Melbourne Football

English Premier League

malloy

Will Drogba actually leave or is he talking shit? Where would he go? Spain? France? China?

If so, does Torres definitely stay? 6goals this season for 80million squid aint exactly a great return but with Drogba gone perhaps he could play himself into form?

actually 11 goals this season, but taking a stab and saying your only including PL goals. you would think if Drogba was to leave Torres would be inclined to stay. Dunno where Drogba would go, but you would guess it would be somewhere where he can still be a super star and earn money ie China. He has done and won everything he needs/wants to do at Chelsea and mabye the timing is good for him to leave so that he goes out on a high and rather than playing on and going on the decline and potentially tarnishing he legendary status at chelsea

200px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg.png

we r' back lol

Kieron Dyer given a new 1 year contract at QPR, the guy pretty much has had his name permanantly printed on every treatment table at every club he's been at.

Should have seen him in his first game at West Ham - tore them to shreds. Next game - injured. How he still gets picked up by teams is hilarious. Worse than Michael Owen with injuries, but was never as talented as him.

He is one of the players that led to our club near collapsing under it's own wage bill.

Interestingly disturbing

Do Arsenal Artificially Enhance the Emirates Stadium Atmosphere

"As well as their sub-Saharan trophy drought, Arsenal also face regular jibes about their notoriously mute stadium atmosphere. ‘Highbury library’ and all that.

Well, an OTP exclusive suggests the acoustic atrocity could be much worse than first feared.

We took in a youth tournament at at the Emirates last week. With the finalists making their entry into an empty stadium, the Emirates speakers jump-started the atmosphere by bludgeoning our ears with a manufactured recording of Arsenal fans singing and chanting in unison.

As you’ll hear via the media player below, the audio sounds pretty close to a match day ambiance, albeit ratcheted up a fair few notches. OTP is certain that this wasn’t knocked together for a one-off youth tournament, so what else does the Emirates use it for?

Maybe we are wide of the mark, but the mischievous cynic within us reckons the Gunners might be using this for their games too: the auditory equivalent of chicken fillet bra padding to give the team a bit more confidence when they are out and about"

http://www.offthepos...ere/#more-22689

Highbury-e1314024965461.jpg

At least they dont have to paint fans on walls anymore I suppose...

West Ham is the new WBA a yo-yo club.

Your up and down like a brides nighty on her honey moon.

Ummmmm

pot-kettle-black.jpg

This post u were replying to was made by a Southampton fan, how are they a Yo-yo club?

27 Years in the Top Flight then,

3 in Championship then,

2 in League One then,

1 in Championship before:

Now Back in Top Flight.

Pretty Shit Yo-yo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mid table at best.

reckon they will be top 4.

My prediction are

Top 4 in no order

Chelsea

arsenal

city

united

newcastle will finish fifth or sixth.

Unsure on tottenham the could be fifth or sixth but just as likely to flop.

With liverpool to finish 6th or 7th depending on spurs

1. Manchester City

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. West Brom

10. Fulham

11. Aston Villa

12. Sunderland

13. West Ham

14. Norwich

15. Stoke

16. Southampton

17. Swansea

18. QPR

19. Reading

20. Wigan

League Cup: Manchester United.

FA Cup: Liverpool.

Top Goalscorer: Rooney & Aguero

Player of the Season: David Silva

First Manager Sacked: Mark Hughes.

Might be time to reevaluate where you chaps have put Stoke, easily European contenders after this.

Defender Goran Popov will soon represent Macedonia in the English Premier League after Dynamo Kyiv has opted to send the player on a season long loan to Stoke City.

http://macedonianfootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4893:goran-popov-to-join-stoke-city-on-loan&catid=13:international&Itemid=64

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

1-4 Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United (no order)

5. Tottenham

6. Newcastle

7. Liverpool

8. Everton

9. West Brom

I can pick the top 9, but not the bottom 11 - Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea, QPR & Villa to battle for 10-14, then the remaining for the 15-20.

League Cup - Everton/Sunderland

FA Cup - Chelsea

Top Scorer (as squads are atm) Aguero

Player of the Season - Juan Mata

Might be time to reevaluate where you chaps have put Stoke, easily European contenders after this.

http://macedonianfoo...ional&Itemid=64

Stoke to battle for top 10, not european contenders rofl.

Edited by DutchPride

Quality strike from Gera. Brilliant technique.

No idea how people rate Gerrard higher than Lampard (was having this argument just before ffs). The bloke is rubbish. By far the worst on the pitch in the first half, gives the ball away every time he touches it.

Some fans were singing a song to the whistle stop tune. Anyone know what it is?

Never thought Swansea would go down, thought WBA were a chance, but with the teams promoted this year and a majority of the 2nd season clubs being below par I can see them staying up.

Not sure how Swansea've managed to put 5 past QPR, they're not that shit.

Agree about WBA, they are a quality side and have made some handy improvements to their team over the summer. Don't think they will any trouble in finishing comfortably in mid table. WBA winning was not a shock really.

Surprised to see Swansea winning so easily though. Still think they will struggle this year though. They have lost their manager plus some of their better players. Hard to see them going down after a result like that, especially with a +10 GD on two of their relegation rivals now. It's only one match though and there is a very long way to go. One match doesn't change a lot. I'll be surprised if they in a comfortable position come May.

