Melbourne Football

What jerseys colours do we favour next season irrespective of the franchise name?

belaguttman

Club colours from next season?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What colours do we want to play in from next season irrespective of the franchise name?

• Red & White - same home jersey and away jersey designs
    • Red & White but new home jersey and away jersey designs
    • change of colours home and away
    • different home colours but red and white away colours
    • Red & White home jersey but different away colours

The main colours should be Red & White.

Our home jersey has barely changed over the past 4 seasons, so I don't mind if it changes fundamentally next season.

I don't so much mind what our away jersey looks like, or what colours it is, as long as it is well designed (and it isn't something stupid, like navy blue, of course).

All Heart supporters "real supporters" should welcome this unbelievable news released this morning. This is the way forward for our club and success will come with all it's glory. I personally don't care about a name change or potential colour change, the reason I support the heart has nothing to do with those detail elements. It's because I identify myself with a club that has big ambitions to take on the so called bigger clubs in Australia. Now that the takeover has finally happened we as a football club and passionate supporters we are, are in a strong position to not only conquer the A-League but also Asia..

From day 1 I said the Heart should aim to be the first club to win the Asian Champions League now we can...

• Like 2

Doesn't bother me.

I just don't want to see us in a Home blue / sky blue kit. If Sydney were not sky blue I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I still think a red and white kit would be kept for Home matches. If anything, I'd like to see more white than red (white socks and shorts).

It's all details in the end so who cares  :lol:

• Like 1

I honestly feel we need to stay red & white and that's what I voted for (with a new away kit).

The Away Kit doesn't matter too much to me, I expect those to change over time as teams often vary them to sell more kits and pull some more revenue in, doesn't bother me.

I like the design above (with the cross), very nice!

EDIT: Perhaps we should start a petition or something in advance asking that we don't change our club colours? They might not even be thinking of doing it but it wouldn't hurt to let them know where we stand.

Edited by King Malta

I feel our home top will stay red and white. Man City are interested in making an awesome team and development system. Not just to make a city clone. I think they will do research and find out what the fans want first. We may only have 7000ish members, but those 7k are still important and aren't going to be replaced overnight if they really piss people off by scraping everything from our current identity.
They're not silly.

• Like 1

hey guys,

i posted this a while back when a name change was on the cards. if you ignore the melburnians tag on the logo and just change it to melbourne city  i think this could be a really cool way to rebrand the club yet keep some of its history. while also enhancing the links with the city of melbourne!

"in the logo i've got the club name Melburnians FC in a shield with the "red cross" of the melbourne coat of arms (with crown). 

in the bottom two quadrants i have a heart (reference to the founding name) and an old school football (for traditional looking purposes).

the founding year is in a banner down the bottom."

I'm just throwing around ideas here, what do you guys think? also have a kit that i drew up too.

check out the link

http://soundtapes.tumblr.com/post/74273170887

i would like a bat to be incorporated onto the new logo.

but home kit must stay the same.

that's the kind of stuff that needs to be said to the club when they ask.

Make sure everyone makes their own voice heard! It's the biggest thing to ever happen to the club

2vjtyjs.png

I was looking at some Nike templates and I remembered that City uses this for their third kit. As I said, I want us to keep the red and white stripes, but I am open to a Sky Blue away kit. This is just a quick 2 minute mockup haha but I wanted to combine the blue with red and white.

• Like 4

2vjtyjs.png

I was looking at some Nike templates and I remembered that City uses this for their third kit. As I said, I want us to keep the red and white stripes, but I am open to a Sky Blue away kit. This is just a quick 2 minute mockup haha but I wanted to combine the blue with red and white.

It would be tricky if you played SFC in Sydney

I hope we get Nike kits next season, I wouldn't mind something like Newcastle Utds home shirt even though it's Puma. Red stripes with a Blue pinstripe in each if Blue must be in the kit (Just to preserve the Heart look), Red shorts, Red socks with a blue hoop at the elastic part. I'll make a mock-up later
Hope it looks good as I imagined

2vjtyjs.png

That's what third-kits are for :)

• Like 1

2vjtyjs.png

Home kit in Sydney then! :P

2vjtyjs.png

That's what third-kits are for :)

Nothing to do with the mock up but those colours look horrible together. 

If we had to change to sky blue I would like sky blue and black. My main preference is to keep red and white which I see happening. 

manchester_city_1895-1896.gif

• Like 1