Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Not sure if it has been said before, but as much as I want the new owners to make sweeping changes asap with all aspects of the club, I dont want on any level, the board to make football decisions. We did that once and that was JA. Sure, appoint more in the football department and start searching for a new coach but dont sack and hire players. Because of this, I doubt we will release or sign anyone in the transfer period, because there wont be enough time imo, unless JVS makes the call and probably has an understanding with the new owners that contracts will be paid out if need be.

Doesn't sound like any movement happening

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/291824,heart-boss-not-looking-for-reinforcements.aspx

I'm a little concerned about it now, if its a full take over and clean out... May suggest they will make changes that might change the name, colours or location of the club. I know there is no evidence for that, but a full take over means they could do anything they want

Can fold the club now then if this does not go ahead.

No, what it means is that we as season-ticket-holders and others need to keep the pressure on the club up. OK, so what have we seen since the Munn appeal in November? A rumour about us possibly being sold, Aloisi sacked and Foxe resigned, and a caretaker coach appointed. With 13 matches to go we're wallowing in the mire at the foot of the table, 9 points adrift of Wellington, and 12 of Adelaide.

We've seen two more matches with pretty much the same match-day squad that failed in the first 12 matches. And the same results. There's no indication that we will release any of the non-performers and sign someone new, nor even sign a guest player. Absolutely nothing has been communicated to us about about starting the search for a manager for next season and beyond, and that is simply not good enough in terms of the relationship between the club and its supporters. The silence is deafening.

I believe (haha!) that we are being fobbed off by this "new owners" stuff. And we've fallen for it.

Nothing has changed, and we are being taken for granted. "Fan engagement" at MHFC is complete bullshit.

• Like 1

No, what it means is that we as season-ticket-holders and others need to keep the pressure on the club up. OK, so what have we seen since the Munn appeal in November? A rumour about us possibly being sold, Aloisi sacked and Foxe resigned, and a caretaker coach appointed. With 13 matches to go we're wallowing in the mire at the foot of the table, 9 points adrift of Wellington, and 12 of Adelaide.

We've seen two more matches with pretty much the same match-day squad that failed in the first 12 matches. And the same results. There's no indication that we will release any of the non-performers and sign someone new, nor even sign a guest player. Absolutely nothing has been communicated to us about about starting the search for a manager for next season and beyond, and that is simply not good enough in terms of the relationship between the club and its supporters. The silence is deafening.

I believe (haha!) that we are being fobbed off by this "new owners" stuff. And we've fallen for it.

Nothing has changed, and we are being taken for granted. "Fan engagement" at MHFC is complete bullshit.

Are you saying that we are being played just so we attend games so it doesn't look bad on the club?

We need a large banner that says "SELL THE CLUB TO SOMEONE WHO DEMANDS SUCCESS" and show it prominently every game until the sale

If there is a delay to the final agreement I think it will be the payout figures of the staff that will be let go being negotiated. Sidwell kept going on about in the JA press conference that they will only sell if the clubs interests were at the heart and that probably means staff like Munn and JD. I hope they keep the new fitness guy Ripamonte, so far he has done terrific work and although some of his tweets make me cringe :P I hope he is kept.

Wow! After reading these comments I have to say that we as supporters can not stop putting pressure on the club. What we have done until now is voice our displeasure at the rubbish the club has served beginning with the JA appointment. Also it's a massive risk if the sale of the club does not eventuate after the Newcastle game this Friday night. As a "season ticket holder" I can say they this potential sale Is the only thing left for me to hang onto.

By nature I am a very ambitious person and at the moment the Heart are showing no ambition to achieve anything..

Keep up the pressure on the jokers running the club..

• Like 3

What a saga ...

reminds me of...

"...There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing

Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing

Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing"

... From the one and only Willy Wonka

• Like 2

Davutovic reported yesterday (in the article about Heart's win) that "the imminent sale of the club is also bound to lift morale".

Also, Scott Munn told SBS Radio yesterday pre-game that:

The board has always said, and our statement made it clear, that we will entertain people that want to grow the club and contribute to football. Some parties haven't put that forward, and so we walked away, and there's a party at the moment that we have talked to and will continue to talk to, and look at the end of the day until the deals done nothing will happen.

