Melbourne Football

Imperial Sponsored Player

Bozza

Hi guys

Steve has asked me to compile a shortlist of players the imp could potentially sponsor, with a facebook vote to decide who it will be.

I had thought of the following 6 (6 is the limit)

Behich

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Dugandzic

Germano

Mifsud

What do you all think?

Please let me know your suggestions!

srs: why not kewell?

obvious option isn't it? best marketability? or am i missing a prerequisit or something

Kewell has Jeep

He dont need no sponser :P

Ok then, a lower profile than these two.

If he is going to mingle with fans and make appearances... then i believe it should be Kalmar.

Easily one of the funniest blokes at the club (along side Behich - he is being paid by besiktas) , will get along with everyone. 

srs: why not kewell?

obvious option isn't it? best marketability? or am i missing a prerequisit or something

Kewell has Jeep

He dont need no sponser :P

Ok then, a lower profile than these two.

If he is going to mingle with fans and make appearances... then i believe it should be Kalmar.

Easily one of the funniest blokes at the club (along side Behich - he is being paid by besiktas) , will get along with everyone. 

Obviosuly my Mifsud vote is extremely bias, but  i dont mind your idea of a lower profile player, but not keen on Kalmar.

If i could have another vote, it would be for either Mitchinson or Tex Walker. Both good, young talents and a pretty top blokes.

Plus they would really beneift from a sponsership

I dont think the players actually receive the money do they? I thought the sponsorship was just a moneymaking venture or the club, so that people or a group would sponsor a player and that entitles them to some extra concessions at the club, ie, signed jersey, dinner(yes, literally dinner with the player) and some other bullshit.

Ok how's this instead?

Walker

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Dugandzic

Germano

Kalmar

Behich is a super star but he is having his wage paid by bursaspor so why bother?

And I imagine Mifsud will be a tad more expensive and he hasn't imbedded himself with us as fans just yet. (Except for Libba obviously) no question on him being a top bloke or a good option but perhaps we stick with the long servicemen of the club?

Ok how's this instead?

Walker

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Dugandzic

Germano

Kalmar

Behich is a super star but he is having his wage paid by bursaspor so why bother?

And I imagine Mifsud will be a tad more expensive and he hasn't imbedded himself with us as fans just yet. (Except for Libba obviously) no question on him being a top bloke or a good option but perhaps we stick with the long servicemen of the club?

Understand what your saying but it is a season sponsorship do its not like we're stuck with him for good.

Anyways where do we vote exactly

No - It's like Player Sponsorship in the AFL/VFL

It's for fundraising for Heart, hence us regular Imp patrons should put our faith in last season's choice in Mate.

I don't really think it would be ditching Mate if the imp sponsored a different player.

I think the Imp should try to sponsor a different player every year tbh. Get a different signed top to hang up, different player to bring down for a function etc.

You all seem to have strayed off the point, but that's ok, I think I have enough to pass on!

Steve wants a short-list that can then be voted on, via the Imperial Facebook page. So expect to see it there in the coming days.

I will post the link here when it pops up.

Thanks for the help guys!

You all seem to have strayed off the point, but that's ok, I think I have enough to pass on!

Steve wants a short-list that can then be voted on, via the Imperial Facebook page. So expect to see it there in the coming days.

I will post the link here when it pops up.

Thanks for the help guys!

You don't come around here enough Bozza.

• Like 1