Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Hi, As a lifelong Man City fan I am lucky enough to be a season ticket holder at the Etihad, I attend all of our home matches in all competitions and even attend some away matches. When we were bought by Sheikh Mansour back in 2008 we were a little worried about our club identity and traditions. However they have listened to the fans, strengthened the club in every department and kept the community around the club alive. Check the new academy being built on the MCFC website, you will not fail to be impressed. Also if you like reading, read the book by by David Conn called Richer than God, Manchester City, Modern Football and Growing up. Once you have read this you will fully understand the reasons for the investment in our clubs. Welcome to the club and I sincerely hope you enjoy the success we have enjoyed in the future.

• Like 1

Yup.. yet another Cityfan here :rolleyes:

I´d like to agree with Doncaster Blue in much, during our takeover we even had the "Sheikhwatch" where we tried to figure out what kind of future disasters we could expect.
They never materialised so nowadays we mainly just try to get a glimpse of the plans for our future.

Just a small point, I´m fairly sure that MCFC Ltd have nothing to do with taking over Heart, MCFC Ltd is what we might call the Manchester branch, there´s a New York branch as well and now one in Melbourne as well.
CFG or City Football Group acts as holding company and own everything really, think of it as a brewery with several brands of beer perhaps

Hi gents, Manchester City fan here.

First of all, welcome to the family.

I am extremely pleased for you all with regards to the takeover. Change is always difficult as it always throws up uncertainties, but as has already been covered by other City fans there really is no need for panic! You are now owned by THE best owner in world football. 

There will be many questions and fears, but rest assured that Sheikh Mansour is a man who never does anything by halves, and the new board WILL listen to the fans. Honour and mutual respect play a huge part in Arabian culture, and the Sheikh has both in bucketfuls. 

When we were taken over, we were shite, truly shite and financially without a pot to piss in. We were going nowhere as a club and had fuck all to look forward to apart from 2 games a season against the rags. Now we stand at the top table of English football, and are respected and feared in Europe.......it's hard to believe that the mighty Barca are shitting themselves at the prospect of playing us in the Champions League. We are about to open a state of the art training complex and academy, and are looking at a superb stadium expansion, all of this complimented by the best side we have ever had the joy to watch. ALL thanks to one man!

So, what I am trying to say is ......you are about to embark on one of the most incredible journeys imaginable. It won't al be plain sailing, but the pros will outweigh the cons. I sincerely hope that our paths will cross in the future on the pitch, and more importantly off it lol. We enjoy nothing more than a few beers and a sing song!

For those worried about losing some of your 'soul' or 'identity'......don't. It will not happen. You are in very safe hands.

Enjoy the ride  :)

• Like 2

Heart fans, Man city supporter welcome to the other side ! I have read all 38/39 pages on this subject and I am not trying to patronise you but I really don't think you have totally grasped the situation you are in now . Sheikh Mansour is not gonna pump a few thousand dollars into you to repaint the dressing rooms you are going to be on a different planet to everyone else in the southern hemisphere that plays football,its a hard concept to get your heads round and one that city fans took awhile to fully understand when it happened to us , a concept that other premier league clubs supporters are only just understanding now . Very soon you will see just how serious these guys are, you are going to change the way football in Australia is played and run in the future, and how it is viewed in the rest of the world, fasten that seatbelt its gonna be fun .

• Like 3

LOVING the Man City fans finding our forum and giving us some insight.

Truely global game isn't it.

That Aguero winner takes on a different meaning for me now.

I don't know how well known this video is or whether it has been posted in this thread already, but it encapsulates totally what that Aguero winner meant to us.

mqdefault.jpg

BTW, if not already seen, check out the Bluemoon forum!

Probably already been mentioned... Rival clubs have mentioned about Heart not being able to get an on field advantage due to the salary cap being in place.

We will however be able to have an open cheque book to throw at an international and Australian marquee. Also is there anything stopping City loaning 3 or 4 high quality youngsters each season with Manchester still covering their wages. Just as has happened this season with Aziz Behich.

LOVING the Man City fans finding our forum and giving us some insight.

Truely global game isn't it.

That Aguero winner takes on a different meaning for me now.