(https://soundcloud.com/sbsradiosport/melbourne-heart-ceo-scott-munn)

Confusingly and rather annoyingly, Munn also said "At the end of the day, we're not for sale. If you look at WSW, they are for sale".

But I think that's just spin and misdirection, junk Munn indulges in a lot (especially lately). And sometimes he just speaks pure crap like "we have a fantastic board".

As far as I can see, the key words Munn said yesterday were that "the board has always said" that "it will entertain people that want to grow the club". Sidwell and co. are clearly open to selling, but it looks like they don't want to appear eager to sell.

Thankfully, I reckon Davutovic knows his stuff, and the sale will be imminent. 

Edited by Murfy1

Davutovic reported yesterday (in the article about Heart's win) that "the imminent sale of the club is also bound to lift morale".

The board has always said, and our statement made it clear, that we will entertain people that want to grow the club and contribute to football. Some parties haven't put that forward, and so we walked away, and there's a party at the moment that we have talked to and will continue to talk to, and look at the end of the day until the deals done nothing will happen.

Confusingly and rather annoyingly, Munn also said "At the end of the day, we're not for sale. If you look at WSW, they are for sale".

But I think that's just spin and misdirection, junk Munn indulges in a lot (especially lately). And sometimes he just speaks pure crap like "we have a fantastic board".

As far as I can see, the key words Munn said yesterday were that "the board has always said" that "it will entertain people that want to grow the club". Sidwell and co. are clearly open to selling, but it looks like they don't want to appear eager to sell.

So, do we interpret that as indicating that the club is not for sale but that the Board is prepared to take on some additional directors (or some of the existing directors will sell out) taking a stake in the club in order to "grow" it?

As far as I can see that's the only way that both of his statements can be true.

So, do we interpret that as indicating that the club is not for sale but that the Board is prepared to take on some additional directors (or some of the existing directors will sell out) taking a stake in the club in order to "grow" it?

As far as I can see that's the only way that both of his statements can be true.

I recall Sidwell saying Heart would consider selling the club completely if they thought it would 'grow' Heart (he even used that word).

Like with South Melbourne at the start of the season, it looks like the Heart board are trying to stress that they are not keen to sell the club, either partially or wholly (which makes sense, because if it was known that board members wanted out, then the club could likely be bought for a lower price).

I didn't expect Munn to say the board were shit. But calling them 'fantastic' before a match where Heart could have become the league's worst team (in terms of going on the longest winless streak), and when the club tried to give away 1000 tickets to beef up crowd numbers, is delusional. Better not to say anything about the worth and skill of the board.

As I said a week or two a go, I reckon we'll next hear about the sale either when it's announced or on the eve of the sale. And I trust Davutovic, who speaks to Sidwell, when he says it'll happen imminently.

I sat next to a bloke who got a free ticket. He said he's always had a soft spot for Heart but has never got around to going to a match. I told him he's got to keep coming he's good luck! He had a great time, if even only 100 came from free tickets hopefully they're all converted after that performance.

• Like 2

I'd love to know how many Hun readers took up the free offer, the 5000 are really us rusted-on supporters so if things have got so bad that they literally can't give tickets away to watch us then they really must be a fantastic Board :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

5045 attendance = 45 free ticket holders :up:

Instead of giving tickets away to Hun readers how about the inept bastards give them away to current fans, or would that make too much sense? 

I would prefer to see 'age' readers in the fans, they tend do have a bit more substance and  knowledge as opposed to finding out who is dating who, and whats hot and whats not

• Like 1

Dave Davutovic just said we won't be doing anything this January window despite Dmac leaving as the sale is really close and there is no point.

I'm trying to contact a friend who works for the same media and ask him just how close and what's involved. He did state earlier it's a cleanout last time.

Movement must be close.

• Like 2

Dave Davutovic just said we won't be doing anything this January window despite Dmac leaving as the sale is really close and there is no point.

I'm trying to contact a friend who works for the same media and ask him just how close and what's involved. He did state earlier it's a cleanout last time.

Movement must be close.

Ive thought this all along, there wouldnt be enough time for the new owners to do anything in the transfer period