Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Like others happy for a name change and to be nicknamed "hearts" but will be disappointed if a colour change follows. However as stated above dont think FFA will allow it and it appears as if we will be staying at AAMI.

So freaking excited, can't wait for us to have a fixed training base close to the CBS (fuck off Epping) have a W-League team and have owners that will NOT accept mediocrity.

Buzzing!!!!

C'mon FFA after fucking us over so many times, stay consistent with your complete hunger for control and let us remain Melbourne Heart

Like others happy for a name change and to be nicknamed "hearts" but will be disappointed if a colour change follows. However as stated above dont think FFA will allow it and it appears as if we will be staying at AAMI.

So freaking excited, can't wait for us to have a fixed training base close to the CBS (fuck off Epping) have a W-League team and have owners that will NOT accept mediocrity.

Buzzing!!!!

C'mon FFA after fucking us over so many times, stay consistent with your complete hunger for control and let us remain Melbourne Heart

I would prefer us to retain our name as it is, but if we have to sacrifice that for all the wonderful things the new ownership can deliver then so be it. If we can have both even better!

Buzzing!!!!

I would prefer us to retain our name as it is, but if we have to sacrifice that for all the wonderful things the new ownership can deliver then so be it. If we can have both even better!

Fuck that, it's not worth selling out the little identity we still have for a shiny new marquee

I'd be pissed if the owners would of changed our colours to be honest but they didn't so they might still keep your colours.

If you look throughout alot of Clubs history, they've had different colours and clubs have adopted colours because of other clubs.

Well known example being Juventus wearing their colours due to Notts County, I mean check out our kit history guys:

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm

Beofre we went Sky Blue we wore Black shirts.

The day your club, that claims to be a community club, sells to a foreign club which you despise everything they stand for and will be run by another club from a different code. I'm out.

Lol hope you enjoyed finishing at the bottom of the ladder whilst "engaging with the community" instead of being a football club

We'll now enjoy winning trophies

Bye

• Like 1

The day your club, that claims to be a community club, sells to a foreign club which you despise everything they stand for and will be run by another club from a different code. I'm out.

Lol hope you enjoyed finishing at the bottom of the ladder whilst "engaging with the community" instead of being a football club

We'll now enjoy winning trophies

Bye

Exactly my thoughts.

Perhaps the takeover deal involved a change of name but no colour change....

Any whom the man city CEO said they are spending the next few months listening before they start announcing changes lets hope us fans can get a word in.

I'd hate to be light blue but if it has to be that I want white strips with black shorts and socks

Edited by Dylan

Hi all,

Glad you all seem thrilled with the news.

Just to chip in with an opinion from a Manchester City fan:

- New York City FC has been created by us from the ground up so your team won't necessarily follow suit with the colours etc. Although as we've seen, it seems likely a rebrand of name to Melbourne City is inevitable - Ferran Soriano (our CEO) refers to the 'City group' when talking about our resources that NYCFC and now you will tap into.

- For us Manchester City fans, being bought out by ADUG was like winning the lottery - we were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time but have just been published as 6th in the charts for clubs with highest revenue worldwide (above Chelsea and Arsenal). Our owners are up there with the best in the world, they have not once disappointed us and we have gone from strength to strength. We also have Ferran Soriano (CEO) and Txiki Begiristain (Director of Football) heading our club operations - two of the key figures in the rise of FC Barcelona.

Like some of you have said already, with a few clubs in Aus wearing blue already I'm not sure the colours would be changed to sky blue (although I think with your style of kit it would look great, like Argentina's kit). With you being a very new club I wouldn't fret too much over changes, most clubs worldwide have gone through name changes, logo changes (bit of a trend recently) and colour changes - for example, Manchester City started out as St. Marks (wearing black), then Ardwick FC wearing a darker blue, before evolving into Manchester City FC - it's all part of developing into a club that suits the fans and the local area (even if you might not see it at first). If the name does change to Melbourne City FC take pride in the fact that your club's name represents the city - one of the many tools of banter I'm sure you'll develop in the rivalry with Victory.

Take it from us - you are in for a hell of a good time, just take a look at my profile pic if your unsure!

Best of luck, I'll be sure to stick around and follow the progress of my first A League team :)

Cheers mate -- thanks for the info - much appreciated. 

Pretty buzzed atm. The club is going to be living the good-life. Soriano's shout next game. Club anthem to be temporarily changed to the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQdKouGLoM

Edited by MKD
  • Like 1

Did not see this one coming. Not really going to say i'm stoked for it until we see how the takeover takes place. 'I'm in the happy to change names but want to keep the colours. However, can almost be certain we will be sky blue and MCFC from next season. This is after all one big branding exercise. Doesn't make sense for them to have three clubs owned and have one separate to the core brand. Fuck I hate talking about football like this.