Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

This is absolutly rediculous. How can the people who carried on about being the same as Sydney and or Nsw think this is any better?

How can you not see that it is better? It retains red and vertical stripes and our away kit is red and white. 

Edited by Alexxandro

The new Home Kit for Melbourne City FC combines the white from the Club’s previous kit designs with the signature blue of its sister clubs in Manchester and New York. The new Away Kit for Melbourne City FC celebrates the Club’s history, the wishes of its existing fan base and the red and white that remains at the heart of its identity.

The Home and Away kits for Melbourne City FC have been designed by Nike, which has been announced as the Club’s official on-field kit supplier.

Melbourne City FC is also pleased to announce existing partner HOSTPLUS as its new back-of-shirt sponsor.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/City-Football-Group-Confirms-Name-Change-To-Melbourne-City-FC/90757

White and blue home.

Red and white away.

Edited by Baresi

What the? 

The bit about retaining the white from the original kit is a bit disingenuous. 

From Heart email:

The Home Kit combines the white from the Club’s original kits with the signature blue of its sister clubs in Manchester and New York.  The Away Kit celebrates the Club’s history with its red and white stripes. Both will be available for order in advance of the upcoming season.

i know this is unpopular around here...

but i like both strips, i like nike as the kit manufacturer

i like that there remains the red and white stripes and we may well get to wear them against victory.

and i am happy that there appears to be a club with an identity which is not victory's for me to support.

• Like 1

So what's the red & black about?

I'm quite sure it would have been whispers about the new home kit being 'City's away kit' and 2+2=5.

Obviously it would be absolutely ridiculous to get a knock back on the sky blue and go with red and black stripes instead.

If they had substituted the navy stripe for red, today's announcement would have been 10/10 from me. Very exciting. The logo looks fantastic, as well.

The home kit was always going to have sky blue in it somehow. Even the most optimistic person knew thjat was going to happen.

I like both new strips. Change is hard to accept to some, but can only hope now that this has occured, we can get on with trying to get some success for once.

Edited by Heart_fan

Even though it wasn't obviously designed for us being their third kit, I am very happy there is dark blue next to the light blue. The dark blue being our (VIC) colour balances out the NSW feeling of just sky blue.

Works ok for me.

Solution is to take current Red&White home strip and buy new badge and velcro it over the top of the old badge and wear gear to home matches. Guess will get thrown out by AAMI secos on a count of trying to cause crowd unrest :P

You do realise the new away strip is red and white right? 

Like everyone else here I'd prefer if the red and white was the home kit, but I'm happy overall

Home kit actually looks class

Plus we've got Nike who are the best in the business supplying our merchandise now which is a huge stepup from Kappa, ISC etc.

Solution is to take current Red&White home strip and buy new badge and velcro it over the top of the old badge and wear gear to home matches. Guess will get thrown out by AAMI secos on a count of trying to cause crowd unrest :P

Absolutely! What's wrong with wearing traditional colours at home matches?  Would seem like a nice touch by foundation members of the old defunct club ;)

Absolutely! What's wrong with wearing traditional colours at home matches?  Would seem like a nice touch by foundation members of the old defunct club ;)

He's saying you won't need velcro.

Still calling them Melbourne heart. Fuck Melbourne city, you'll always be heart to me.

Following a lengthy consultation with many of our members, partners and other stakeholders.

What consultation was this? Did people i miss out on a survey or something?

Edited by kingofhearts

No I just meant that you could just wear the new away strip to the home games rather than stitching on the new logo... But I think I was just taking your post too seriously. My mind is not functioning properly with all this news. 

He's saying you won't need velcro.

hahaha, yes but if I'm a tight arse and couldn't be fooked forking out for a new shirt with the new badge