once interested enough to research it and I'm usually pretty thorough when I research something, and it's just always stuck in my head that basically 10k is the limit you want to stay under whereas I would take 5k just to be safe (and to save money, cause clearly i've been doing it wrong buying 1k UI pills, though I believe 3k UI pills didn't seem much cheaper last time I looked so not sure how much cheaper 5k UI would work out to be).

I'm not saying you'll die if you take 11k UI one day, but if you take like 25k UI for a few months, then it's quite possible they'll be some negative consequences, and 25k UI is a lot less than the 100k UI you mention.

And again, I'm not an expert, but with most things natural production and supplementation are very different, so I'm not convinced by 20k UI from sunlight an hour being relevant to the discussion of how much vitamin D supplementation is excessive. One thing I do know is that you can't produce excessive vitamin D from too much sun exposure, which I think backs up what I'm saying about natural vs supplementation being different, as you certainly can consume excess vitamin D from supplementation.

Basically what I've been trying to say this whole time is, I do actually think vitamin D makes a difference to those things you mentioned (feeling more energetic etc), so it's probably not a placebo, unless all you take is 1k UI (as that's what I reckon most people that take vitamin D take, as that's what most information sources tell them to take) because I dont think it does much at that level, whereas at like 3-5k UI you can feel a difference IMO. The other point I was making is that it can be harmful if you take too much, as a lot of people just assume more is better when it comes to vitamins, which isn't the case, and unlike a lot of other vitamins which are water soluble and so you just piss the excess out, vitamin D is stored and so the excess adds up.

I'm not out and out disagreeing with anything you're saying. I agree vitamin D does an incredibly large amount of good things and at the same time if you take too much it could be bad for you. All I'm saying is that you could take significantly more than 5kIU (what I'm currently on) and be fine. 100k is heaps I agree, it's just what I remember reading a while ago, I don't personally think anyone should take 100k, was just making a point.

Personally I think you could probably take up to 40kIU and still be fine. Maybe even more as long as you were only doing it for a short period of time, like over the winter or something. Again, not saying you should, just that you could.

Edited by Jimmy

I'm not out and out disagreeing with anything you're saying. I agree vitamin D does an incredibly large amount of good things and at the same time if you take too much it could be bad for you. All I'm saying is that you could take significantly more than 5kIU (what I'm currently on) and be fine. 100k is heaps I agree, it's just what I remember reading a while ago, I don't personally think anyone should take 100k, was just making a point.

Personally I think you could probably take up to 40kIU and still be fine. Maybe even more as long as you were only doing it for a short period of time, like over the winter or something. Again, not saying you should, just that you could.

Well there's only one way to find out. Start taking 40k UI a day for 3 months and report back :up:

FWIW I've been prescribed 50k UI twice, monthly (so 100k UI a month). 

No ill consequences. Also don't feel any different but Vitamin D is up in the blood.

Not sure how beneficial 40k UI a day would be. Probably piss most of it out.

You don't piss excess vitamin d out, it just builds up, hence why it can be toxic if you take too much consistently.

• Like 1

Used to be pretty bad with the OCD stuff, but now I've toned it down a bit. Still gotta have shit straight like remotes on tables or the table itself lined up. Then stuff alphabetically sorted like DVD's but I feel that's common. Volume also has to be even number like previously mentioned

Can't get out of the shower until I shemie my body with my hands thoroughly so I don't drip on the foot towel

That's not OCD, that's common sense.

That was my thinking as well... Even when you scrub to semi dry?

Misses laughs at me

Ok fuk...I'm semi normal