Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Given the fact that Sydney FC have lodged a formal complaint after meeting with MCFC representatives basically tells us all we need to know.

Whether we like it or not, it's going to happen.  Whatever they decide, I hope the do it quickly, I don't want this to drag through the off season and become a major distraction for the club, players and fans.

While I will prefer to stay with the R&W, if it changes, I'm sticking with the club.  Given the huge social and economic emphasis that MCFC invest in women's, children's, and low socio-economic football programs, the club will still stand for the fundamentals that I believe in. BTW, I'm a NUFC supporter in the EPL.

They're just protesting the use of sky blue in general, not a specificly a sky blue kit, emblem, etc.

Barlow only said, "we're extremely concerned about the proposed use of sky blue..." So take that as you want.

Pearce told the FRG that City understands Melbourne Heart is Red and White, they want to avoid the situation at Cardiff and they believe it will reach an outcome which will please most Heart fans.

For me, none of that indicates well be playing in a predominantly sky blue strip, at least not at home.

I am sorry but this sounds like the blind faith of a atheist who is determined to believe in nothing with nothing to confirm such a belief. You are griping to some carefully worded lip service given to the Fan Representative Group.

We have both senior Soccer Writers at News Ltd and Fairfax (Who travelled to Manchester) saying a bid has been made to the FFA to change the Home Shirt Colours.

And we now have SFC putting in an official complaint after meeting with Man City.

I highly doubt they would care about us wearing Sky Blue as an Away Strip (Kind of like MV does now) or having these colours on our shield because this would hardly make us the Sky Blues.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I was talking to someone at work about this not so long ago and we touched on the fact we may have to accept some kind of compromise. He asked me how I would feel if they changed the colours but kept the name. I broke out into a cold sweat and was gripped by panic. It had not occurred to me this may be something that is considered!

This would be worst case scenario for me

• Like 1

I was talking to someone at work about this not so long ago and we touched on the fact we may have to accept some kind of compromise. He asked me how I would feel if they changed the colours but kept the name. I broke out into a cold sweat and was gripped by panic. It had not occurred to me this may be something that is considered!

This would be worst case scenario for me

Agree as I want to retain our colours, but I don't think they'd keep the name Heart. Originally I wasn't happy with the name Heart, but it has grown on me. I'd expect the name Heart to linger on for a few years with the original members and supporters, but newcomers to the club with easily adopt the new name, whatever it is. Most names of new clubs take years to become accustomed to, especially in long established comps like AFL and NRL.

I thought Melbourne Storm was a weak name many years ago, and although I have no interest in NRL, I easily recognise the name Storm now. Considering that we have several teams named Melbourne (Heart, Storm, Rebels, Victory and Demons) our new name needs to identify who we are. For CFG to rebrand us to a name other than Melbourne City makes little sense to me. The name City would push our club forward in the media and would generate publicity for our new owners.

Hopefully we'll retain red and white in some form. Much has been written about our owners and the colours sky blue, but has anyone given any thought to the minor party in the partnership that bought us, i.e. the Melbourne Storm owner? When you mix red and blue you get purple  :D

• Like 2

That would make ZERO sense if they want to align their family of teams.

Not really. Could be aligned by color. While I personally think it will be name change and color change, I was just pointing out that it may be something they have thought about.

Okay maybe not zero sense but I'm sure the they realise that the most important thing to get unified is the names. Manchester City, New York City, Melbourne Heart... doesn't really sound like a family of teams.

That would make ZERO sense if they want to align their family of teams.

Not really. Could be aligned by color. While I personally think it will be name change and color change, I was just pointing out that it may be something they have thought about.

Okay maybe not zero sense but I'm sure the they realise that the most important thing to get unified is the names. Manchester City, New York City, Melbourne Heart... doesn't really sound like a family of teams.

Families sometimes have children outside of marriage... Heart could be the hot sister-in-law  :up:

• Like 5

While I remember, for everyone who was hoping that Man City buying us meant finally getting a w-league team, this was sort of addressed at the Women with Heart afternoon tea - Ash Brown was a guest speaker (for those that don't know her, she plays for Victory w-league and was playing for the Matildas before doing her ACL (twice, seriously there are too many ACLs in women's football)) and she mentioned that there wasn't much depth in the Victory squad as it was so she didn't think Melbourne could support two w-league teams. And then Bolton agreed with her and mentioned that FFV and FFA were also concerned about that :(. So bad news there, although that was not an official statement from the club.

This is easily fixed.  We offer a pay rise to the entire squad and then they come play in OUR W-League team.

Done.

Its bullshit to have FFV fund a team for the 'tards.  i have players buying 'tards shirts because its the only team they can play for.  Needs to be sorted quickly.

