Melbourne Football

Australia @ 2015 Asian Cup

Tesla

Take that AFL you suburban chomps

I love both games but am fed up with AFL fans knocking this great win tonight. Spent most of the night defending our game against morons that think it's boring. Tonight was 2 hours of the most intense TV I've watched for years. Ready for a big game at AAMI later today. Asian champions has a nice sound to it!

• Like 3

I love both games but am fed up with AFL fans knocking this great win tonight. Spent most of the night defending our game against morons that think it's boring. Tonight was 2 hours of the most intense TV I've watched for years. Ready for a big game at AAMI later today. Asian champions has a nice sound to it!

Last night I had someone tell me that soccer is basically all down to luck. Yeah, because playing a game with an oval-shaped ball involves no luck at all!

Edited by Pete Heartspur
  • Like 3

Last night I had someone tell me that soccer is basically all down to luck. Yeah, because playing a game with an oval-shaped ball involves no luck at all! We defeated countries where football is the no1 sport, with populations many times larger the ours.

I guess we were lucky......lol

Afl can claim to be what......?

Best of the ....?????

• Like 1

Let's savour the win guys. Who gives a rats about the knockers. 10 years ago the national competiton was dead (self imploded) and the game had to be rescued by Lowy with some help from fed government money. Then came 2006 and now 2015. Onwards and upwards. The knockers will be left behind and new generation fans get on board with Socceroos and HAL. The Asian Cup crowds and interest was amazing. Let's build on this.

Now for this afternoon. Wanna see our lads crunch those deadbeat losers :)

• Like 1

As much as many may bag the FFA for some of their decisions they've transformed the game in this country. This would've been unimaginable under Soccer Australia, the players would've been staying in a motor inn and getting rubdowns from the bus driver. Kudos to Frank Lowy and his team.

• Like 1

We're going to win this tournament by the length of the Flemington straight.

Maybe Moonee Valley

Cunt of a thing that straight.

TBH I kind of like the MV straight because no other track provides a stronger variable to consider when going through the field...

That of course being the horses record at the Track.

Conversely the stream lining and closing of the different racetracks in this country does not nothing but make punting a far more predictable sport... seeing the same horses always winning at short odds cause only one track is in operation at a time like in Perf can get pretty boring,

Edited by cadete

Last night I had someone tell me that soccer is basically all down to luck. Yeah, because playing a game with an oval-shaped ball involves no luck at all!

Luck is something St Kilda supporters know about with the ball bouncing away from Steven Milne in 2010 grand final.

I love both games but am fed up with AFL fans knocking this great win tonight. Spent most of the night defending our game against morons that think it's boring. Tonight was 2 hours of the most intense TV I've watched for years. Ready for a big game at AAMI later today. Asian champions has a nice sound to it! Last night I had someone tell me that soccer is basically all down to luck. Yeah, because playing a game with an oval-shaped ball involves no luck at all!

Luck is something St Kilda supporters know about with the ball bouncing away from Steven Milne in 2010 grand final.

If I saw a rapist that close to me I'd bounce the other way too

• Like 4

great result

let's hope that it translates into positives in our local league

though the AFL & NRL will try their hardest to stop it

on another note, is it just me or does anyone else get riled up about this ?????

I didn't know that Greece was playing in the Asian Cup Final?

why then does some fucker turn up with a Greek flag and wave it about?

the team is AUSTRALIA, and sure there are players with backgrounds from many countries , but they are representing AUSTRALIA, not a country of their parent heritage 

Rant over

• Like 1

great result

on another note, is it just me or does anyone else get riled up about this ?????

the team is AUSTRALIA STRAYA, and sure there are players with backgrounds from many countries , but they are representing AUSTRALIA STRAYA, not a country of their parent heritage 

Rant over

fuck of we're full

Edited by Dylan

great result

the team is AUSTRALIA STRAYA, and sure there are players with backgrounds from many countries , but they are representing AUSTRALIA STRAYA, not a country of their parent heritage 

Rant over

fuck of we're full

i ain't getting drawn into that shit, I'm an immigrant to this country, as we all are , or descendants of immigrants. This country ain't full, there is plenty of space.... shit there are 20,000 green seats in AAMI park that are vacant on match days 

• Like 1

My sources tell me that the Asian Cup victory seems to have created a spike in interest from kids for the coming season.

Eddie's lemon is now lemonade

Fuck Eddie! Biggest bogan around. Sick of these AFL drongo's (not all) bagging football. Go to the football section in the media and you see nothing but great news for the Asian Cup. Go to the AFL section and it's always about drugs and James Hird.

On a separate note, l would like to purchase the dvd of the Asian Cup final. Would anyone know if they will be on sale??

great result

the team is AUSTRALIA, and sure there are players with backgrounds from many countries , but they are representing AUSTRALIA, not a country of their parent heritage

Rant over

I agree! Same thing goes when Sampras played and now when Kyrgios or Kokkinakis play l see Greek flags. I wouldn't bring my Croatian flag when Tomic, Matosevic or Tomljanovic play!