I don't know how well known this video is or whether it has been posted in this thread already, but it encapsulates totally what that Aguero winner meant to us.

mqdefault.jpg

BTW, if not already seen, check out the Bluemoon forum! Holy sheez. 21 pages over there on this topic. That's unreal. Don't know the content but I know what I'll be doing today.

Lol. We don't even have dressing rooms to be painted.

Hahahaha.

For me, welcome to the Manchester City fans and thanks for the posts.

When something happens I like to extensively research the people involved and you guys have just confirmed my positivity.

How any Heart fan can be negative about this is beyond me once you conduct research.

I truly believe the name and logo will change. But not the colors. That's fine with me as a logo gets updated in all codes and the name? Melbourne City FC is just meant to be gives us that point of difference to our rivals. Sounds wicked and more football purist also.

Look, the other owners promised everything but delivered nothing.

These guys will give us everything we talk shit about on this forum everyday. For the sake of adding City to our name and a logo change, it's worth the price.

The best youth academy in Asia. That's on another scale of what we were all wanting. This will be delivered.

State of the art facilities. These guys have stated this is the number one thing they are going to bring.

The best coaches. Again, they said it's what we will have.

36 scouts world wide. No more mistakes with Visa players or marquees only by looking at YouTube videos.

We will still have our family type club. They have said and done with Manchester the very same thing. Built an empire around that family.

I can see nothing but success here. We have gone from the poorest club that rented Provi 3 facilities to the Richest in Asia that will have everything we want.

Call me stupid, but this is a dream. I had to check the news again this morning to see if I just dreamed it all.

This is a very satisfying day for me.

• Like 2

I too welcome our new English memebers. I would like to remind them that sky blue is not just a colour that we might switch too. It is also the colour of NSW, and state rivalries have always been a big deal here.

It would be like this

Alan-Shearer-1804718.jpg

Being changes to this

_66728874_argentina1986-getty.jpg

or this

New-Germany-Kit-2011-2012-Euro.jpg

or this

32-650x426.jpg

its nice to see the excitement here, lots of parellels between the two clubs too, yet again don't worry about re-branding, H.E. Sheikh Mansour shows a lot of respect towards our clubs traditions.

Tbh I think there's a massive opportunity for your(our?) club to grow and grow by what little I know of your domestic football and I'm getting excited myself by it.

As has already been pointed out, you're all perfectly welcome over on www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk if there's any questions or issues you want to discuss, we'll all be happy to help in whatever way we can, although a couple will probably try to take the piss out of you first!

CTID

As much as we all suffered and hurled abuse at sidwell and co. They ran a debt free tight ship which was a major reason city bought us. They deserve a lot of thanks for that. They got their profit and we got a future.

Yes they ran a tight ship, they just forgot that it was a football franchise rather than a traditional business

• Like 1

I would like to echo the sentiments of the other Heart fans and welcome and thank the City fans for coming to our forum.

I personally went to bed feeling a little anxious about this all after being excited all day but reading your accounts of how the Sheik has run City in regards to investment in the Manchester area and into Academies etc. has made me feel more secure in what's happening.

If they really do take that much notice of fans opinions then surely they'll hear ours :)

A fellow MHFC supporter and Collingwood fan has just called me knowing how my mixed emotions must be.

He said if Carlton had bought MHFC and said for example Heart are now "the Blues" he would stop supporting Heart instantly 

Thats my dilemma, its great having a Power house such as City on the board but to change the name to MCFC :(

Keep The Heart

A fellow MHFC supporter and Collingwood fan has just called me knowing how my mixed emotions must be.

He said if Carlton had bought MHFC and said for example Heart are now "the Blues" he would stop supporting Heart instantly

Thats my dilemma, its great having a Power house such as City on the board but to change the name to MCFC :(

Keep The Heart

I think you'll find our shared owners are far from dictators, you will get a chance to discuss it with them, just make sure you add your thoughts to the discussion when you do.

I've had a real good think about what I said previously n I take it all back.

Our name will be a small price to pay for where this club can go.

I think this needed to happen. I think I overreacted in an extreme way.

Don't get me wrong I would still love to stay as Melbourne Heart, but I can deal with the change of it means we become the dominant team in the A League

Owe you a like. The future is so bright!

• Like 1