• Like 1

Manchester City and Paris St-Germain are poised to be punished by Uefa’s Club Financial Control Body, which was created to police “greed, reckless spending and financial insanity” in European football and will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday to make its first decisions on which clubs will be prosecuted.

City and PSG are understood to be among fewer than 20 teams under threat of a sanction and, unless dramatic new evidence emerges in the next 48 hours to support their claims they have played by the rules, they are on course to be hit hardest of all.

The nature and degree of any punishment will be determined in the coming days but it is understood neither team will be faced with expulsion from the Champions League.

The sanction is far more likely to be either a heavy fine or transfer embargo to prevent their mega-rich owners adding to two of the most expensive squads in history.

Such a punishment could hardly come at a worse time for City, who remain at the centre of one of the most thrilling three-horse title races English football has seen and will be desperate to avoid any distractions in their final six games of the season.

They declined to comment on Monday night on the status of the CFCB’s probe into their finances, PSG did not respond to requests for comment, while Uefa refused to comment on the identities of any team in danger of being punished.

Yes, hence why they are buying Melbourne Hearts. I've just heard from a close source in Manchester that Man City bought Melbourne Hearts so it could charge them money for services, player loans and scouting. Therefore, it will show up on there accounts that it was bringing money to the club and not just spending and therefore get around the FIFA fair play rules. If you think about another reason to our takeover is, changing the colours and name can only mean one thing for City's owners..... more money. Fans and day trippers here will spend thousands on new kits and other stuff as Red / white is no more.How many of you fans are going to wear a Heart FC shirt next season??? None i guess. Therefore, the income of Melbourne City FC merchandise on City's accounts will also support them against FIFA rules....If they do get found guilty (which i doubt the blue scum vermin's will), then i presume they will be out of Europe CL and banned from transfer's. As ive always said......Money cant buy success, earn it first buy winning you grotty sugar daddy twats.

. Fans and day trippers here will spend thousands on new kits and other stuff as Red / white is no more.How many of you fans are going to wear a Heart FC shirt next season??? None i guess. 

I think you'll find that we aren't just mindless consumers of product no matter how it's marketed. I won't be wearing any blue to the football, I have lots of red that I'll wear until it wears out many years from now. Why on earth would I want to buy blue jerseys?

• Like 1

. Fans and day trippers here will spend thousands on new kits and other stuff as Red / white is no more.How many of you fans are going to wear a Heart FC shirt next season??? None i guess. 

I think you'll find that we aren't just mindless consumers of product no matter how it's marketed. I won't be wearing any blue to the football, I have lots of red that I'll wear until it wears out many years from now. Why on earth would I want to buy blue jerseys?

Erm, right, ok then. Maybe i should of gone to specsavers as im sure i keep seeing people at the ground with Melbourne Heart Jerseys, scarfs and hats on!!

SIM, the only way i will EVER wear sky blue is if the undertaker has dressed me!

If you look around the forum you'll see a number of us have pledged, that in the event we actually go to matches next year (and that is by no means a foregone conclusion), we will wear red and white "Cardiff Fan Style".  Many (most?) of us will either walk or severely downgrade our level of support over this.  Why you have assumed we are all for it is beyond me.  I doubt there will be many who will buy jerseys etc.   If I did it would be for only one reason.

Just because you are a Man Utd supporter don't assume you are hardest hit.  For Queenslanders like myself its hard to imagine a more bitter and evil blow.  (lucky they didn't buy Roar, the board/managent/unfortunate passerbys would probably get torn apart during the city wide riot the day they presented the new jerseys)

Erm, right, ok then. Maybe i should of gone to specsavers as im sure i keep seeing people at the ground with Melbourne Heart Jerseys, scarfs and hats on!!

i will go to a few games, with my red and white.  

If I walk away not giving a rats, I won't go anymore, my live football will be the local VPL team, and the Socceroos.

• Like 1

Of course you will, I'll be one of them

Of course you will, I'll be one of them

You missed the point, he is saying that everyone are because they have lapped up the merchandise of the club.

• Like 1

I understand the point, they bought red and white because they wanted to, they'll only replace them with blue because they want to not because they are available.

If they hand out blue tops at the first game next season I will take one, no issue.

Free rag for next time I decide to change oil on my red car

Edited by Jestr

We have both senior Soccer Writers at News Ltd and Fairfax (Who travelled to Manchester) saying a bid has been made to the FFA to change the Home Shirt Colours.

Are you actually suggesting that journalists always act in the best interests of their readers by writing the truth? That they couldn't possibly be stating an opinion that might be wrong, or that they may just be sensationalising the subject in order to gain extra readers or hits on their website?

Speaking of blind.....

I understand the point, they bought red and white because they wanted to, they'll only replace them with blue because they want to not because they are available.

If they hand out blue tops at the first game next season I will take one, no issue.

