Melbourne Football

Round 6 v Sydney FC - AAMI Park Friday 16th

Mstrkrft

We all know JA is a coach with limited capabilities and plans. Given that Garcia and Thompson will have full knowledge of his philosophies, I think he should change things markedly and surprise them. I would love to see (yes I'm a Gooner) a 4-1-2-3 with all out aggression in the midfield. Start Mauk and Kalmar, play the ball on the deck, tell Mass to go in boots and all and if he looks like playing close to a red, sub Retre on. The Mosquito can have the ball on the deck, run Willo on the left (who will track back and actually help Aziz) and Dugga on the right to track back and help Walker when needed. Gol Gol and Rambo need to see what tracking back and pushing up hard actually are!! I'd also start Vrankovic over Paddy G - he is a far more reliable passer than Gerhardt and deserves a go. Will shock the shit out of Sydney and will certainly be far more entertaining to watch. We got a glimpse of this when Mauk came on and we looked far better. This long ball shit with no midfield options is not working and doing my head in.

• Like 2

We all know JA is a coach with limited capabilities and plans. Given that Garcia and Thompson will have full knowledge of his philosophies, I think he should change things markedly and surprise them. I would love to see (yes I'm a Gooner) a 4-1-2-3 with all out aggression in the midfield. Start Mauk and Kalmar, play the ball on the deck, tell Mass to go in boots and all and if he looks like playing close to a red, sub Retre on. The Mosquito can have the ball on the deck, run Willo on the left (who will track back and actually help Aziz) and Dugga on the right to track back and help Walker when needed. Gol Gol and Rambo need to see what tracking back and pushing up hard actually are!! I'd also start Vrankovic over Paddy G - he is a far more reliable passer than Gerhardt and deserves a go. Will shock the shit out of Sydney and will certainly be far more entertaining to watch. We got a glimpse of this when Mauk came on and we looked far better. This long ball shit with no midfield options is not working and doing my head in.

One could only hope the JA has the intelligence to change the game plan but the main problem is that in doing this that would involve change which we all know won't happen

Melbourne heart is more than our coach, we cant be both trying to sack JA but also saying we are not gonna come to the games. I myself believe that a change would be good for the club, but I also strongly believe that its times like these that we need everyone to get behind the club when the boys on the field need us the most. 

• Like 3

Its going to be an interesting night. I highly doubt the Sydney Fans will be travelling down to Melbourne, and if they do, expect OUR Yarraside reputation to be destroyed when the Victory fans bash up the Sydney Fans.

If any of you missed the action last night, here is the link: 

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-stabbed-police-arrest-teenager-after-aleague-soccer-match-in-sydney-20131110-2x9an.html

Edited by Podium

Its going to be an interesting night. I highly doubt the Sydney Fans will be travelling down to Melbourne, and if they do, expect OUR Yarraside reputation to be destroyed when the Victory fans bash up the Sydney Fans.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-stabbed-police-arrest-teenager-after-aleague-soccer-match-in-sydney-20131110-2x9an.html

Haha couldn't have happend to a better bunch

Haha couldn't have happend to a better bunch

Shouldn't happen bloke, not a good prospect for anyone.

Haha couldn't have happend to a better bunch Shouldn't happen bloke, not a good prospect for anyone.

Just I clear things up I don't actually hope Victory fans get stabbed.

Looks like MV fans were attacked:

"An hotel employee said about 30 people were involved in the fight, which lasted for 10 minutes.

Advertisement He said he saw a number of scuffles break out between a group of Melbourne Victory fans and another group of young people who were not wearing soccer jerseys.

"They didn’t seem to know each other. It was a group of Melbourne Victory fans being attacked by a group of youths who were not in colours," the employee said.

He said the group of young men had been waiting for the fans."

That's a pretty baseless thing to say. 

• Like 1

That's a pretty baseless thing to say. 

Who knows what the media will say if Victory fans do decide to do something, any bullshit to get a bigger headline 

I think that if all goes well we'll score a goal. We might even draw and at the moment that would be wonderful (and that's the tragedy of our present state). We can increase our points total by 50%. :wub:

I doubt that we'll win a game until we have Kewell back in midfield as JA is unlikely to start Mauk there. We still may not even win a game until we have Kewell and Engelaar. We still may not win a game until we have a coach who can install a winning mentality in a good group of players

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

I think that if all goes well we'll score a goal. We might even draw and at the moment that would be wonderful (and that's the tragedy of our present state). We can increase our points total by 50%. :wub:

I doubt that we'll win a game until we have Kewell back in midfield as JA is unlikely to start Mauk there. We still may not even win a game until we have Kewell and Engelaar. We still may not win a game until we have a coach who can install a winning mentality in a good group of players

Always enjoy reading your posts BG, don't you think we hang too much hope on Engelaar?

He was pretty rusty when he arrived.

Now after injury, lack of match fitness as well not having any time to build chemistry and understanding with other players, seriously what can we expect from him as he re-joins the team with half the season behind us.

Perhaps next season????

Always enjoy reading your posts BG, don't you think we hang too much hope on Engelaar?

Now after injury, lack of match fitness as well not having any time to build chemistry and understanding with other players, seriously what can we expect from him as he re-joins the team with half the season behind us.

Perhaps next season????

Pinning hopes on one or two players is ridiculous. Last year it was Grella. This year it's Kewell and Engelaar. Which 30+-y-o are we going to worship next season in this "cargo cult" religion?

This club started out with a belief in finding, developing and promoting young players. You bring in a sprinkling of more mature players as part of that process, not as Messiah figures who are somehow going to save the club.

If we'd stuck to building the club from the bottom we would not be in the mess that we are in now.

• Like 2

Perhaps next season????

Pinning hopes on one or two players is ridiculous. Last year it was Grella. This year it's Kewell and Engelaar. Which 30+-y-o are we going to worship next season in this "cargo cult" religion?

This club started out with a belief in finding, developing and promoting young players. You bring in a sprinkling of more mature players as part of that process, not as Messiah figures who are somehow going to save the club.

If we'd stuck to building the club from the bottom we would not be in the mess that we are in now.

Bingo.

The talk out of Aloisi is sickening. When we have players return we will be right. Righto.

Mass is getting sick of the loser culture. You can see it. Excuse after excuse.

Good teams show they can win no matter who is on their team sheet. Heck that wasn't WSW strongest outfit.

This week is it. A loss or draw here and the pressure will be too much. The club should be mapping out plans for this. Press conference Monday after the game with the interim manager in place.

Perhaps next season????

I did say

We still may not win a game until we have a coach who can install a winning mentality in a good group of players

We should win this. I watched the first half of the Sydney game last night. I'm not sure they created many decent chances, but scored 3 from gifts - a keeper howler, a riccochet off Ryalls head, and a completely needless penalty. It was bizzare. Why can't this sort of shit happen to us?

Anyway, I still think we've been better in the last couple of weeks. Apart from the Perth game, our problems have had more to do with execution rather than planning. We're creating enough, but not finishing. Although our defence still seems to get caught out in lapses of concentration too often.

It's the league's worst defence against a team that can't score in a brothel at the moment. It's hard to be confident when you're winless, but I think we're a lot closer than people might think. The drought should break this week.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 4