Melbourne Football

SFC VS MCFC - Round 1

Ruckoo

We've come back from a goal down and got a point. With half our squad out. Last season we would have not recovered even to draw, or would have conceded again in injury time.

I'll take a point away from home.

Now for Newcastle next week.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

Away from home, i'll take the point, but we should be leaving with all 3 points... Yet again, wasted chances cost us. Good performance overall, the only way is up from here.

Archibald take a bow, very solid 90 minutes and playing out of position

Mooy and Duff were the stands out for me, difficult to pick the B.O.G, leaning towards Duff.

Nonetheless, bring on next week against the Jets, Koren and Villa In, should be getting all the points infront of a great crowd

• Like 1

Based on our performance it's a little disappointing to only walk away with the point but before the game with the starting XI we had I would have gladly taken a point, so all is well.

Newcastle were pretty average today so I'm expecting a comfortable win at home next week, anything less is a failure.

Mooy is an absolute gun. Never stopped running. Paartulu and duff equally impressive.

Archibald solid but maybe too slow for rb.

Redmayne makes me nervous with every ball in to the box.

A game we really should have won, won't get a better chance to beat sydney with the players they had out.

Fuck im stoked that football is back!