Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

I'm presuming France is in pot 3 as they are the lowest ranked European team? 
I can't see us getting out of the group, doubt we'd beat anyone in the top 8 pot nor would we beat anyone in the European pot. Fucking excited for the draw on the 6th anyway!
Tipping Belgium, the most over hyped national side in recent years to crash and burn and get knocked out in the group stage or round of 16. Uruguay/Argentina to knock out Brazil on route to the final where one of the two will play a European side and will win.  B) 

another fifa farce... Italy (and Holland) in pot 2. 

we will make the top four anyways  :up:

biggest darkhorse is Ivory Coast, even though they wont win it. 

Ivory Coast has been the dark horse in 2006 and 2010, although they've had tough groups can't see them being any better this time around.

Edited by Ritzman

The pots; apart from pot 1 aren't finalised as the teams will be put into pots based on their confederation in order for teams from the same to not be drawn together. But obviously some groups will have to have 2 European teams.

Australia will need a very easy group to get through cos so many countries are dangerous this (next) year as they've all got some great players.

I hope Spain doesn't win and get knocked out early. Belgium will have to live up to their hype and hopefully can go a long way.

My tip is Germany. I think they'll finally win it with such great depth and quality in their side.

Chile and Ecuador will not be drawn with any of the 4 South American teams in pot 1 meaning they'll get one of the four European teams in pot 1. On the other hand France can't be drawn with a European team in pot 1 meaning they'll be draw with one of the four South American teams, apart from that i'm pretty sure it's a random draw.

Australia will need a very easy group to get through cos so many countries are dangerous this (next) year as they've all got some great players.

My tip is Germany. I think they'll finally win it with such great depth and quality in their side.

if Australia scores a goal we should be proud  :up:

i think Germany lack a striker, with Gomez injured and Klose out of form atm....

The defence of Argentina, Holland, Uruagury and possibly even Spain could let them down

i think Germany lack a striker, with Gomez injured and Klose out of form atm....

The defence of Argentina, Holland, Uruagury and possibly even Spain could let them down

Kiessling is easily capable of filling that role.

Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany for most likely semi-finalists (depending on the draw, of course).

Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany for most likely semi-finalists (depending on the draw, of course).

while he is decent (and i did forget about him), is he world class? 

while he is decent (and i did forget about him), is he world class? 

Not top-tier (with the Zlatans, Balotellis, Falcaos and Gomezs of the world), but certainly in the next bracket.

No Zlatan, no care. Won't bother watching the WC this time around.

Was a shame he couldn't make it, harsh to have either Ronaldo or Ibra miss world cup, especially since it would have been Ibra's last WC.

Then you have a team like Honduras making the finals... lol And Iran

Iran has some quality players to be fair to them.

Masoud, Dejagah and Nekounam are all quality, whereas Honduras... well they have Palacios and Figueroa.

Definately not the worst team at the cup, good manager as well, beat Korea twice in qualifying IIRC.

Switzerland is the real doosie IMO. Biggest rort that they are seeded. Praying Croatia draw them.

Iran has some quality players to be fair to them.

Masoud, Dejagah and Nekounam are all quality, whereas Honduras... well they have Palacios and Figueroa.

Definately not the worst team at the cup, good manager as well, beat Korea twice in qualifying IIRC.

Switzerland is the real doosie IMO. Biggest rort that they are seeded. Praying Croatia draw them.

Switzerland and quite good; although definitely don't deserve to be in pot 1.

Most recent FIFA World Rankings have been released, Australia is officially the worst team participating in the World Cup finals in Brazil at 59.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/the-final-fifa-world-rankings-before-world-cup-draw-sees-australia-at-no-59/story-fni2wcjl-1226771032528

Portugal Ronaldo up 9 spots

We all know FIFA rankings are largely meaningless.  The ranking within your confederation is normally reasonable (and showing us as the lowest Asian team to qualify is probably fair enough, considering our struggles) but FIFA haven't come up with an effective way of comparing against other confederations. 

Costa Rica 31st in the world?  Give me a break (and I don't care if that match was a "friendly", no team with quality plays like that with their national jerseys on).

Ecuador 23rd in the world?  Lets see how good they are away from Quito.

• Like 1