Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Love the name describes who we are, as for the logo to much red. We must remember our main colours are sky blue & white, so the red ring should be in sky blue then the logo would look so much better. Right now we are showing disrespect to our new owners and the club, some might not like the sky blue colour but it is what it is so deal with it. COME ON CITY

hahahaha. It's a supporters badge. It's not an official logo for the club. It could be black, white and pink if we wanted !! 

Love the name describes who we are, as for the logo to much red. We must remember our main colours are sky blue & white, so the red ring should be in sky blue then the logo would look so much better. Right now we are showing disrespect to our new owners and the club, some might not like the sky blue colour but it is what it is so deal with it. COME ON CITY

Yeah nah mate.

• Like 1

Don't really have much of an opinion on the name - so won't really comment on that.

But I feel, as an outsider, that you're leaving yourself open to have the piss mercilessly taken out of you by including the 1847 stuff. A lot of comments in this thread have said that taking the name Melburninans is having a sly dig at Victory fans which I can see is a good thing banter wise, but on the other side, trying to co-opt some historical data that bears next to no relevance for a club that is only a few years old is rolling out the red carpet to invite taunts.

It seems the reason why Yarraside was retired was becuase the founding members felt that it was connected to Heart and not City, and it was respecting their wishes which led to that name being taken off the table. The new name, group and colours were there to represent the new incarnation of the club - yet to revert to predominantly red and white for the badge seems a bit out of step with the logic which resulted in Yarraside not being continued.

• Like 4

And with that, the Manchester City takeover and Heart supporters complicity to it is complete.

:lol:

Melburnians would be a good name if the club was actually concerned about representing Melbourne.

• Like 1

So Yarraside as a name can't be used as Heart is apparently dead yet red is still being used with hearts in it for the logo. Makes sense.

I understand where you're coming from... but doesn't the MCFC badge incorporate BOTH the blue of the owners and the red and white of the flag. 

Finely someone can see the light

Refer to your avatar Jacob  :up:

Clubs colours are not blue and white. Our colours are still red and white with blue as a third colour. We are not a carbon copy of man city.

Also love the name. The 1847 is meh but I can deal with it. But I agree the logo just needs to be adjusted to either not have a heart at all and just the red and white stripes in the sky blue circle or the outline of the old logo with the red and white stripes in it :)

Otherwise well done guys

Name is good, the year is irrelevant to the club, the logo - don't like it.

Yes the year MUST go.  Got NOTHING to do with this football club.  Its a try-hard attempt at manufacturing a history and tradition that simply isn't there.  Pleas NO!

The logo is a bit shit too.

Don't really have much of an opinion on the name - so won't really comment on that.

But I feel, as an outsider, that you're leaving yourself open to have the piss mercilessly taken out of you by including the 1847 stuff. A lot of comments in this thread have said that taking the name Melburninans is having a sly dig at Victory fans which I can see is a good thing banter wise, but on the other side, trying to co-opt some historical data that bears next to no relevance for a club that is only a few years old is rolling out the red carpet to invite taunts.

It seems the reason why Yarraside was retired was becuase the founding members felt that it was connected to Heart and not City, and it was respecting their wishes which led to that name being taken off the table. The new name, group and colours were there to represent the new incarnation of the club - yet to revert to predominantly red and white for the badge seems a bit out of step with the logic which resulted in Yarraside not being continued.

Name is good, the year is irrelevant to the club, the logo - don't like it.

Yes the year MUST go.  Got NOTHING to do with this football club.  Its a try-hard attempt at manufacturing a history and tradition that simply isn't there.  Pleas NO!

The logo is a bit shit too.

It's not just me, i reckon people will seriously take the piss out of us for 1847. This is basically a new club, so i reckon 2014 would be great, it shows that we're starting fresh after heart/yarraside. I would be happy with M14 logos and stickers.

• Like 3

Melbournians???? ......ffs

unimaginative

Indistinctive

Why don't we just name it "Football Fans" or how about "singing Fans"

It's inclusive, relevant and bold...

Probably one of only 2 names suggested that ticked all the boxes. but so is my suggestion "Football Fans" relevant (which I'm not serious about as it's only a point I wanted to make)

It's just to obvious and not very creative.

It's like followers of the Italy National side calling them selves Italians

Or Chelsea supporters calling them selves Londoners......

To use one of Sam Newmans lines "Ohhhhh Really????"

Yarraside should have lived on as a legacy. It's original.

