Melbourne Football

What jerseys colours do we favour next season irrespective of the franchise name?

belaguttman

Club colours from next season?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What colours do we want to play in from next season irrespective of the franchise name?

• Red & White - same home jersey and away jersey designs
    • Red & White but new home jersey and away jersey designs
    • change of colours home and away
    • different home colours but red and white away colours
    • Red & White home jersey but different away colours

I keep hearing from the "mother country" how things will be good. This makes me worried. I reckon what most of us supporters don't want is to be treated as a play thing by the good sheik and his entourage and for the FFA to go along with their wishes against the feelings of supporters.

It's clear that Sydney based Lowy masterminded this deal in the best interests of the HAL. Will that also line up with what fans are prepared to support down here in Melbourne? I'm really excited that we have a great opportunity of getting out of the mire we have dug ourselves into but am also looking for signs pretty soon that the new owners will hold fan forums to get input before embarking on changes that may alienate people. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with that :)

New owners would certainly push for the connection to MCFC/sky blue brand.

1nyza8.png

This is where I get concerned. All these MCFC fans are telling us not to worry the new owners will listen too us. Then in the next breath they are saying they will push the blue brands onto us. 

Im not too sure we will mate. Will you end up with City blue as an away kit? I will wager yes but i honestly believe that as fans, if you want to keep the traditional home kit then it will remain. I will say it again. Our owner is all about the fans, the community they live in and the club that plays in that community.

Just look to the future though mate as it now belongs to all you heart fans.

998_zps62e8b372.png

Even though I will vote to have the home kit fully red and white, that does look sexy hahaha

I like that home top design, but what compromise I'd be happy to see is home kit, predominately white, with red stripes. Get rid of the blue socks and instead have blue shorts. Red n white hooped socks.

Away kit is fine but better with charcoal shorts and same for third kit with white shorts!

I keep hearing from the "mother country" how things will be good. This makes me worried. I reckon what most of us supporters don't want is to be treated as a play thing by the good sheik and his entourage and for the FFA to go along with their wishes against the feelings of supporters.

It's clear that Sydney based Lowy masterminded this deal in the best interests of the HAL. Will that also line up with what fans are prepared to support down here in Melbourne? I'm really excited that we have a great opportunity of getting out of the mire we have dug ourselves into but am also looking for signs pretty soon that the new owners will hold fan forums to get input before embarking on changes that may alienate people. Fingers crossed.

Un cross those fingers mate as there is no need.

You are in the very best hands possible.

Why are we incorporating blue in our colours?

Isn't a name change enough?

Isn't running every aspect if the club according to new owners enough?

Why do we have to change our home kit to blue?

Or even away kit too.

Fine......if sky blue is so precious, incorporate it in the third kit.

We got enough blue colours in a league!

Revamp designs with new logos but leave red&white ALONE!!

• Like 3

Why are we incorporating blue in our colours?

Isn't a name change enough?

Isn't running every aspect if the club according to new owners enough?

Why do we have to change our home kit to blue?

Or even away kit too.

Fine......if sky blue is so precious, incorporate it in the third kit.

We got enough blue colours in a league!

Revamp designs with new logos but leave red&white ALONE!!

Way toooo much positive talk from folk who don't live here. Many of us have seen and heard enough management talk to know that you don't trust the positive hype until you've seen it happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and want investment in our club and respect from the new owners for the fans but not for us to bend over and have us as merely small time clones of MCFC, colours and all. That would be a smack in the face for Australian football and local fans.

2vjtyjs.png

I was looking at some Nike templates and I remembered that City uses this for their third kit. As I said, I want us to keep the red and white stripes, but I am open to a Sky Blue away kit. This is just a quick 2 minute mockup haha but I wanted to combine the blue with red and white.

If we had to change our kit, this is what it should be changed too. Bloody brilliant.

I'd run out of likes at the time you posted this. Agree. If we have to change our kit, this is quite superb - combines our heritage with the new order.

The other possibility I like would be along the lines of the Paraguay colours - red-and-white striped jerseys but with blue shorts - in their case dark blue shorts but we could have the sky blue. Not sure what their socks are, but again sky blue with red and white bands at the top would be great.

Let's keep an open mind on this everyone. The City CEO has pledged to listen and learn, and we should do the same before digging our heels in.

Edited by jw1739

2vjtyjs.png

I was looking at some Nike templates and I remembered that City uses this for their third kit. As I said, I want us to keep the red and white stripes, but I am open to a Sky Blue away kit. This is just a quick 2 minute mockup haha but I wanted to combine the blue with red and white.

If we had to change our kit, this is what it should be changed too. Bloody brilliant.

I'd run out of likes at the time you posted this. Agree. If we have to change our kit, this is quite superb. All class

With the same colour shorts and socks. I like this for an away kit.

2vjtyjs.png

I'd run out of likes at the time you posted this. Agree. If we have to change our kit, this is quite superb. All class

haha you all have bad taste. those colours look shocking together 

We need to take a strong stand as supporters against Sky Blue. You don't grow a club in Melbourne by adopting NSW colours and you don't win over a group of supporters whose motto is "Melbourne is Red and White" by changing them to sky blue, even if its "only" the away strip.

Frankly if they were dead set on sky blue, they should have made Scum Fc an offer they couldn't refuse.

On top of that we don't have much at Heart but we do have our red & white. You take that and we have nothing.

I intend to write to the club and Manchester City saying exactly that. I encourage everyone else who loves the club to do the same.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN RED

• Like 1

Too many of you guys are prepared to Just bend over and take it from the Rear ...

