Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

I think after tonight, it's fair to say that it's official: you can't just assume any of the finals-bound teams are a lock for three points in any game, regardless of the opposition. I don't trust any of these teams and if there was ever a season where a team could win the championship from outside the top two, this definitely looks like it.

I think after tonight, it's fair to say that it's official: you can't just assume any of the finals-bound teams are a lock for three points in any game, regardless of the opposition. I don't trust any of these teams and if there was ever a season where a team could win the championship from outside the top two, this definitely looks like it.

inb4 we win the whole thing

Would have to say visitors are favorites to win the plate after tonight

Wow. What a difference a week makes. Still many twists and turns before the plates decided.

I still think they are favorite to win but what a crazy result

Agree, but in a finals anything can happen. Especially this season very even.

Get your money down Nate!

Actually although we are currently crap to watch, we are also hard to beat.  The biggest problem is the run of wins required once in the finals.  Damned hard to sustain unless you are a class above and if we were a class above, we wouldn't need to do it.  

• Like 1

Not saying that, but what would we be saying if City put in that performance? A few weeks back, we were pretty blase about smashing that mob 4-0. I just think people have their blinkers on a bit if they think the top five (four) are juggernauts that are just blowing everyone off the park. Adelaide is the only team above us that hasn't had an absolute shocker since our last loss to the Mariners.

I think on any given day, we can beat any of the teams above us anywhere, but because of our lack of mental strength, we're not going to be able to back that up for three weeks and go all the way.

• Like 2

Not saying that, but what would we be saying if City put in that performance? A few weeks back, we were pretty blase about smashing that mob 4-0. I just think people have their blinkers on a bit if they think the top five (four) are juggernauts that are just blowing everyone off the park. Adelaide is the only team above us that hasn't had an absolute shocker since our last loss to the Mariners.

I think on any given day, we can beat any of the teams above us anywhere, but because of our lack of mental strength, we're not going to be able to back that up for three weeks and go all the way. Too right. In regards to the pissants based on the highlights package, on most nights they would have lost by 3 or 4 to Sydney (8 if Redmayne was in goal). I don't fear anyone but having to win 4? in a row away is a big problem ( is it 4? Being a heart supporter I've never had to worry how the finals work)

TBH I expected Newcastle to play pretty well and the game to be tigh in terms of play, but I thought the visitors would get a big win purely because they finish really well so they wouldnt need many chances to score a few, and Newcastle cant score for crap.

What ended up happening was Newcastle played a bit better than even I thought, Victory couldn't finish their chances for once, and Newcastle scored a very lucky goal, they could have had another 20 chances and they wouldnt have scored TBH.

TBH I expected Newcastle to play pretty well and the game to be tigh in terms of play, but I thought the visitors would get a big win purely because they finish really well so they wouldnt need many chances to score a few, and Newcastle cant score for crap.What ended up happening was Newcastle played a bit better than even I thought, Victory couldn't finish their chances for once, and Newcastle scored a very lucky goal, they could have had another 20 chances and they wouldnt have scored TBH.

Errrr, that's wot happened. Newy were blazing away left, right and centre, missing shots that granny would have scored but they got the one that mattered. Anything can happen in a sudden death finals series. City for silverware. The pre-season favouritism might be proven correct after all ;)