Edited by William Tell

So Yarraside as a name can't be used as Heart is apparently dead yet red is still being used with hearts in it for the logo. Makes sense.

Obviously the way Yarraside viewed MCFC's relationship to MHFC is independent of how this new group may see the links between the two clubs.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Melburnians is unbelievably cringey, it's got nothing to do with me and I didn't think id give a fuck either way but the name is too generic and the logo is awful, it looks like a fucking Pokemon gym badge.

It's just banter mate calm down. All aboard 

Melburnians is unbelievably cringey, it's got nothing to do with me and I didn't think id give a fuck either way but the name is too generic and the logo is awful, it looks like a fucking Pokemon gym badge.

It's just banter mate calm down. All aboard Don't worry mate I'll be the first to claim the Melburnian City badge don't be mad it's all harmless banter and if that's a crime then lock me up.

I feel sorry for the guy that designed the logo- I know you're on here. It's actually a good logo just a bit too bright and happy for an active support gang perhaps.

agreed. When you convert it to black on white and white on black it actually looks stylish. I think it's the bright colours that freaks people.

I think its also the shape of the love heart as such.. The original Melbourne heart logo steered clear from such a bubbly round heart I think if we want to incorporate the heart we should do the same! I also think if we want to involve the heart as well as the red and white stripes we should do one or the other.. Having the heart obviously shows the Melbourne heart heritage I think making the red so predominant in the logo is a bit of an overkill

At first I wasn't impressed with "1947" But now 1847 has grown on me and I quite like it but I do think it opens us up to criticism of trying to manufacture or create history for the club that doesn't exist.
But I think changing it to 2014 is a slap in the face of the Heart though. My solution is to have all three key dates of our history included.

1847 - Melbourne gets City status

2010 - Melbourne Heart's first season

2014 - Melbourne City's first season

I think that would capture the history of this city and this club

And with that, the Manchester City takeover and Heart supporters complicity to it is complete.

:lol:

Melburnians would be a good name if the club was actually concerned about representing Melbourne.

It isn't the franchise name, its our name, the supporters. We are from Melbourne and we remember our history. The name at the moment is an empty container, it'll gain meaning and history through our support just as Yarraside did.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Like the name. It's growing on me already! The logo isn't great but has the potential to be made into something awesome. Just needs a few changes, with the main one for me being the editing of the heart so it doesn't look so cheesy. 

I also agree with the post from jparaga, whereby it was a bit overkill incorporating the heart and the red and white stripes in one. Maybe just one or the other would be fine. 

Also definitely make the badge look darker. Whether it be using a darker shade of red or whatever, but the logo is way too bright and I think that's what makes it look cheesy. 

All in all, I'm assuming that the logo was designed quite quickly and without much time for editing so considering that fact, it's a great start and with a few changes it can be something we all can be proud of. 

Melburnians 1847 older than football itself.

That's another thing I forgot to mention. 

I'm not a huge fan of the 1847. This supporter group has just been created, as has Melbourne City FC. There's no history behind them yet and so putting 1847 in the logo seems to me like a weak attempt at pretending there is heaps of history behind the club and the group. 

I'd much rather see 2014 there, as that is when this group was created. 

But in the end I'll be there supporting the team and the group no matter what the name and badge, so this is all just advice. 

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the guy that designed the logo- I know you're on here. It's actually a good logo just a bit too bright and happy for an active support gang perhaps.

agreed. When you convert it to black on white and white on black it actually looks stylish. I think it's the bright colours that freaks people.

I think its also the shape of the love heart as such.. The original Melbourne heart logo steered clear from such a bubbly round heart I think if we want to incorporate the heart we should do the same! I also think if we want to involve the heart as well as the red and white stripes we should do one or the other.. Having the heart obviously shows the Melbourne heart heritage I think making the red so predominant in the logo is a bit of an overkill

At the terrace meeting that was held, the consensus view was that the terrace should remain predominantly red and white, but not exclude the sky blue completely. If the outcome of the discussion on colours at that meeting had been different then the colours in the logo/badge would obviously reflect that.

Regarding the shape of the heart, during the process and discussion surrounding the design, this shape heart was chosen because it was different to the MHFC logo and the heart shapes on the Melbourne City logo. The importance of emphasising our independence from the club by not using the same shape heart was brought up. Again, this was the view of the majority of people involved.

We are a laughing stock on Facebook atm, things must change asap

No matter what was put up there would be people trying to ridicule it. Believe me, if people on Facebook had their way no one would turn up to anything and both club, terrace and league would be a schmozzle
  • Like 2