All because of Money !!!! and potential o success .

This is still your Club, why some of you would accept Name Change and colour change is beyond Me

If you just accept changes all round it will be a case of - MHFC 2009 - 2014 - Honours Zero

and MCFC take over .

Come on guys, it should be - MHFC 2015 Winners

We have to keep some Identity

Keep The Heart

What identity are you talking about?

Being joint record holders of the longest losing streak in Australian footballing history?

Constantly breaking even?

Having an all time winning percentage of 26%?

Not winning an away game out of Melbourne since 2011?

Providing substandard training facilities to players as well as the continue buying of substandard players?

We are at the moment, the worst professional sporting club in Australia and need a major shake up, if that means these new owners see fit to change the name and colors let them do there job. See Manchester City as an example of how these blokes work. They come in, spend money and create championship clubs.

In a perfect world would we like to keep our colors and the name? Hell yeah i would. But please, lets give these blokes a chance first before we start jumping up and down.

( BTW i don't think we will lose our colors due to the amount of blue teams in the comp already. Also i don't believe that selling a handful of youth players does not make up for any of the negatives I've published above. I could've gone on and on, with the negatives. I will Say that I can kind of see where diehardred is coming from in a way.

Ok your points are spot on and all we've had is beyond shit times with this club since day one, but wouldn't It Feel so much better that we went through that and come out winning titles as Melb Heart. Would feel like it was all worth it.

I've started to deal with the possible name change cause of the benefits it will bring to the club, but I would love nothing more than this club to be holding up that toilet seat being crowned Champions under the same banner we all started supporting this club under.

As Melb Heart

• Like 1

I don't intend to give up red and white without a fight.

I am very open to the idea of the name change being Melbourne City.

The two non negotiable with me is we stay in Melbourne and our colors are red and white.

They have said they will listen. So as fans we have to give them something to listen too.

I suppose it all depends on how much you think colours define a club. I think we are more than colours and a name and think keeping the same home colours and having a different away kit is a good compromise.

As a Man City fan I haven't and won't vote in your poll as that would plainly just be wrong.

Does your wish to stay with red and white go beyond the colour of the shirt?  I like your third kit with the red, white and black.  That combination of colours works for me and can be quite City-like given our famous red and black kit.  Or how about something like the Atletico Madrid strip with red and white top (striped in their case) and blue (but slightly paler blue, not necessarily all the way to sky blue) shorts?

City of Melbourne's flag is Red and White:

city-of-melbourne-flag-websm.jpg melbourne-heart-150710.jpg

Victoria's (the Australian state Melbourne is the capital City of) colours is navy blue usually marked with the "Big V":

B_Fevola_Vic_a.jpg 423662-melbourne-victory-sponsored-by-in

So Melbourne Victory FC, being the first A-League club in Melbourne adopted Victoria's colours, whereas Melbourne Heart, entering the A-League 5 years later and seen the "heart of Melbourne" adopted the City of Melbourne's colours.

One of the many problems up until now is that our owners had been running Heart on a shoestring budget and locating our training base out in Bundoora (La Trobe University grounds out in the sticks) or Epping (where we currently train) out in the bush! I'm really hoping with our new wealthy owners we build a training base in the heart of the city which will be easily accessible by all Melburnians  :wub:

I don't intend to give up red and white without a fight.

I am very open to the idea of the name change being Melbourne City.

The two non negotiable with me is we stay in Melbourne and our colors are red and white.

They have said they will listen. So as fans we have to give them something to listen too.

I'm also happy to become Melbourne City 'the heart' (the two tie in together)

But we must remain red and white. It's the colours of the Melbourne flag. We can be owned by Manchester, but must remain a representative of MELBOURNE the city !! 

Also they have said they want to listen so they make the right decisions. They also want to invest in melbourne. They probably have some idea how people will feel or are feeling now. We'll probably end up being shocked how receptive they are haha. 

melbourne-kits.jpg

Love your work mate, the logo's a bit meh, but i really like the tops.

I think we're all going to have to accept that there is going to be some blue incorporated on the kit, but as long as we still have red and white as our main colours i can live with that. 

I could go for this.

One of the many problems up until now is that our owners had been running Heart on a shoestring budget and locating our training base out in Bundoora (La Trobe University grounds out in the sticks) or Epping (where we currently train) out in the bush! I'm really hoping with our new wealthy owners we build a training base in the heart of the city which will be easily accessible by all Melburnians  :wub:

U-WOT-M8.jpg

Haha whilst Epping is far away for me I hardly think the Northern Suburbs counts as the bush ;) Now, if we were training in Ballan or something that would be the bush haha.

U-WOT-M8.jpg

Being a country boy I always chuckle at people saying outer melbourne is the bush :P

I'm in bendigo an I don't even class us as the bush really haha

Edited by thedukeofhearts
  • Like 1

Dukes, it's easier for many of us to find our way to your place than it is to Epping. Seriously. Might take a bit longer, but a lot easier.

hahaha yeah I know. I love the practice matches at epping. It's easier for me. I get a good giggle when other guys I know have had to drive through all the traffic to get there. I'm back home before some of them !! Welcome to my world bitches !!! :P

Although in saying that you guys might actually get to Albury faster and easier because we need to travel across crappy country roads before we get to the freeway :(

Pardon a clueless Pom if you would, and could you please explain the difference between the sticks and the bush? I thought they were both terms for being out in the countryside?