Great to see QPR down the bottom though (Y)

Also, good to see Arsenal's title challenge getting off to a good start.

no fucking way WBA, 21 home points, 25 away points last year - they can't do anything but improve on their home form, much better playing style already under Clarke, great pickup. They'll be easily pushing top 10.

Swansea are good, Laudrup is good (great pickup) & QPR have terrible defense i.e today's game - was horrible.

Michu great signing, another Spaniard easily embracing the PL. Nothing will change, I knew Laudrup would be able to continue Rodgers' playing style easily.

Arsenal have been known to start the season off slowly, and i know we're dropping points already, but we will be fine.

Cazorla is class. Never liked Mertesacker. wont be too shattered in selling Song if we buy M'Vila. much stronger defensibly. Loved Arteta's game.

Edited by nicotera5

Don't know what to think of the Chelsea match tbh. We were shite for 85 minutes and it was pretty frustrating to watch.

Thought Torres looked sharp but there was no service at all, just like last year. Very disappointing considering the talent behind him, I thought Hazard and Mata played pretty poorly. Hazard did get 2 assists but it was a simple pass and horrible defending for the pen but he didn't show anything else. The fact that he had Mata had so little impact against a lesser side was slightly concerning but maybe you can forgive them for taking it easy at 2-0 up. I thought Bertrand played a bit better and Oscar looked very promising. I would go with those 2 and Rambo for the Reading match tbh.

Lampard and Mikel both played quite well.

Back 4 + Cech were perfect apart from Luiz's yellow which, although possibly harsh, was unnecessary. Ivanovic very good going forward and well worth his goal. Clear best on imo.

All in all a very boring, frustrating game. Both teams wanted to sit back and invite the other team to attack so they could counter. It worked against the likes of Barca but didn't really work against Wigan and it certainly won't work against some of the bottom teams at home. Think we might really struggle to break Reading down if they come to SB only to park the bus and I could see games like this costing us the title.

Probably sounds like I'm moaning about a 2-0 away win but I'm very happy with the 3 points in the bag. You can't really ask for any more than that.

Surprised to see Swansea winning so easily though. Still think they will struggle this year though. They have lost their manager plus some of their better players. Hard to see them going down after a result like that, especially with a +10 GD on two of their relegation rivals now. It's only one match though and there is a very long way to go. One match doesn't change a lot. I'll be surprised if they in a comfortable position come May.

As a long time Swans fan, what neutrals dont realise is that Rodgers inherited the system from we play from Martinez and Sousa. Sure he improved it and brought in some quality signing (Caulker, Siggi), but it wasnt a system he'd used elsewhere- Chelsea 2nds, Reading etc. He was also known for having no Plan B and his use of the bench was simply for a pointless substitution at least 85% of the time (JvS and him would be good mates). Therefore, it will be interesting to see how he goes at Liversea, where he actually has to implement the system for the first time. I think it'll be a tough ask.

Its being interesting and surprising to watch pundit after pundit put us up for relegation this year. I was extremely confident until two weeks ago and then as the predictions kept getting released i was starting to think i'd missed something. Sure we lost some of our 'big' names, but Michu, Chico and de Guzman were exciting prospects and hopefully, it looks like they can deliver (touchwood). Im 100% Swansea would never have been able to lure such names without Laudrup. There's been excuses and weird political reasons for him leaving his previous posts, but he has shown that he's been able to work well with a limited budget. Plus, the tutelage he's given Dyer and Routledge has been priceless from information coming out of the club. If we get Hernandez and Yeung over the line, then i'll start sleeping a little easier. Must all remember though that Bolton won 4-0 and got relegated last year and QPR were horrible in the 2nd half on Sat night, so dont beat the drums just yet, but there's a nice bit of confidence starting to grow.... nothing like a 5-0 win for a new coach to build momentum at the start of a season.

Big game against West Ham this week, will be interesting to see how our wing play goes against their centre of the pitch flood.

• Like 1

I look at it this way - We did what we needed to do to win & were happy to take it with the tough schedule in the next 7 days. Mata was sluggish which was expected - Olympics & Euro's.

Hazard was pretty good tbf to him mate, tough ask coming from France to England on debut and I think he handled himself perfectly, a great way to ease himself into the league, and it shows he can take a challenge & is willing to draw 10 and over fouls per game. Mikel & Lampard were great, Cole was fine, Terry was brilliant cleared away EVERYTHING & Ivanovic's goal & game was fantastic, has been such a great player for us.

I'm not to concerned at the result, wigan away in the last 2 seasons has been tough so I was happy to see we had it over and done within ten minutes, with 2 games in the next 5 days it's an energy saver and nothing but a great start.

Brother kicked a whole in the wall of my new house, ffs...

United are notoriously bad starters (mg91) will back me here, but it has only stopped them from winning the league a couple of times. Tbh I hope the title doesn't end up in Manchester, blue or red, but I just can't see anyone else challenging apart from Chelsea..but I rate both Manc teams light years ahead of them.

Only time will tell, and until then I'll pay all my attention to my Hammers mid table finish :wub: