Melbourne Football

The Board

Murfy1

I'll refute part of the claim about the financial position being secret .

If a company has a turnover of 20 million, assets of 12 million and  50 employees or more ,( only 2 of the 3 conditions need to be met) then they have to submit  their Financial Statements to ASIC

these financials can be viewed by anyone, for a fee of between $40 to $ 60 approx, depending on what you wish to view

I'd say that Heart has more than 50 employees, I'd hazard a guess at the other amounts though

What you find when you surf the web

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchType=OrgAndBusNm&searchText=Melbourne+Heart&searchTab=search&_adf.ctrl-state=15058gb6hj_58

You'll find two names of interest on the ASIC register, Melbourne Heart FC Pty Ltd and South Melbourne Hearts FC registered in June 2013. So clearly some one/group anticipating change a ownership or just having a laugh.

i called it http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2189-rumour-heart-to-merge-with-sth-melbourne-in-2-years/

What you find when you surf the web

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchType=OrgAndBusNm&searchText=Melbourne+Heart&searchTab=search&_adf.ctrl-state=15058gb6hj_58

You'll find two names of interest on the ASIC register, Melbourne Heart FC Pty Ltd and South Melbourne Hearts FC registered in June 2013. So clearly some one/group anticipating change a ownership or just having a laugh.

i called it http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2189-rumour-heart-to-merge-with-sth-melbourne-in-2-years/

Yeah a strip with a blue "V" makes a lot of sense... 

Agree that Heart's current investors actually hold a lot of wealth.

But at the same time, you don't want investors to just continue to pour money into a club. There's a good argument that if clubs receive too much money, they don't learn how to make the most of what they've got, and they don't learn how to make savvy decisions. Take Sydney FC, for example. They spend way too much money on mediocre squads, and continue to recruit and re-sign poor players, arguably because they have so much money to work with. The same is true of many Middle eastern clubs, that are all awash in money, and consequently overspend on mediocre local players (and persist with re-signing and overpaying them), and when they do bring in foreign talent, they pay several hundred thousand dollars for hacks like Billy Celeski.

At the same time clubs should spend a reasonable amount of money (this isn't an ode to poverty), and new clubs especially should spend a good amount of money during their first few seasons, until these clubs have a stable and successful foundation to build upon.

Whilst the Board are the owners of the club in a legal and financial sense, I'm not sure if the Board realise that in a football sense they aren't the owners, they are the custodians. It's a different perspective that's required to approach the task

• Like 3

My understanding was the owners tipped in $1.5 million to the club, for a profit which was much, much smaller then that. How much should they be willing to spend?

That depends on whether they are running a profit making enterprise or a football club and whether they see their return as a short-term requirement or long-term. So far all the money they have invested is wasted as far as the football goes

My understanding was the owners tipped in $1.5 million to the club, for a profit which was much, much smaller then that. How much should they be willing to spend?

That depends on whether they are running a profit making enterprise or a football club and whether they see their return as a short-term requirement or long-term. So far all the money they have invested is wasted as far as the football goes

To be fair, investing in youth doesn't happen overnight.. So in reality, only 2/3 of the money has been wasted. Plz research

If they say it as an investment I would advise them to sell out immediately and enter a business with a chance to generate a profit.  All football clubs lose money.  If top Premier League clubs lose money, what chance does a small player like Melbourne Heart have?  Frankly they should have known that football, by itself, is not a financial investment.  Its basically a bottomless pit you throw money into.  Its more comparable to a race horse or a yacht.

The only way you can kid yourselves that it helps financially is if it gives you a profile which then helps you make money.  Tony Sage has gone on record that Perth Glory has opened doors for him in Asia and South America - though how much of this is self delusion to justify to himself throwing money at his passion I don't know.

So in answer to your question, i expect them to put in at least $1.5M every year for the first say 4 or 5 years and to never take a cent out.  For this the "dividend" is the profile as a heart board member and owner and the thanks (umm- when things go well) of the fans.  After that perhaps the club will stabilise and break even more or less, or perhaps not.  You can't do it for the money, you have to do it for the love.

Aloisi is not entirely the problem.

The board has alot to answer for.

They have clearly shown they are not serious about running a professional team in this sport.

If they did they would not have the team training at different venues every week.

They would have organised their own facilities instead of hoping that Latrobe Uni would build something on government hand outs.

They wouldn't have sold their best young talent to cut their loses for being clueless.

They wouldn't have had the highest paid coach in the league during seasons 1 and 2.

They would have put Milicic as coach rather than hope the name "Aloisi" was going to put bums on seats.

They would spend less time and energy trying to "engage" the community and more time and energy fielding a team that can compete with the other 9 teams in the competition. 

They would have sacked Munn or Didiuca by now for their incompetence based on the position the club is in.  Munn is on $250K and Didulica is probably not that far behind him but the club finished bottom 2 last season and heading for the trifecta this season.

They would have accepted the offer from SMFC considering they initiated the merger talks.

They would have handed the license back to FFA and allow someone who knows what they are doing to run the club.

Lastly.....been successful in race horses or print media doesn't necessarily make you an expert in football. The original board had Joe Mirabella but he left or they ousted him. He had been involved in this sport for years and years so would know a bit about it but obviously could see that the Heart board were a clueless bunch of millionaires.

Its about time Davutovic and Lynch starts to put the blow torch on them. Never hear from Sidwell at all...does he actually exist?????

Sliding doors:

1. Hire Aloisi on the merit of his 'high-profile', not win away from home for 1.5 season and go the last 12 games without a win.

2. Hire Milicic on the merit of experience, continue JvS's philosophy of promoting youth and playing attractive (total) football, improving on our 6th position last season and fighting for the title this season.

Ahhh the board...what a brilliant decision you have made!

JVS - IN?

Definitely not. If we ever do get around to replacing the moron, it needs to be someone who has had no time at the club whatsoever.

Sure JVS was a manager to get the club started, but our away streak of absolute shite came from him as well...

New blood is needed for the club if we get rid of JA

JVS - IN?

Definitely not. If we ever do get around to replacing the moron, it needs to be someone who has had no time at the club whatsoever.

Sure JVS was a manager to get the club started, but our away streak of absolute shite came from him as well...

New blood is needed for the club if we get rid of JA

I think that we can demand a better coach but still stay respectful to JA. He's trying his best, it's far from good enough and that's why he should go, he isn't doing it on purpose and he isn't a moron :)

• Like 1

Straight from this weeks email

"A message from the CEO"

Dear Alexander,

Over the last two weeks the Club and I have received many emails and letters providing constructive feedback on our team’s current form. We have listened, taken notice and I felt it necessary to reiterate our shared concerns. At Melbourne Heart, we recognise and accept that our start to the season has been unacceptable and we identify with your frustrations. Football is a game which delivers highs and lows in equal measure and we acknowledge that we are experiencing a difficult period on the pitch currently.

The A-League is a competitive league, but at Melbourne Heart we are committed to meeting the highest standards of professionalism on and off the park – and ultimately that means delivering results. We want to win games and we want to be near the top of the table – which I’m sure is a desire shared by all of our members and fans.

You can guarantee that the Club is doing everything possible to turn our current form around. It may not be visible, but we are working hard behind the scenes – and the Club are 100 per cent focussed on achieving a positive result against Adelaide United this Sunday.

Importantly, we appreciate your continued support and your loyalty at this current point in time.

In times of hardship, the Club, our members, fans and players need to stick together and show fight and support – and importantly unite together behind our Red and White.

This Sunday at AAMI Park, I encourage you to show your support and help us secure three vital points.

Yours Sincerely,

Scott Munn

CEO, Melbourne Heart FC

Dave Davutovic has just spoken on the Fox pre game show and said that he spoke to Peter sidwell during the week who was adamant that Aloisi was doing a good job and won't be removed :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I don't believe anything coming out of the club.

So, why the pleading message from Munn and the sob story from Aloisi? Because they're afraid of crowd protests? Because they're afraid of a nearly-empty stadium?

No-one at the club has any credibility left.

Dave Davutovic has just spoken on the Fox pre game show and said that he spoke to Peter sidwell during the week who was adamant that Aloisi was doing a good job and won't be removed :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Let me translate what Peter Sidwell really said

"Blood may be thicker than water, but it's certainly not as thick as ketchup. Nor does it go as well with French fries"

• Like 1

On the other hand, what could Sidwell say publicly? "I have no confidence in my Head Coach and if we don't win against Adelaide I'm going to sack him"?

"The Board are not happy with his performance so far"? Etc. Etc.?

When you think about it, Sidwell has to back him or sack him. There can't be a public position in between.

• Like 1