Free rag for next time I decide to change oil on my red car

I am thinking of a less kind use. 

• Like 1

Are you actually suggesting that journalists always act in the best interests of their readers by writing the truth? That they couldn't possibly be stating an opinion that might be wrong, or that they may just be sensationalising the subject in order to gain extra readers or hits on their website?

Speaking of blind.....I think you are one of many PPL on here mate who needs to realise just because u don't like what your reading doesn't automatically make it Sensational Journalism :up:

Edited by cadete

Speaking of blind..... I think you are one of many PPL on here mate who needs to realise just because u don't like what your reading doesn't automaticly make it Sensationalism. :up:

No, I don't. I understand there are many things I don't like that are facts. I also understand that the media, especially in the case of, but not limited to the Herald Scum, are in the business of making money and pushing the agenda of the person who owns it. They often do this by fabricating 'news' in an attempt to cause outrage, resulting in more attention, and in the end more money!

Mate, if all these Media Outlets were all publishing Mistruths then why haven't Man City, The FFA or SFC asked them to make retractions?

It terms of colours changing they are publishing opinions on what they think will happen, not facts(The Sydney objection would be the only fact in this issue). You can't ask for retractions for someones opinion. Not that I think that CFG care what Lynch and co think.

Cadete

City won't complain to the media unless they are being libelled.

This is a source of frustration to all City fans when they read things that are really made up bullshit

Now I have no idea if this article is accurate or not

However, the bit that surprises me is them saying City representatives met with Sydney to ask about the colour change. This doesn't seem plausible to me. If they want to change colours they will only talk with the people who can decide that. From what people on here are saying that is the FFA.

If we do transition to sky blue, I'll still go.  My children are too in love with the club and the game to walk. It will be a hard pill to swallow, but it's just a hurdle that I will get over.  Each man to himself however, and each can take whatever action he deems necessary.  Though I think I have an obligation as a football fan to support the A-league, and given that Victory is for a bunch of Millwall-wannabee-thugs, I would never turn to them.

I've had too many good memories over the past four seasons (as crazy as it sounds) to walk.

• Like 6

Being a touch facetious here but given that Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain are from the Catalan and Basque regions, perhaps if they do change our colours then as a tank you gift we should give them something from Real Madrid. Or perhaps a tifo that the basques and catalans will always be part of the Kingdom of Castile...

Sheikh Mansour would be happy at least..He supported Real Madrid long before he bought City, the Real Madrid president is actually a friend of his that often visit him in Abu Dhabi :lol:

'Real Madrid wishes to inform: that Real Madrid president Mr Florentino Perez has had a great friendship for many years with His Highness, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan,' read a statement on the Real Madrid website.

'And that the so-called interest and the existence of any offer to acquire Real Madrid are false. His Highness has always shown tremendous respect for the club and understands that Real Madrid belongs to its members.'

Sheikh Mansour, who is reportedly a Real Madrid supporter, is president of Abu Dhabi's Al Jazira Club, where he set up a twinning agreement with the Spanish

giants in 2005.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239222/Manchester-City-owner-Sheikh-Mansour-buy-1bn-euros-insist-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz2zAnPw5I7

Being a touch facetious here but given that Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain are from the Catalan and Basque regions, perhaps if they do change our colours then as a tank you gift we should give them something from Real Madrid. Or perhaps a tifo that the basques and catalans will always be part of the Kingdom of Castile...

Sheikh Mansour would be happy at least..He supported Real Madrid long before he bought City, the Real Madrid president is actually a friend of his that often visit him in Abu Dhabi :lol:

'Real Madrid wishes to inform: that Real Madrid president Mr Florentino Perez has had a great friendship for many years with His Highness, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan,' read a statement on the Real Madrid website.

'And that the so-called interest and the existence of any offer to acquire Real Madrid are false. His Highness has always shown tremendous respect for the club and understands that Real Madrid belongs to its members.'

Sheikh Mansour, who is reportedly a Real Madrid supporter, is president of Abu Dhabi's Al Jazira Club, where he set up a twinning agreement with the Spanish

giants in 2005.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239222/Manchester-City-owner-Sheikh-Mansour-buy-1bn-euros-insist-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz2zAnPw5I7

Then its a win win situation - we annoy the managers without annoying the man with the cash!

• Like 1

If we do transition to sky blue, I'll still go.  My children are too in love with the club and the game to walk. It will be a hard pill to swallow, but it's just a hurdle that I will get over.  Each man to himself however, and each can take whatever action he deems necessary.  Though I think I have an obligation as a football fan to support the A-league, and given that Victory is for a bunch of Millwall-wannabee-thugs, I would never turn to them.

I've had too many good memories over the past four seasons (as crazy as it sounds) to walk.

Can identify with this  :up: